Attention all Aussies - vegemite

Lacessit

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can just see hordes of sunburned bush hat wearing Fosters swilling yahoos descending on Rimping yelling unintelligible phrases and charging the Vegemite shelf like a bunch of fat chicks from Atlanta attackinh the buy one get two free bra table at Wally World on Black Friday evening.

Shots fired shots fired its a mob scene

Just now, Nyezhov said:

I can just see hordes of sunburned bush hat wearing Fosters swilling yahoos descending on Rimping yelling unintelligible phrases and charging the Vegemite shelf like a bunch of fat chicks from Atlanta attackinh the buy one get two free bra table at Wally World on Black Friday evening.

You forgot the corks attached to the bush hats to keep the flies away. We don't swill Fosters, we sip it reverently. This comment coming from a citizen of a country that makes beer that looks like water? Stroh's beer isn't it?

We are not sunburned, we are tanned bronze gods. That furphy has been spread by envious Brits who turn bright red after 5 minutes in the Australian sun.

Based on what I have seen of the mammaries of most American chicks, any bra manufacturer in Yankeeland would go broke on the sheer area of cloth restraint required. Unless they are sourcing their material from surplus Army tents.

3 minutes ago, Khaeng Mak said:

What is the expiry date on the jars?

Didn't look. While vegemite has an expiry date, I'm sure if it was found in an Egyptian pharoah's tomb it would still be edible. Salt content.

5 minutes ago, Khaeng Mak said:

What is the expiry date on the jars?

Its Eternal.

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Stroh's beer isn't it?

The fact that you evidently have tasted Strohs shows me that you are not a beer connesewer.

To be honest, Marmite, as well as its cruder, less refined version, Vegemite, is an excellent way to accentuate the flavour of other ingredients in a good sarnie, while at the same time masking the inherent disgustingness of both products which are favoured only on this earth by the inbred residents of a two bit Island and their degenerate, convict offspring.

One takes two thick slices of a fresh pumpernickel. Spread a thin layer of the disgusting yeast stuff on one piece of bread, spread a bit of Russian Dressing on the other. Place thinly sliced rare roast beef, thinly sliced sharp cheddar, thin sliced Tomato and some onion and sprouts. Assemble and serve.

2 minutes ago, metisdead said:

I preferred Vegemite over Marmite as well.  Back in my working days, when I was working in Saudi Arabia, my co-worker from UK would ask me to bring back some Vegemite as he preferred Vegemite over Marmite. 

I have a mod on my side? That's a first. I'll have to frame it and put it up on a wall.

7 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Its Eternal.

The fact that you evidently have tasted Strohs shows me that you are not a beer connesewer.

I didn't say I tasted it. I looked at it, utterly flabbergasted. I then politely offered it to the barman for free, and asked him to pour me a bourbon. At least that had some colour in it.

4 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

To be honest, Marmite, as well as its cruder, less refined version, Vegemite, is an excellent way to accentuate the flavour of other ingredients in a good sarnie, while at the same time masking the inherent disgustingness of both products which are favoured only on this earth by the inbred residents of a two bit Island and their degenerate, convict offspring.

One takes two thick slices of a fresh pumpernickel. Spread a thin layer of the disgusting yeast stuff on one piece of bread, spread a bit of Russian Dressing on the other. Place thinly sliced rare roast beef, thinly sliced sharp cheddar, thin sliced Tomato and some onion and sprouts. Assemble and serve.

So, you are telling me "Deliverance" is just a figment of Hollywood's imagination?

I've always thought pumpernickel resembled chaff that had been dyed with road tar, and baked. I can't describe the taste, the memory is too distressing.

6 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I didn't say I tasted it. I looked at it, utterly flabbergasted. I then politely offered it to the barman for free, and asked him to pour me a bourbon. At least that had some colour in it.

Ha....thats like saying folks don't "inhale".....busted. You ordered a Strohs. You are no longer fit to talk about English beer.

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

So, you are telling me "Deliverance" is just a figment of Hollywood's imagination?

No, the original story was about Albania, they thought that changing it to the USA and using Ned Beatty instead of a goat would make it more unrealistic and dream like.

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I've always thought pumpernickel resembled chaff that had been dyed with road tar, and baked. I can't describe the taste, the memory is too distressing.

Well those of us with Eastern European ancestry can appreciate a fine brown or black bread, especially here in Thailand, where knowledge of Eastern European cuisine makes excellent conversation ice breakers when talking to Ukrainian girls at Mixx....one just doesnt want to walk up and say, Hi, how much for ST?

2 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

and your point is? It's making my mouth water just reading your post. 

Wonder where I should watch ManU/LIverpool in a place where such grub is available.

1 minute ago, Nyezhov said:

Wonder where I should watch ManU/LIverpool in a place where such grub is available.

Now there I can't help you. I'm a Yorkshire man , so the goings on across the far west of the UK are of no interest to me.

The War of the Roses isn't over yet, just suspended for a while.  

2 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Now there I can't help you. I'm a Yorkshire man , so the goings on across the far west of the UK are of no interest to me.

The War of the Roses isn't over yet, just suspended for a while.  

that's sure a long out of the way journey, just to get Vegemite!

I'll be there within the hour.

I was brought up in OZ on Vegemite on toast, my sadly departed Thai wife developed a solid taste for it when she was studying in OZ, our Thai son loved it from a toddler, and his three Thai kids are all total believers, included in their breakfast probably 4 days a week and their choice for a snack.  Son's wife not yet a convert but her elderly mother; salt of the earth old style up country Thai farmer also loves Vege on toast, she demands it when she visits. 

promite is better than both for me, vegemite when I was very young but taste buds change and promite is a lot nicer although I still like vegemite on toast an rare occasions but wouldnt bother buying a jar of it

Don't care for the taste of Vegamite but will eat it at a pinch if Marmite is not available. I have always eaten Marmite since I was old enough to burn the toast I put it on.

Had a friend who loved Marmite so much he instructed his wife when he died to put some of his ashes in a large Marmite jar he kept for this purpose, and there it stands on the bookshelf to this day, eight years later looking down on the lounge where he used to watch his telly.  :wacko:

5 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

Had a friend who loved Marmite so much he instructed his wife when he died to put some of his ashes in a large Marmite jar he kept for this purpose, and there it stands on the bookshelf to this day, eight years later looking down on the lounge where he used to watch his telly.  :wacko:

Has anyone accidentally tried him on toast? 

Despite being a Brit I'm afraid I do prefer Vegemite, must be too many years working with Cobbers ????

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

The only Ozzies I have seen drinking Fosters was in the movie with Barry Humphries about 50 years ago.

21 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

Don't care for the taste of Vegamite but will eat it at a pinch if Marmite is not available. I have always eaten Marmite since I was old enough to burn the toast I put it on.

Try plain burnt toast, has to taste better without the disgusting additional spreads! :laugh:

Archived