Claim 900 baht off your dental bill if you hold a Social Security card

charliechoc

I’m raising this thread to advise all esteemed teachers that if you hold a Social Security (S.S) card you can potentially claim 900 baht off your dental bill at selective private clinics in Thailand. The clinic has to be registered for this scheme at the S.S office in their respective location; and thus they would have passed the governments vetting criteria (in addition to requirements by the local government health office).

Basically the scheme was introduced a year or so ago in Thailand, but not all clinics are registered. A search of a clinics Facebook fan page is possibly your best research tool to ascertain if a private clinic is registered or not. For example, in my local city of Chanthaburi there is only one clinic that I’m aware of, Dr. Air Dental, that is currently registered on this scheme. I recently attended Dr. Air Dental clinic for a teeth scaling and check up. The bill came to 1000 baht and I subsequently only had to pay 100 baht cash to finalise the bill. They told me there is also another 1200 baht that can be claimed back for work on Dentures. But in this case eligible customers would have to pay the bill at the clinic and present documents at the S.S department to claim the 1200 baht back.

If searching on Facebook proves to be unsuccessful you could always ask your schools admin dept' to call the local S.S office to find out which clinics are registered on the scheme.

Cheers

Just now, tlandtday said:

nice tip but my guess is the select office will ask before you do the service then simply add the amount into the bill lol

Actually I doubt this would happen as the S.S office would be onto the clinic right away. Clinics are required by law to have a copy of their prices available for inspection by customers- at the reception area. Besides this you could always call ahead and ask the price range for the dental procedure that you require.

1 minute ago, charliechoc said:

Actually I doubt this would happen as the S.S office would be onto the clinic right away. Clinics are required by law to have a copy of their prices available for inspection by customers- at the reception area. Besides this you could always call ahead and ask the price range for the dental procedure that you require.

okay good luck let us know how you make out:)

I have recently had my teeth cleaned and was quoted 1k baht. Showed them the SS Card and they took 900 baht off my bill. Same shop, I later wanted root canal done and was told root canals were not covered but extractions were and it was "up to me". I paid.

Archived