Mobil Speed Bump in my Moo Ban Last night!

highonthai

I ran one of these over once on a back road behind Maya. It was dark and I was going too fast and didn’t see it until the last second. I thought it was a fallen tree and braces for impact, but instead hit it and sort of squished over it and the bump wasn’t that bad.

Immediately I stopped and realized it was a huge snake, then it slithered off. It was big enough to easily kill a human. Told the nearby home owners there the next day and they all laughed about it. 

On 2/24/2019 at 1:11 AM, dcnx said:

I ran one of these over once on a back road behind Maya. It was dark and I was going too fast and didn’t see it until the last second. I thought it was a fallen tree and braces for impact, but instead hit it and sort of squished over it and the bump wasn’t that bad.

Immediately I stopped and realized it was a huge snake, then it slithered off. It was big enough to easily kill a human. Told the nearby home owners there the next day and they all laughed about it. 

Reminds me of signs i used to see in Australia mid 60s if you see a snake on the road/track slow down go over it and check in rearview mirror to make sure it is still there, apparently they can roll and flick up into the car undercarriage and finish up in the boot of the car, ready to give you a nice surprise next time you open your boot!

47 minutes ago, maxcorrigan said:

Reminds me of signs i used to see in Australia mid 60s if you see a snake on the road/track slow down go over it and check in rearview mirror to make sure it is still there, apparently they can roll and flick up into the car undercarriage and finish up in the boot of the car, ready to give you a nice surprise next time you open your boot!

Would not surprise me in the slightest... too many times I have heard stories of things in Australia freaky enough to keep me up at night, lol.  And then people can't imagine why it's not high on my priority list of places to visit...

5 minutes ago, yogavnture said:

i saw a huge python on ko tao a couple of years ago. but how would one get thier?  its an island?  maybe it is eating all the cursed tourists that go missing thier?

Possibly a former pet.  This is a problem in places in the U.S.-- Florida is one I keep hearing about.  People get a snake or alligator, when it gets too big (because they didn't do their homework ahead of time...), they flush it or let it go, and there it is in the wild (where it can cause problems if it's not a native species).

7 hours ago, ndreamer said:

I seen a huge bright green snake (like tree snake green) walking home one night it come out of a drain. Is it the same type of snake ?

Was that when you were on your way home from the doctor, after he gave you your medical hooch script :cheesy: 

I need to quit drinking....put my hand in a case of Leo to get a beer and there was a snake just starting to uncoil itself in the box.........luckily I managed to find some cold ones in another fridge....I was no way going back to that box, i would rather go thirsty...seem to be a lot of them about this year, it's the third one I have seen, but never that close up !!!

I hate snakes !!

Do you know that snakes like beer or slightly alcoholic drinks.
Besides, in principle, all animals like alcohol.
As long as we cut bushes, trees and other plants for crappy constructions, we will have more and more wildlife that will approach homes.
Before the climate problem, let's see that of flora and fauna.

4 hours ago, sirocco said:

Do you know that snakes like beer or slightly alcoholic drinks.
Besides, in principle, all animals like alcohol.
As long as we cut bushes, trees and other plants for crappy constructions, we will have more and more wildlife that will approach homes.
Before the climate problem, let's see that of flora and fauna.

Our cats have never shown the slightest interest in wine, beer or liquor.  Now, dogs and beer are a different story.

Back in the U.S. we had problems with slugs and snails attacking the hostas.  Read that if you put out saucers of beer near the hosta plants at night, it would attract the slugs and snails and they'd drown in the beer.  Tried that one evening, then let the dog out for her evening duty before we went to bed.  She came back with beer on her breath, definitely acting loopy.  

Hello, 

Exact for slugs and snails, for beer.
It seems, with crushed egg shells.
Well, I admit that it was not a success.
On the other hand, by putting leaves, or a black plastic, and by moistening the ground, very early in the morning, you can pick up snails and slugs, in the following 1/2 hour, just at sunrise.
Of course, I do it on flower boxes.
Currently, there are many baby snails.
How is the dog, now ???

Archived