Freckle removal by lazer . How much ?

Denim

Vanity has recently crept up on me and I am considering lazer treatment to remove a single dark freckle on my face. It is not big , just a bit dark and I feel spoils the symmetry of an otherwise god like face.

With the onset of old age , the calls of ' hansum man ' trailing in my wake are diminishing and I feel the need to address the decline.

Has anybody had this treatment and what was the approximate cost ? 

( from this question you will deduce I am more stingy than vain )

This is done with a CO2 laser and should cost about 500 Baht in one of the cheaper shopping mall skin clinics or 1000+ at Apex or some other "higher end" clinic.

Wherever you go, they will also likely try to force you to buy some antibiotic cream, etc. as an add-on.

44 minutes ago, tyler28 said:

This is done with a CO2 laser and should cost about 500 Baht in one of the cheaper shopping mall skin clinics or 1000+ at Apex or some other "higher end" clinic.

Wherever you go, they will also likely try to force you to buy some antibiotic cream, etc. as an add-on.

Thanks , that's good info and within my budget .  

Considering it is just the one freckle, are the shopping mall clinics capable of doing the job properly without burning my head off ?

And the anti biotic cream ? Necessary or a waste of money ?

It is a simple procedure, and the shopping mall clinics should be fine.

If you are in Bangkok, I have used Metropolitan Clinic at Mercury Ville (BTS Chidlom), and the cost there was around 500 Baht (though maybe a year or two ago). The staff at this clinic don't speak much English, but the doctor on duty will.

If you want something a little more higher-end and western-friendly in the same area, Radiance Clinic at Maneeya Plaza (BTS Chidlom) is good, but the cost there will be higher.

Either place may try to upsell you some 200 Baht antibiotic. I think it is a waste, but I'm not sure if it is worth arguing over.

Really no need to make a special trip to either of these clinics, however, as any place with the right laser ought to be able to do this.

Make sure they do the Co2 laser and don't let them sell you on a course of IPL. The latter is more costly and needs multiple treatments so they like to boost it. They will tell you it avoids downtime, which is true, but a few days of a scab at one site is no big deal.

The skill of the doctor is important as they need to go just deep enough to get it off and no more than that to minimize/avoid scarring.

31 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Make sure they do the Co2 laser and don't let them sell you on a course of IPL. The latter is more costly and needs multiple treatments so they like to boost it. They will tell you it avoids downtime, which is true, but a few days of a scab at one site is no big deal.

The skill of the doctor is important as they need to go just deep enough to get it off and no more than that to minimize/avoid scarring.

Thank you Sheryl. Noted.

I am fair skinned and have other freckles that don't bother me. It's just this one that looks out of balance. If I look at pictures 3 years old it wasn't there but I am in the garden a lot and have picked up a few extras.

1 hour ago, tyler28 said:

It is a simple procedure, and the shopping mall clinics should be fine.

If you are in Bangkok, I have used Metropolitan Clinic at Mercury Ville (BTS Chidlom), and the cost there was around 500 Baht (though maybe a year or two ago). The staff at this clinic don't speak much English, but the doctor on duty will.

If you want something a little more higher-end and western-friendly in the same area, Radiance Clinic at Maneeya Plaza (BTS Chidlom) is good, but the cost there will be higher.

Either place may try to upsell you some 200 Baht antibiotic. I think it is a waste, but I'm not sure if it is worth arguing over.

Really no need to make a special trip to either of these clinics, however, as any place with the right laser ought to be able to do this.

Thanks for the reply and useful information. Will go for it next time I'm in Bangkok at the end of the month.

You mentioned older age so if taking any blood thinners be sure to mention that so they take that into consideration - CO2 laser spots can bleed as normally covered with clear plastic bandage which can fill with blood and drip.  I had a 90 day report after such a few years ago (but perhaps deeper as tested for cancer) and people were quite concerned with the amount of blood on my face (I did not realize it was leaking).  ????

Archived