Jump to content
BANGKOK 25 March 2019 10:17
jingjai9

I have 2 Questions

Recommended Posts

I have two questions:

 

1) What is the legal status of erectile dysfunction agents such as Viagra in Thailand? Is it legal to sell them in pharmacies? I recall there was one medicine of this type from India called Super kamagra. It contained a drug for premature ejaculation. The PE drug is classified a as a psychotropic. Therefore, Thailand banned its sale. This is not the same as Kamagra or Kamagra jelly. Can anyone tell me the legal status of such medicines and where your information originates from?

 

2)  What happens if you are in Thailand and they want to get deport you, but you are stateless?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Yes, can get at pharmacy.

2. Your <deleted> more than the person you plan to use the Viagra with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, jingjai9 said:

1) What is the legal status of erectile dysfunction agents such as Viagra in Thailand? Is it legal to sell them in pharmacies? I recall there was one medicine of this type from India called Super kamagra. It contained a drug for premature ejaculation. The PE drug is classified a as a psychotropic. Therefore, Thailand banned its sale. This is not the same as Kamagra or Kamagra jelly. Can anyone tell me the legal status of such medicines and where your information originates from?

Why, are you considering opening a pharmacy or something ?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, HLover said:

1. Yes, can get at pharmacy.

2. Your <deleted> more than the person you plan to use the Viagra with.

Viagra is legal in Thailand,  but only on presription from a Doctor, however, as we all know,  it is freely available in many pharmacies, and on the streets,  on a less that legal basis. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those are two very different questions: the Thai Ministry of Public Health has a sub-division called the FDA, the Thai Food and Drug Administration. Their website has a page where you can check the legal status of any drug
http://permitfortraveler.fda.moph.go.th/

You'll see half way down, they have a link to a page where you can check the legal status of any drug
http://permitfortraveler.fda.moph.go.th/CheckTheDrug

You can check for yourself, but it seems to be okay to bring Viagra in, I don't know about the other stuff.  
You can't legally buy it from a Thai pharmacy without a prescription. The Indian medicine you mentioned isn't registered in Thailand and therefore won't be sold. 
You can probably find a dodgy pharmacy around the Nana area or elsewhere that may sell it but you'll never know if you're getting legit meds or counterfeit. Its the same buying online - you never know what you're going to get!


Your second question is interesting: if you're stateless, you can't be deported to your home country and could try to claim asylum in Thailand or some other country. Being stateless is pretty good grounds for applying for asylum. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Statelessness is a difficult position to attain accidentally.  Jadee has it right that being stateless is a strong position from which to apply for asylum.  If you are, indeed, stateless, you can pick and choose your future home by applying for asylum remotely.

 

If you are truly stateless, it follows that you are probably in Thailand illegally, as Immigration requires that you have legal status as either a citizen or permanent resident (with citizenship someplace).  This is the global standard.  The World Service Authority creates a passport-like document that you may use for travel if all parties accept it.  (It helps if you have a valid visa stamped in it, such as for the nation to which you are applying for asylum.)  The USA processes asylum applications remotely, for one.  I am not an authority on Statelessness, but that's what I know.

 

An interesting wrinkle is if your former home country was a federation or union (Brazil, USA, Mexico, Germany are all examples of this structure), one can lose or reject citizenship in the larger organization while retaining citizenship in the smaller political subdivision.  An example of this would be someone who renounced US citizenship (sometimes a smart thing to do) while retaining Texas nationality, which was acquired by birth.  In that case, one would not truly be 'stateless', but the current system would likely be Gobsmacked as to how to address your existence.

 

As far as Erectile Dysfunction, that can often be treated legally with testosterone replacement therapy, general health and detox practices and being in better physical condition.  The body knows that the slowest member of the herd isn't going to be catching any females for mating, so doesn't bother.

Edited by WyrldTraveler
Senior moment and forgot to talk about ED

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Viagra is legal in Thailand

But a good idea to get your heart and fitness checked out before using it.

I only say this because in UK they won't give you it without a check up that's what happen to me anyhow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

But a good idea to get your heart and fitness checked out before using it.

I only say this because in UK they won't give you it without a check up that's what happen to me anyhow.

indeed so, good advice, but I bet that most in LOS taking it don't do that. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jadee said:

Those are two very different questions: the Thai Ministry of Public Health has a sub-division called the FDA, the Thai Food and Drug Administration. Their website has a page where you can check the legal status of any drug
http://permitfortraveler.fda.moph.go.th/

You'll see half way down, they have a link to a page where you can check the legal status of any drug
http://permitfortraveler.fda.moph.go.th/CheckTheDrug

You can check for yourself, but it seems to be okay to bring Viagra in, I don't know about the other stuff.  
You can't legally buy it from a Thai pharmacy without a prescription. The Indian medicine you mentioned isn't registered in Thailand and therefore won't be sold. 
You can probably find a dodgy pharmacy around the Nana area or elsewhere that may sell it but you'll never know if you're getting legit meds or counterfeit. Its the same buying online - you never know what you're going to get!


Your second question is interesting: if you're stateless, you can't be deported to your home country and could try to claim asylum in Thailand or some other country. Being stateless is pretty good grounds for applying for asylum. 

But if he is indeed stateless, how did he get a passport and visa to enter Thailand? He must have got it from somewhere. if he was made stateless while in Thailand, I imagine that the law says that his passport and visa become void, but I'm only guessing.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

       My  regular lady friend in the bar trade {cleaner] ,  she can  supply me with viagra ,  on a twice weekly basis .

        Regular as clockwork . 555

 

 

Edited by elliss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, elliss said:

 

       My  regular lady friend in the bar trade {cleaner] ,  she can  supply me with viagra ,  on a twice weekly basis .

        Regular as clockwork . 555

 

 

Hahaha, what is wrong with your gear?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...