BANGKOK 23 March 2019 11:57
j8k

Bars open after midnight in Chiang Mai?

Do they exist, even on a Saturday night? Looking particularly for bars that might show EPL soccer?

Can't believe Thailand's second city seems to close down at midnight, I mean, <deleted> is going on here? I read that nightclubs close at 1am <deleted>!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

There's only Leicester v Crystal Palace after midnight tonight. I wouldn't bother !    LOL

• Like 2

OK, wouldnt mind watching the rugby too, england vs wales? What about that?

Still can't believe CM nightlife! What and ef.f.ing joke!

Edited by j8k
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, j8k said:

Do they exist, even on a Saturday night? Looking particularly for bars that might show EPL soccer?

And if we provided a name and address here do you think it will still be open tomorrow night?

The BIB are not as dumb as you think.  The owner of any said bar, not already in their radar/site address book, will very soon be asked for a donation to the tea fund to remain open. 

As said earlier ask the staff and patrons at bars that are showing live sports and you will be directed accordingly.

But remember, again as pointed out above, if you end up in a "lock in bar" you are "locked in to their prices". 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

But remember, again as pointed out above, if you end up in a "lock in bar" you are "locked in to their prices". 

All the after hours  lock bars that I have been too around LK , they all charged normal prices 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

All the after hours  lock bars that I have been too around LK , they all charged normal prices 

I did not say that they would not charge "normal prices".  I just stated that he is "locked in" to whatever they wish to charge.

You sound as if you are a "regular" such customer and could well be getting a better deal than a stranger who does not know the "norms".

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

As a "senior member" I assume you must have done some research before you came here, and therefore knew the rules/norms, I think it is wrong to state that Thailand is "a joke of a country". 

The joke, if any, is on you! 

When I came here they were open all night, times change.

If you want 24/7 cheap drinking I can thoroughly recommend Siam Reap, beer 50c/pint cocktails $1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

When I came here they were open all night, times change.

If you want 24/7 cheap drinking I can thoroughly recommend Siam Reap, beer 50c/pint cocktails $1

And watch EPL?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

recommend Siam Reap, beer 50c/pint cocktails $1

I thought we were discussing Thailand which uses Baht and not the USA which I believe has c's & $'s !

PS; can you get Siam Reap and watch the EPL in the US of A?

Edited by scottiejohn