Three UK ministers throw weight behind Brexit delay to stop no-deal

rooster59

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, evadgib said:

'leave' covered it.

Can you show me one quote from before the referendum were a leading brexiter explained why crashing out with no deal was a good idea ? 

48 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Leaving the E.U. means LEAVING the E.U.

Leaving the E.U with the same deals is NOT leaving the E.U.

"Leaving" the E.U with deals is just staying in the E.U with different terms and conditions

Have you ever thought of leaving the UK to escape if the EU if its so bad and you dont like the half brexit that is likely...maybe you have left if so why worry so much.

5 minutes ago, evadgib said:

How far back?

Will this do?

Let me know if you need more ????

That seems more of an argument for leave in general rather than leaving and tearing up all treaties with the EU 

13 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

3 arch remainers who just want to overturn the 2016 referendum result or keep us tied to the EU with a BRINO. I can see these two now asking for another referendum.

They should resign from the cabinet like those have done who disagree with the PM. I wonder who is bankrolling them?

Yes because the advisory 2016 referendum was sacrosanct, never to be questioned, challenged or debated.

Doh!

2 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

I don’t know what you’re trying to say here. I said: There was no referendum about having a deal or no deal with the EU after leaving the EU. There was only a manipulated opinion poll about whether to leave the EU or not. 

“BRINO” is a poor attempt of Brexiteers trying to get a say in things that never have been part of the referendum. As I said already, you only voted to end EU membership, so whatever deal the UK agrees with EU (or not) is not your business. 

We were discussing what was written on the ballot paper. Not who was eligible for one. 

Let me help you understand:

No, the referendum was not about a deal, it was simply in or out. "..manipulated opinion poll,,," 
No, BRINO is Remain's attempt at trying to keep us effectively in the EU, while proclaiming to all and sundry that we have left. We saw through that one, because it is very much our business. Who's business do you think it is?
Ah, kinda guessing that you never even saw a ballot paper, which could indicate where you are coming from. (If not from outer space, as I sometimes think.)

17 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Yes because the advisory 2016 referendum was sacrosanct, never to be questioned, challenged or debated.

Doh!

Are you suggesting that the referendum hasnt been "questioned , challenged or debated"?

It quite clearly has so , what you mean is that there should be another referendum in the hope that the vote goes the other way

11 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Are you suggesting that the referendum hasnt been "questioned , challenged or debated"?

It quite clearly has so , what you mean is that there should be another referendum in the hope that the vote goes the other way

So much for irony!

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

Let me help you understand:

No, the referendum was not about a deal, it was simply in or out. "..manipulated opinion poll,,," 
No, BRINO is Remain's attempt at trying to keep us effectively in the EU, while proclaiming to all and sundry that we have left.

Do you actually realize that you’re contradicting yourself? First you (correctly) say that “the referendum was not about a deal, it was simply in or out”. In a strict binary choice like that, EU member yes or no, there cannot be such thing as “BRINO”. When the EU membership has been ended, the opinion poll has been implemented, whatever deal or nodeal comes after that. 

“BRINO” is an invention of Brexiteers; it means: “Government asked for our opinion whether to end EU membership or not. Even though that opinion poll was manipulated and not binding, the government is actually ending EU membership. But we also want to have a say in what future relationship we want to have or not have with the EU, even though that was never part of the referendum. Not getting a say in that is BRINO.”

We saw through that one, because it is very much our business. Who's business do you think it is?

In a parliamentary representative democracy? Parliament’s business. 

Ah, kinda guessing that you never even saw a ballot paper, which could indicate where you are coming from. (If not from outer space, as I sometimes think.)

I saw the ballot paper. 

Now May has announced that there will be no meaningful vote on Wednesday after all.  She has now kicked it down the road yet again and it will be on the 12th March, just 17 days before the due date to leave the EU.  Anyone who has any belief that Theresa May is not running the clock down needs an urgent reality check!

She is pushing the country ever closer to her deal or utter chaos, either one being truly bad for the country, Brexiteers and remainers alike.

38 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Now May has announced that there will be no meaningful vote on Wednesday after all.  She has now kicked it down the road yet again and it will be on the 12th March, just 17 days before the due date to leave the EU.  Anyone who has any belief that Theresa May is not running the clock down needs an urgent reality check!

She is pushing the country ever closer to her deal or utter chaos, either one being truly bad for the country, Brexiteers and remainers alike.

so much for a so called sovereign parliament

Archived