What are the chances of Thai wife apologizing?

Pravda

4 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Never get into other people's relationships. The OP's problems are his own. You have only heard his side of the story.  Maybe it would be instructive to hear hers. 

Sharing is caring.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An inability to recognise that you've done wrong and to therefore apologise, are signs of emotional immaturity, or extreme narcissism. My wife occasionally says some bad things but does apologise, but she's probably a lot older than the girls you guys are shacking up with.

4 minutes ago, pr9spk said:

An inability to recognise that you've done wrong and to therefore apologise, are signs of emotional immaturity, or extreme narcissism. My wife occasionally says some bad things but does apologise, but she's probably a lot older than the girls you guys are shacking up with.

She's 38, I am 45

55 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Yeah.... I'm just curious if anyone ever received an honest apology. Like the ones you see in Thai dramas and romcoms. Or are these apologies only reserved for Thai men?

Just so f$&*%% immature. I tried being quiet and saying nothing like she does and she won. I couldn't last more than 2 days. I will be starting again tonight and let you know the results.

Tried asking her about why>> Perhaps open communication may assist??

16 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Never get into other people's relationships. The OP's problems are his own. You have only heard his side of the story.  Maybe it would be instructive to hear hers. 

Very true.

But don't hold your breath waiting for a Thai to talk about their feelings.

And to a farang?????? Get real.

that's why i dont marry. i'm just coming to the end of another relationship, started out all right but soon the jealousy and accusations started - i dont play around, and there's the drama for absolutely no reason - i have a suspicion some of it is instigated and encouraged by her 'friends' and work colleagues, but why i dont know. i try to explain that isn't it better to just be happy instead of creating problems where there are none? she dones't listen so is in the process of being dumped. no financial involvement as she, like all my gfs, has a decent job and doesn't want/need money.

i dated a lot back home and never had anything like the drama i have here. a lot of bad things are said about western women but for me they made for much healthier, enjoyable and satisfying relationships.

58 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Fortunately for me she will p$$ off to work tomorrow and that's freedom for me. However, we still have to sleep in the same bed tonight and I just don't know how to react when she comes back after work avoiding eye contact.

Every single time I would give up and break the ice by making a joke, but honestly I am getting sick of it.

She is 66 or 68?

Maybe she's really tired of working? 

6 minutes ago, samsensam said:

that's why i dont marry. i'm just coming to the end of another relationship, started out all right but soon the jealousy and accusations started - i dont play around, and there's the drama for absolutely no reason - i have a suspicion some of it is instigated and encouraged by her 'friends' and work colleagues, but why i dont know. i try to explain that isn't it better to just be happy instead of creating problems where there are none? she dones't listen so is in the process of being dumped. no financial involvement as she, like all my gfs, has a decent job and doesn't want/need money.

i dated a lot back home and never had anything like the drama i have here. a lot of bad things are said about western women but for me they made for much healthier, enjoyable and satisfying relationships.

Maintaining frame is an important part of being a man.

Never explain yourself or make excuses for your actions to a woman, never answer a 'why' with a serious answer.

When you surrender to ther questioning, it just leads to more questions, and makes yourself look weaker in their eyes.

Example

I'm going out ....... why do you go out so often ........ I like beer.

Ok. This  question has  been put in an open  forum so  any reply  is  valid in some sense or other. Problem is that rather than provide constructive  response is more  likely and has happened  provoke  some  general revelations  of discontent.

It  now occurs to my thoughts  that the OP is asking  about  not receiving  an apology. For  what? For blocking him  out?  Why is  she  blocking  him out?

Is  it  him that  has offended and  can not admit? Is it  some interference  from  another ? Extended  family causing pressures? New prospect ?

As respondents we are  not  informed  enough  to  answer in any genuinely useful way. 

It  is  saddening to me though that it  has to some degree revealed that there are  many who   are  dissatisfied but soley put the blame on the Thai partner.

Are farangs/expats such  paragons  of  virtue?

1 hour ago, oldhippy said:

In 12 years not once a "I'm sorry".

After every psychotic breakdown of her, I wait it out.

3 days, and she is normal again.

It's happening right now again - on holiday in Madeira.

Oh, and by the way, we married when I was 57, and she 54.

And I never ever reminded her that she was bankrupt and living in a delapidated building, 3 families with 1 toilet / thai shower.

Sorry not the OP but oldhippy

"Oh, and by the way, we married when I was 57, and she 54.

And I never ever reminded her that she was bankrupt and living in a delapidated building, 3 families with 1 toilet / thai shower."

And  so because  you "took her away from all That"  you expect eternal gratitude and unquestioning  loyalty and  obedience? A more  affluent  existence does  not  guarantee  a happier one.

1 hour ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Yes. And  genuine. On occasion. And  visa versa. Shits  happens. We  get  over it. Life is.

Same here, sometimes I'm an <deleted>, sometimes she is. Fortunately it's not too often and not at the same time. Agree with the earlier comment about not sleeping on an argument.

24 minutes ago, elliss said:

Your not giving  her  anything ,  really .  Why is she still with you ?. 

I smell a troll ...

I do not understand your comment about not giving her anything.

Then the troll comment.

Are you sure you are not smelling your own rotten nose bone?

12 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

"Oh, and by the way, we married when I was 57, and she 54.

And I never ever reminded her that she was bankrupt and living in a delapidated building, 3 families with 1 toilet / thai shower."

And  so because  you "took her away from all That"  you expect eternal gratitude and unquestioning  loyalty and  obedience? A more  affluent  existence does  not  guarantee  a happier one.

Gratitude? Obedience?

No psychotic fits would be a nice start.

Or at least apologies afterwards.

7 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

Gratitude? Obedience?

No psychotic fits would be a nice start.

Or at least apologies afterwards.

lol. Psychotic? And  you  have  survived  many such?  Or  hysterical? Not an unusual  female response to underlying frustrations. Yet  you apparently  keep   "takin  er  along". Got  to be  something in it for  yourself.  ????

2 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

lol. Psychotic? And  you  have  survived  many such?  Or  hysterical? Not an unusual  female response to underlying frustrations. Yet  you apparently  keep   "takin  er  along". Got  to be  something in it for  yourself.  ????

At my age and being married to her I can't be too choosy.

40 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

I'd rather be miserable in air-conditioned luxury with a 60" TV, than miserable in a corrugated iron hut with bed bugs.

Ok. This  question has  been put in an open  forum so  any reply  is  valid in some sense or other. Problem is that rather than provide constructive  response is more  likely and has happened  provoke  some  general revelations  of discontent.
It  now occurs to my thoughts  that the OP is asking  about  not receiving  an apology. For  what? For blocking him  out?  Why is  she  blocking  him out?
Is  it  him that  has offended and  can not admit? Is it  some interference  from  another ? Extended  family causing pressures? New prospect ?
As respondents we are  not  informed  enough  to  answer in any genuinely useful way. 
It  is  saddening to me though that it  has to some degree revealed that there are  many who   are  dissatisfied but soley put the blame on the Thai partner.
Are farangs/expats such  paragons  of  virtue?

Completely wrong analysis and conclusion ! All your guess work ! Many ..and I mean a lot of us understand exactly what the OP and others who have followed up are saying .. and how...? We’ve had the same experience !

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived