Jump to content
BANGKOK 22 March 2019 05:25

Procedure for employment with girlfriends sister in U.S

Recommended Posts

My girlfriends sister is a U.S citizen and single mum who is about to open a business over there and would like us to work and help out with the child etc.


How easy is it likely to be for the both of us to get the required visas and work permits for this in the U.S?


Any idea if we should just go there on tourist visas first, or is it normal to get working visas and permits before we arrive?


Can you get this sort of info online or is a visit to the appropriate U.S consulate necessary?



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

This would be tough. Her sister could apply for an immigrant visa, but she would second or third preference, so it could be years.

I would recommend you not apply for a tourist visa, enter the United States and then try any adjustment of status. That is frowned upon.


This would be the required reading for you;




Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Create New...