Attention all Aussies - vegemite

Lacessit

10 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

We Aussies will most probably survive the next iteration, thanks to our diet of Vegemite and the toughening up process applied to us by Brits a couple of centuries ago. Whereas you guys will most likely disappear under the mountain of flab built up by cold pork pies and denatured cabbage. I don't find that thought depressing at all.

Vegemite is worthy of inclusion in a time capsule, so people of the future will realise how lucky we were.

We won't mind, we wouldn't want to be on an Earth dominated by Aussies and Vegemite. Death is preferable. 

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Dude I have ridden all the Asian ponies I care to for a while, with the inflated prices in Bangkok, might as well rent those fine Uke models, cheaper here than even at an FKK

Fine Uke models? They're probably escapees from a gorilla enclosure. You forget you have posted a photo of yourself, so I can understand the mutual attraction.

Perhaps you could smear yourself with Vegemite, then have them lick it off. I'll leave it to your imagination as to where it should be applied.

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Thanks OP, got myself 200bhts worth from MeeChok.

ChaBaa orange juice also on special, but 2l get a smell 3 pack free.

The chaabaa 3pack is 1.45 at makro, but i had it before and have to say its very weak and tasteless makro own brand orange juice at 1.45 buy far outclasses rip off Tipco which changes from 1.75-1.95 daily.

Personally no brand ie better than makros own for Tangerine orange

11 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

The chaabaa 3pack is 1.45 at makro, but i had it before and have to say its very weak and tasteless makro own brand orange juice at 1.45 buy far outclasses rip off Tipco which changes from 1.75-1.95 daily.

Personally no brand ie better than makros own for Tangerine orange

You are forgiven for going so far off topic, because I like a broad church of ideas.

Vegemite ? , Marmite ?

Food of the devil I tell thee .

Bovril is the one and only nectar of the gods !!

Can’t eat Marmite/Vegemite !! but Bovril on toast [emoji39]

Incidentally, my Thai gf eats Vegemite on toast occasionally but I’ve always thought she had particularly bad taste [emoji51]

1 hour ago, eyecatcher said:

I bet orange juice goes great with vegemite?

Believe it or not, it does. I down my morning meds with orange juice after my Vegemite on toast. Yakult goes equally well.

No correspondence on the number and composition of my morning meds will be entered into.

Thats edible stuff at least. Cut the paste made from panty organisms with some real food.

Yes, Bovril is made from real prime beef hand reared on the Argentinian plains mixed with the tears of mermaids and gently fermented by blind Tibetan eunuchs over a period of 17 years.

Whereas, Marmite and Vegemite are compressed scrapings from the back of the toilet bowl of any public convenience.

7 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Yes, Bovril is made from real prime beef hand reared on the Argentinian plains mixed with the tears of mermaids and gently fermented by blind Tibetan eunuchs over a period of 17 years.

Whereas, Marmite and Vegemite are compressed scrapings from the back of the toilet bowl of any public convenience.

Vegemite is principally the yeast cells that nobly sacrificed their lives to make those quintessential Australian beers. It is worthy of respect for that alone. It then has Vitamins and Minerals added to give all Australians the chance to be strapping, healthy specimens glowing with fitness.

Which reminds me, one beer I did actually consume in the USA was Millers. I can normally consume half a bottle of Scotch without a hangover. One glass of Millers gave me a hangover that would fell an ox. Be warned, the USA is dealing with tourist aliens by poisoning them.

I will forgive your libellous comments, as they are made out of ignorance of the bond we Australians have with a national treasure. Get thee back to your stewed cabbage and suety melanges of cold pork, which only someone painted in woad could eat without gagging.

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

One think nobody has brought up about Rimping Vegimite,
Small bottle 99bht (150gm) on offer.

Large bottle 165bht (220gm)

So at normal prices the large bottle is 15bht more expensive then the small bottle. 

The offer was two small jars for 99 baht - buy one, get one free. 300 gm total for 99 baht.

Bovril is the stuff that comes in bottles. Some sadist designed the Bovril bottle so about 15% of the contents couldn't be removed easily. Being Brits with stiff upper lips and masochistic leanings, the Bovril bottle became a metaphor for living in the UK.

11 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Hear hear!

The offer was two small jars for 99 baht - buy one, get one free. 300 gm total for 99 baht.
Bovril is the stuff that comes in bottles. Some sadist designed the Bovril bottle so about 15% of the contents couldn't be removed easily. Being Brits with stiff upper lips and masochistic leanings, the Bovril bottle became a metaphor for living in the UK.

Bovril has been available in a plastic upside down squeezy bottle for some time now !
Ideal for travelling ( means I can bring more back from blighty ).

IMG_1362.JPG

59 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Bovril has been available in a plastic upside down squeezy bottle for some time now !
Ideal for travelling ( means I can bring more back from blighty ).

IMG_1362.JPG

Plastic? Are you aware plastics contain plasticizers, which leach into whatever they are enclosing? Rigid plastics don't need them. Flexible plastics do.

If you find your libido is disappearing, it's very probably related to the plasticizers you are ingesting along with your Bovril. Vegemite comes in sturdy glass jars.

Plastic? Are you aware plastics contain plasticizers, which leach into whatever they are enclosing? Rigid plastics don't need them. Flexible plastics do.
If you find your libido is disappearing, it's very probably related to the plasticizers you are ingesting along with your Bovril. Vegemite comes in sturdy glass jars.

That might explain the second nose starting to grow on my forehead !!

1 hour ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Maybe he thinks I have some Millwall tickets ??

Or maybe he recognises a fellow expat with exemplary taste in beef or yeast products ??

I can accept the first premise. The second is fantasy.

I understand soccer is a game where the ball is struck with the foot or the head. Perhaps you have both been using the second option to excess.

Here's a sight to gladden any Aussie heart. The tubes are for when I travel within Thailand, and I need something on the breakfast toast other than jam stuffed with sugar.
IMG20190225163354.thumb.jpg.a4b3309bb81f94842cd504d74591ce74.jpg

Have you tried Bovril ??

Seriously, I never liked Marmite and Vegemite wasn’t available in the Uk , to my knowledge, when I was a kid so Bovril it was !!
Have tried Marmite over the years and still don’t like it.
About 6 or 7 years ago I was working in Oz and bought some Vegemite to try , couldn’t eat it , found it too salty .

My parents and my kids all eat Bovril on toast , suppose if I was born, or brought up, in Oz it would have been different [emoji848]

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

A sad day for civilization and Thai Visa when a Yank starts toadying to a Brit. Running out of tea?

I'm a bright lantern of truth in the dark filthy run down garbage laden sour stench alley of life.....I can even find certain good qualities, albiet not many, in Germans and an occasional Frenchman.

1 hour ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Have you tried Bovril ??

Seriously, I never liked Marmite and Vegemite wasn’t available in the Uk , to my knowledge, when I was a kid so Bovril it was !!
Have tried Marmite over the years and still don’t like it.
About 6 or 7 years ago I was working in Oz and bought some Vegemite to try , couldn’t eat it , found it too salty .

My parents and my kids all eat Bovril on toast , suppose if I was born, or brought up, in Oz it would have been different emoji848.png

Very true. Americans cannot start breakfast without pouring a cup of coffee first.

Salt in Vegemite is there as a preservative. It's an acquired taste, and Thais of my acquaintance give me strange looks when they taste Vegemite for the first and probably only time. I need it to give my taste buds a pay attention, time to rise and shine.

I've tried Bovril; however, it seemed to me to be more of a soup adjunct than something one could put on toast.

10 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

I'm a bright lantern of truth in the dark filthy run down garbage laden sour stench alley of life.....I can even find certain good qualities, albiet not many, in Germans and an occasional Frenchman.

Keep on shining, and put in a good word for Aussies, OK? After all, we have made ourselves a nuclear target for you.

Archived