Three UK ministers throw weight behind Brexit delay to stop no-deal

rooster59

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I saw the ballot paper. 

No, I’m afraid it’s you that simply does not understand. The vote was Leave - that means out, from all EU rules and costs.
BRINO is Not an invention of Brexiteers. It is the capitulation ‘agreement’ made between Theresa May and Angela Merkel last year. It tied us back into to the EU in ‘the worst deal in history’ which was resoundingly defeated by both sides of the argument. BRINO is the name given to that failed attempt to con us into not respecting the referendum Leave.

You may be comfortable with your totalitarian regimes, but in the UK we do not permit even Parliament to override the people.

Saw the ballot paper? Probably recently here on TVF. Did you even know Brexit was a thing until someone told you “The UK is Leaving us. Where do we find that 8 Bn pa now? How can we survive without their input?”

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

6 hours ago, baansgr said:

For all those lefty loving student types out there....even Arthur Scargill wanted out of the E.U. so go stuff ya selves on that one and cry in your cornflakes.

I'm sorry to shatter your delusion, but "Lefty loving student types" are like hen's teeth in TV forums. The impression I get from a significant proportion of posts, is that those making them are at least geriatric, if not actually suffering from senile dementia. I expect your "Student types" are far to busy shagging, indulging in recreational chemicals, and mending their backpacks, to care what a bunch of old "Expats" say to one another.

Yes Arthur Scargill, Jeremy Corbyn, Tony Benn, Len McCluskey, John McDonnell, Michael Foot, and a small band of other left wingers are/were all Europhobes. This simply proves that idiocy is not the sole preserve of the right wing.

4 hours ago, Loiner said:

No, I’m afraid it’s you that simply does not understand. The vote was Leave - that means out, from all EU rules and costs.
BRINO is Not an invention of Brexiteers. It is the capitulation ‘agreement’ made between Theresa May and Angela Merkel last year. It tied us back into to the EU in ‘the worst deal in history’ which was resoundingly defeated by both sides of the argument. BRINO is the name given to that failed attempt to con us into not respecting the referendum Leave.

You may be comfortable with your totalitarian regimes, but in the UK we do not permit even Parliament to override the people.

Saw the ballot paper? Probably recently here on TVF. Did you even know Brexit was a thing until someone told you “The UK is Leaving us. Where do we find that 8 Bn pa now? How can we survive without their input?”

While I find your conspiracy theory hogwash and attempts to manipulate the facts somewhat entertaining, all the babbling doesn’t change that:

1. The UK is a parliamentary representative democracy, in which referendums are advisory. 

2. A ballot paper exists for a reason, and that is not a drawing exercise for people, but to make sure it is clear what people vote for, so that not someone like you can come afterwards and tell people what they voted for. 

You’re the perfect example of undemocratic Brexiteers, who are trying to undermine the UK’s parliamentary representative democracy through manipulated opinion polls, and when even that is not enough trying to tell people what they actually voted for. So much regarding “totalitarian regimes”; the little England you’re going for seems to be more a little North-Korea. 

While I find your conspiracy theory hogwash and attempts to manipulate the facts somewhat entertaining, all the babbling doesn’t change that:

1. The UK is a parliamentary representative democracy, in which referendums are advisory. 

2. A ballot paper exists for a reason, and that is not a drawing exercise for people, but to make sure it is clear what people vote for, so that not someone like you can come afterwards and tell people what they voted for. 

You’re the perfect example of undemocratic Brexiteers, who are trying to undermine the UK’s parliamentary representative democracy through manipulated opinion polls, and when even that is not enough trying to tell people what they actually voted for. So much regarding “totalitarian regimes”; the little England you’re going for seems to be more a little North-Korea. 

No, you have it all arse about space again. You don’t really understand what happened do you?
1. We the people were given the choice on that rare occasion. Only advisory? Forget it, we are way past that now. Parliamentarians voted overwhelmingly by 498 votes to 114 to Leave the EU by invoking Article 50.
2. The ballot was clear. Leave. No ifs no buts. All the implications were made clear prior to the referendum. There is nobody here telling us what we voted for, unless you mean Remainers and foreigners in their subjugation attempts.

All undermining is being done by Remainers, duplicitous MPs, and the EU themselves. Manipulated opinion polls? Yes the very ones the elite based their Remain predictions on, then continued to manipulate for a second referendum, or any other cheating excuse to stay.
Your part of space obviously doesn’t understand the British concept of fair play. The totalitarian regime that the EU is fast becoming doesn’t really ‘do’ that either. You can’t tell the difference between the UK an PRK? You might be happier in Pyongyang than space, because they wouldn’t let you have a referendum either. No that I believe you were eligible to vote in it.

10 minutes ago, Loiner said:

No, you have it all arse about space again. You don’t really understand what happened do you?

I do, thank you. 

1. We the people were given the choice on that rare occasion. Only advisory?

Yes, only advisory. 

2. The ballot was clear. Leave. No ifs no buts.

Correct, no ifs, no buts, no “cannot be this deal”, no “has to be no-deal”, no “must include this and exclude that”

There is nobody here telling us what we voted for, unless you mean Remainers and foreigners in their subjugation attempts.

Brexiteers are trying to tell people what they voted for; “by voting to leave, you voted for a no-deal”, something that was never written on the ballot paper. If you want to go down that road—fine, just don’t be surprised when the other side then also starts telling what people voted for. 

Your part of space obviously doesn’t understand the British concept of fair play.

Manipulating a referendum, on top of that manipulating even the result. What a great concept of fair play that is lol

8 hours ago, Loiner said:

1. We the people were given the choice on that rare occasion. Only advisory? Forget it, we are way past that now. Parliamentarians voted overwhelmingly by 498 votes to 114 to Leave the EU by invoking Article 50.
2. The ballot was clear. Leave. No ifs no buts. All the implications were made clear prior to the referendum. There is nobody here telling us what we voted for, unless you mean Remainers and foreigners in their subjugation attempts.

All undermining is being done by Remainers, duplicitous MPs, and the EU themselves. Manipulated opinion polls? Yes the very ones the elite based their Remain predictions on, then continued to manipulate for a second referendum, or any other cheating excuse to stay.
Your part of space obviously doesn’t understand the British concept of fair play. The totalitarian regime that the EU is fast becoming doesn’t really ‘do’ that either. You can’t tell the difference between the UK an PRK? You might be happier in Pyongyang than space, because they wouldn’t let you have a referendum either. No that I believe you were eligible to vote in it.

Here's an example that happened today:

8 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

I do, thank you. 

Yes, only advisory. 

Correct, no ifs, no buts, no “cannot be this deal”, no “has to be no-deal”, no “must include this and exclude that”

Brexiteers are trying to tell people what they voted for; “by voting to leave, you voted for a no-deal”, something that was never written on the ballot paper. If you want to go down that road—fine, just don’t be surprised when the other side then also starts telling what people voted for. 

Manipulating a referendum, on top of that manipulating even the result. What a great concept of fair play that is lol

No, you only think you do, but obviously you really don't

Parliament took it and ran with it. Three times!

Yes, in our country we can correct the politicians if necessary. They all threw out her last appeasement agreement and may well do for the next. If it contains things parliament doesn't agree with, then it does not get passed. Its not like the EU here you know.

Of course Brexiteers are telling everyone what they voted for, because we all knew. That's the road we're taking, 'cos that's how we roll.  It tends to be Remainers and elites that tell us we didn't know. Haven't you noticed that they've been doing that for the last two years and a half years? Still don't agree with them.

You certainly have a higher regard for the Leave campaign's capabilities than I do. Manipulating the referendum and result would be an EU type of trick. Don't you think we would have had a landslide if that was possible?? Yes, I didn't expect you would understand that fairness concept. Cheating at voting is just not cricket old boy. It's not that EU song contest thingy here you know. Nil points for the spacey song.

When is a referendum not a referendum ?  answer = When politicians with conflicts of interest get involved .

Politicians will either carry out the wishes of their constituents , or of their own / business lobbied interests or that of their party whip . So there within lies the basic debacle of Brexit .

I for one voted leave with an understanding that the UK would once again be self governing and free of the shackles of the power seeking EU globalists . However I ask myself the question " Why was the country so divided ? "  The simple leave or stay vote tells us nothing of voters reasons . One main reason for remainers may have been the " fear tactics " used by Cameron both on TV and factory crusades .

If there was another referendum , would that be the conclusion ? I doubt it . One thing is for sure in my mind and that is the TM deal on offer is to be avoided at all costs as it puts the UK in a worse position than if we had remained in the  EU , with are hands tied and no say .

Ironically if the UK government cannot make a decision on Brexit and deny the democratic vote of the people , just maybe it could be taken to the European Courts of Justice for a ruling .  ???? 

Archived