Mains Voltage Fluctuations

Maverell

I have noticed that most mornings the mains voltage level supplied to my house in Rop Wiang fluctuates from 195  to 203. However today it has been fluctuating all day and still is. Is this prevalent across Mueang Chiang Rai ? Anyone know why?

Normally it goes up to 219-225 from about 12 noon onwards but today it hasn't.

My UPS's are going haywire 55555. I thought it might be a UPS but I have 3, they cant all go wrong at the same time surely.

We're down in BKK so obviously I can't comment on what's going on directly.

What sort of period are you seeing the fluctuations? 

Short (seconds) LV fluctuations are very often caused by local load variations. Is anyone building a house in the village, those welders can play havoc with your nice even supply.

Longer period changes (several minutes or hours) are more likely due to management of the HV system.

Not really a lot you can do unless the ups and downs are big enough to warrant getting an AVR (Automatic Voltage Regulator).

7 minutes ago, Crossy said:

We're down in BKK so obviously I can't comment on what's going on directly.

What sort of period are you seeing the fluctuations? 

Short (seconds) LV fluctuations are very often caused by local load variations. Is anyone building a house in the village, those welders can play havoc with your nice even supply.

Longer period changes (several minutes or hours) are more likely due to management of the HV system.

Not really a lot you can do unless the ups and downs are big enough to warrant getting an AVR (Automatic Voltage Regulator).

Ah, could be the spot welding. The swings are very short. They are building houses about 50m and 200m away and are putting in metal beams on the roofs. Thanks for that.

Archived