Single Entry tourist visa

Hello everyone, 

My name is Kaan, I am from Turkey. I am in Thailand right now. I want to know where the best place is to apply for a single entry tourist visa. I am planning to stay in Thailand long time  to search teaching jobs here. But I need to extend my visa until I  can find a job here. Where should I go for that??  Laos or Cambodia??? 

Thanks in advance for any help and any advices.... 

Edited by de souza34

Laos is a good option to get a single entry tourist visa. But since you are from Turkey you will have to apply for a Lao visa at the Lao embassy in Bangkok or the consulate in Khon Kaen.

Phnom Penh is not a good location to get a tourist visa at this time. 

Malaysia is an option.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PaulinSaphanKwai said:

Are all regional Thai embassies/consulates requesting to see THB 20,000 cash for tourist visas?

Vientiane does not. Yangon did not request this from me a couple of years ago, but wanted to see either proof of travel in and out of Thailand, or hotel reservations. Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi were not requesting this for first tourist visas a couple of years ago, but I understand this may have changed.

4 hours ago, BritTim said:

Vientiane does not. Yangon did not request this from me a couple of years ago, but wanted to see either proof of travel in and out of Thailand, or hotel reservations. Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi were not requesting this for first tourist visas a couple of years ago, but I understand this may have changed.

Thanks BritTim.