Would you rather live in Udon or Khon Kaen? Why?

Lemonlime

Live in Udon now...happy with location...1 hour from Laos...UD Town and Central Mall have all the variety of food, clothing, and services of larger city...traffic flows smoothly, many healthcare facilities to chose from, parks, swimming pools, gyms, inexpensive accommodations...slower pace, laid back atmosphere...what is not to like? 

36 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

Live in Udon now...happy with location...1 hour from Laos...UD Town and Central Mall have all the variety of food, clothing, and services of larger city...traffic flows smoothly, many healthcare facilities to chose from, parks, swimming pools, gyms, inexpensive accommodations...slower pace, laid back atmosphere...what is not to like? 

Smog?

14 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Never witnessed smog...farmers miles away burn fields...get mild smoke smell periodically...no breathing problems here to my knowledge...I have allergies to air pollution...so I would have been affected if present.

I’ll check out the AQI readings. I’m looking for a few options when next in Thailand, places that I can visit but avoid smog. I know Chiang Rai/Chiang Mai well but would avoid during smoke season.

On 2/25/2019 at 3:59 AM, Puchaiyank said:

Unless it's changed in the last couple of years, the food choice in Central did not include a good steak and burger joint, or a good Japanese option?  

11 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Unless it's changed in the last couple of years, the food choice in Central did not include a good steak and burger joint, or a good Japanese option?  

All those restaurants are available in multiples..."good" is subjective...

2 hours ago, Pilotman said:

or a good Japanese option

Not in Central Plaza, but in Udon Thani for Japanese food "Little Osaka" (a-la-carte at reasonable prices) and "Oshin" (a-la-carte buffet including sashimi, for when you are really hungry) are imho quite good.

The air pollution in Khon Kaen has been as bad or worse than Chiang mai so far this year.  In fact, Khon Kaen and surrounding areas such as Kalasin and Roi Et are where high levels of sugar cane and rice burning occur so you are going to get high PM 2.5 levels which of course, is not good.  The big question is how long the bad air persist and the only way to know that is to watch the PM 2.5 levels at the monitoring station.  Unfortunately, for other areas like Kalasin and Roi Et there is no data available.

We spent a we at Pullman KK 9 and 10 feb and both my 7 year young daughter and myself were such for 14 days with breathing problems.

even today KK AQI is still above 140, bad really.

still wondering when AQI will get bellow 100, not coming back until then.

Archived