What is the expiry date on the jars?
Vegemite can only have more intensity if several years past due by
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Khaeng Mak said:

What is the expiry date on the jars?

Its Eternal.

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Stroh's beer isn't it?

The fact that you evidently have tasted Strohs shows me that you are not a beer connesewer.

I am waiting for Brit man to come and fly the flag for Marmite

I preferred Vegemite over Marmite as well.  Back in my working days, when I was working in Saudi Arabia, my co-worker from UK would ask me to bring back some Vegemite as he preferred Vegemite over Marmite. 

To be honest, Marmite, as well as its cruder, less refined version, Vegemite, is an excellent way to accentuate the flavour of other ingredients in a good sarnie, while at the same time masking the inherent disgustingness of both products which are favoured only on this earth by the inbred residents of a two bit Island and their degenerate, convict offspring.

One takes two thick slices of a fresh pumpernickel. Spread a thin layer of the disgusting yeast stuff on one piece of bread, spread a bit of Russian Dressing on the other. Place thinly sliced rare roast beef, thinly sliced sharp cheddar, thin sliced Tomato and some onion and sprouts. Assemble and serve.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Its Eternal.

The fact that you evidently have tasted Strohs shows me that you are not a beer connesewer.

I didn't say I tasted it. I looked at it, utterly flabbergasted. I then politely offered it to the barman for free, and asked him to pour me a bourbon. At least that had some colour in it.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

To be honest, Marmite, as well as its cruder, less refined version, Vegemite, is an excellent way to accentuate the flavour of other ingredients in a good sarnie, while at the same time masking the inherent disgustingness of both products which are favoured only on this earth by the inbred residents of a two bit Island and their degenerate, convict offspring.

One takes two thick slices of a fresh pumpernickel. Spread a thin layer of the disgusting yeast stuff on one piece of bread, spread a bit of Russian Dressing on the other. Place thinly sliced rare roast beef, thinly sliced sharp cheddar, thin sliced Tomato and some onion and sprouts. Assemble and serve.

So, you are telling me "Deliverance" is just a figment of Hollywood's imagination?

I've always thought pumpernickel resembled chaff that had been dyed with road tar, and baked. I can't describe the taste, the memory is too distressing.

• Haha 1