BANGKOK
webfact

Cannabis amnesty this week

I wonder if farmers can grow hemp for paper products, clothing and such. Easily renewable and saves the forests.

1 hour ago, Jimdandy said:

Cannabis Amnesty! Give me a break!!! The air quality is so bad that stores in BKK like Big C sold out of masks and you talk about smoking reefer!!!!??? Where are your priorities?

The story says smoking pot still banned. It's to be used in pill or oil form. The priorities are in releaving pain and improving health of cancer patients and those with other conditions.

• Like 1

Sometimes it is hard to tell who is stoned, and who is just plain stupid, here...

Same same.

The medicinal benefit use is still a way off.

The recreational use. 

Business as usual. 

Same same.

• Like 1

The first such training course, for about two days, could be held next month, department director-general Somsak Akksilp said yesterday.

Day one.. how to roll a tight joint.

Day two... sample day ones efforts. 

2 hours ago, seancbk said:

I'm 100% for legalising drugs, but if you think legalising cannabis will make people stop using Yaba or Ice then you don't understand drugs very well.

They are different drugs that people use for different things.  I used to love taking coke and would never have smoked weed as an alternative.

I think your wrong because coke,weed,xtc and more drugs like that are recreational drugs where yaba and ice and crack are junkie drugs even coke is a little when missused . People who use yaba crack ice and missuse coke and alcohol are likely to get agressive where to people using xtc weed or other recreational drugs like that never cause any problems 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dinsdale said:

LEGALISE IT. Simple. Do this and yaba, ice etc. useage will dwindle. Drug related deaths will dwindle. Drug related crime will dwindle etc. Simple.:stoner:

Legalise it yes>> not sure there are any peer reviewed studies showing a link between legalisation of cannabis and a drop in ice use or other illicit substances

•  
  • Jimdandy
  • Members
  • 444 posts
Cannabis

I cannot see any benefit  to handing youself in

Either  throw your  stuff away or carry on hiding 

Maybe amnesty  for people currently  charged  with weed offenses would be better

Whats the benefit of handing  yourself in 

If either  your  going  to carry on smoking  and growing or if not then you can burn your  stuff 

I dont  get it

2 hours ago, Mac98 said:

The story says smoking pot still banned. It's to be used in pill or oil form. The priorities are in releaving pain and improving health of cancer patients and those with other conditions.

Has also been used successfully in countries like Israel to treat Asperger's behaviours and Parkinson's symptoms as well as in some mental health conditions as has MDMA for PTSD etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dallen52 said:

Sometimes it is hard to tell who is stoned, and who is just plain stupid, here...

Same same.

The recreational use. 

Business as usual. 

Same same.

Plenty of good longer term studies about the medical use of cannabis, especially in cancer, parkinsons, epilepsy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mac98 said:

Very true, however, if you cannot breathe healthy air it's all for not. I am all for holistic healing. It just seems the bigger issue of air quality is far more important than legalization at this point.  The air quality issue is far more important.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jim7777 said:

So when will hospitals and I believe it said pharmacies as well actually begin selling it for medical purposes?  I heard that it would be April 1st but I don’t know there’s always so much misinformation out there about relevant issues.  Will the small clinics be allowed to prescribe it?  What about the pharmacies.  Or will medical marijuana be treated as a highly controlled substance like morphine and other real narcotics?  

I know it’s pretty easy to get diazepam and other benzodiazepine medications at almost any small medical clinic and the right strains of medical marijuana might make a really good and safer alternative to diazepam and other benzodiazepines and possibly for pain as well as long as it’s the right kind of marijuana.  If it’s the wrong strain of marijuana it could potentially make your medical problem worse.  

David Crosby (Of Crosby, Stills & Nash) was onced asked if he had a drug problem in the 60's. He replied "The only problem I had was getting enough!" But he also added that the "dope" that he used to smoke in the 60's was much weaker than the artificially grown/enhanced "skunk" available today. He said that he tried it once, and never again - he said it was like smoking LSD!

3 hours ago, dallen52 said:

Same same.

The recreational use. 

Business as usual. 

Same same.

They are defiantly not stoned. :jap:

6 hours ago, Jim7777 said:

So when will hospitals and I believe it said pharmacies as well actually begin selling it for medical purposes?  I heard that it would be April 1st 

You can’t start selling weed on April Fools Day!