Valsartan

dddave

Is Valsartan or some of it's close copies still available in Thailand?  I know there has been a worldwide re-call of several brands that were manufactured with Chinese compound that is potentially carcinogenic.  My US, VA issued supply has run out and they are not currently refilling prescriptions for it.

OP you must request an alternative medication. Some manufacturers' Losartan and  ibersartan have also been subject to recall by the US FDA. Note that the drugs were manufactured in India as well. The two contaminants identified are believed to be a result of the  manufacturing process itself rather than the intentional or negligent additional of the contaminant.  The contaminants may have been present all along but were picked up with the advent of new improved screening  methods.

Speak to your cardiologist as there is a list of alternative products that are being used. Unfortunately, the increased demand has caused some  shortages with them as well.

Thanks for the replies.  I was able to find Diovan (valsartan) 80 (120 available) B550/28 tab. at the pharmacy on suk.15, just before the Manhattan Hotel.  

Honestly, my last trip to the US in September I saw my primary care physician at my local VA Hosp.  I asked about the Valsartan recall and his response was: "What recall??"  Did nothing to enhance my confidence in him.

At 75, my concerns for the long term implications of carcinogenic compound exposure are far from the top of my anxiety list.

Archived