What are the chances of Thai wife apologizing?

Pravda

My marriage is turning to crap lately.

She snaps easily and probably thinks she is the best wife on the planet.

I don't provoke, I don't fool around and I don't drink although I think she would respect me more if I did.

No financial arrangement in the marriage, so this is perhaps the problem although she will deny it. Just to be clear as it will most likely come up in the thread. Never paid for anything nor she ever asked me. Zilch. So, I am starting to think she is just sick of my presence.

Flame away.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some Thai ladies watch the Thai soap operas , get engrossed in that , where everyones screaming, shouting , throwing things and hitting each other and thoroughly enjoy it and when the TV programes finished , they want some live action .

Try to get her to watch soap operas continually 

Just now, Pravda said:

But, does she ever say I'm sorry?

So much abuse and never an apology. Just quiet.

She will never say sorry, mine never does even when caught with the in the candy jar.... Good luck, I gave up

Take a break.... you just may have simply outgrown each other.

If she is snapping at you and treating you poorly there has been a failure of respect...If there are no financial arrangements etc... then you have nothing to lose by taking a break apart and seeing how you get along. If nothing improves and there are no lasting commitments - financial or children etc then moving along could be beneficial to both of you....

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Some Thai ladies watch the Thai soap operas , get engrossed in that , where everyones screaming, shouting , throwing things and hitting each other and thoroughly enjoy it and when the TV programes finished , they want some live action .

Try to get her to watch soap operas continually 

Yeah.... I'm just curious if anyone ever received an honest apology. Like the ones you see in Thai dramas and romcoms. Or are these apologies only reserved for Thai men?

Just so f$&*%% immature. I tried being quiet and saying nothing like she does and she won. I couldn't last more than 2 days. I will be starting again tonight and let you know the results.

2 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Yeah.... I'm just curious if anyone ever received an honest apology. Like the ones you see in Thai dramas and romcoms. Or are these apologies only reserved for Thai men?

Just so f$&*%% immature. I tried being quiet and saying nothing like she does and she won. I couldn't last more than 2 days. I will be starting again tonight and let you know the results.

You sound as immature as her. Never sleep on an argument.

Did you ever ask her: what's wrong / is she unhappy / why she's unhappy?

1 minute ago, Pravda said:

Being quiet and not answering back, they don't like it, either way we are guilty, speaking or quiet at their eyes we still guilty .... I take the Moto and go for a fresh air drive

3 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

She will never say sorry, mine never does even when caught with the in the candy jar.... Good luck, I gave up

Of course she isnt going to say sorry , it was your fault for buying the candy in the first place , you didnt lock the candy in a cupboard and you didnt stop her from doing it

Its your fault that she took the candy and you should apologise 

But, does she ever say I'm sorry?

So much abuse and never an apology. Just quiet.

In 12 years not once a "I'm sorry".

After every psychotic breakdown of her, I wait it out.

3 days, and she is normal again.

It's happening right now again - on holiday in Madeira.

Oh, and by the way, we married when I was 57, and she 54.

And I never ever reminded her that she was bankrupt and living in a delapidated building, 3 families with 1 toilet / thai shower.

2 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Easy said than done, start to apologize and she will start a new argument, try make up sex but didn't work either, she goes to sleep at sister house

3 minutes ago, Spidey said:

You are assuming too much thinking I haven't tried talking to her before. I tried for years and it's always "nothing".

6 minutes ago, Pravda said:

My wife hasn't done that quite thing since before we left the UK in 2007. I let her overhear me telling a friend that I look forward to those quite days ... so peaceful ...????

24 minutes ago, Pravda said:

My marriage is turning to crap lately.

Go away for a week, if she's happy to see you when you come back, it's worth hanging on.

Never give precise details of where you've been or what you were doing.

If she's still complaining and snapping, time to move on.

(works for Labradors as well)

2 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

In 12 years not once a "I'm sorry".

After every psychotic breakdown of her, I wait it out.

3 days, and she is normal again.

It's happening right now again - on holiday in Madeira.

Oh, and by the way, we married when I was 57, and she 54.

And I never ever reminded her that she was bankrupt and living in a delapidated building, 3 families with 1 toilet / thai shower.

Ask for a cold bottle of vinho Verde, room service and share with her, it may work .....good luck

Just now, JAS21 said:

My wife hasn't done that quite thing since before we left the UK in 2007. I let her overhear me telling a friend that I look forward to those quite days ... so peaceful ...????

Fortunately for me she will p$$ off to work tomorrow and that's freedom for me. However, we still have to sleep in the same bed tonight and I just don't know how to react when she comes back after work avoiding eye contact.

Every single time I would give up and break the ice by making a joke, but honestly I am getting sick of it.

4 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Thais are never wrong so the answer of course is no apology ever. Have you tried asking whats wrong, maybe something happened at work or family problems, how old is she? could be the menopause.

Like so many Thais, she is the centre of the universe and wants it all, right now, just like every 5 year old child.

PS. I didn't mean to highjack the tread, just letting off steam.

18 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Yes. And  genuine. On occasion. And  visa versa. Shits  happens. We  get  over it. Life is.

Fortunately for me she will p$$ off to work tomorrow and that's freedom for me. However, we still have to sleep in the same bed tonight and I just don't know how to react when she comes back after work avoiding eye contact.

Every single time I would give up and break the ice by making a joke, but honestly I am getting sick of it.

Clearly it’s over! Work out your escape route

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

27 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

Easy said than done, start to apologize and she will start a new argument, try make up sex but didn't work either, she goes to sleep at sister house

Try locking her out or buggering off when she's gone.

Honestly, the stuff some of you guys put up with.

Putting up with 3 day tantrums etc.

No wonder they don't respect you.

7 minutes ago, wreckingcountry said:

Thais never admit they have done anything wrong even when they know they have done something wrong !

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

"Face" is an essential part of the degenerated form of Thai buddhism, and so are the "self destruct button" and "make merrit to the monks and get lucky".

Archived