RTP chief: Help us find the armed robbers who held up Brinks money van

webfact

RTP chief: Help us find the armed robbers who held up Brinks money van

1pm.jpg

National police chief Chakthip "Big Peh" Chaijinda has issued an appeal to the public for information after two armed men on a motorbike held up a money van in Bangkok.

The robbers - on a black PCX - fired one shot in the air as a Brinks company van collected 7 million baht from the SCB bank at Big C Extra on Petchkasem Road in Nong Khaem police district on Saturday evening. 

The two Brinks staff men fled as another man handling a sack of money handed it over to the robbers who made their getaway without further shots being fired. 

Police spokesman Pol Col Krisana Patanacharoen said Sunday that forensics and a police team had been scouring the area for clues.

Daily News said in an earlier report that the robbers stole 7.72 million baht. 

The spokesman said General Chakthip asked the public for help by calling the RTP on 1599 or local police on 02 581 0020 with information. 

Sources: Daily News | Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-02-25

2 hours ago, stud858 said:

I'm not sure why this isn't happening more often. Lax security everywhere.

I'm no security expert though, so I could be wrong.

A security expert you most certainly are not !

If someone walks up, sticks a gun in your ear & say's hand over the money... what would you do?

The monies insured, you're NOT !!!

9 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

A security expert you most certainly are not !

If someone walks up, sticks a gun in your ear & say's hand over the money... what would you do?

The monies insured, you're NOT !!!

I would with lightning speed grab his gun, shoot the other robbers and safe the day.. oh and then I wake up from my dream.

Of course you give the money like you said its insured, no need to be a hero. 

7 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Ah! Reminds me of my forensic days and the Brinks-Mat raid at London Heathrow Airport in the UK back in 1983.

Gold bullion, cash and diamonds were stolen valued at 23 million pounds - a record at the time.

Did they get away?  Most likely not as they all or very nearly all get caught.  Don't they !!!

7 minutes ago, alation said:

Did they get away?  Most likely not as they all or very nearly all get caught.  Don't they !!!

All the team of robbers were arrested and convicted. The most notorious was Kenneth Noye, an expert in smelting gold bullion. He killed an under-cover policeman hiding in his garden but was cleared because he thought the man was an intruder. Later in life, and after being released, Noye killed a motorist in a road rage incident and was subsequently sentenced to life imprisonment.

Security van, 55555, they would not last 5 minutes in the West,

all you would need is a giant tin opener.guards not armed,very

surprised they are not knocked off more often.

The 2 guards fled,who can blame them,they wages they are on,

just let them take it.

regards worgeordie

1 hour ago, Burma Bill said:

Ah! Reminds me of my forensic days and the Brinks-Mat raid at London Heathrow Airport in the UK back in 1983.

Gold bullion, cash and diamonds were stolen valued at 23 million pounds - a record at the time.

Most of it never recovered I believe? 

6 hours ago, stud858 said:

I'm not sure why this isn't happening more often. Lax security everywhere.

I'm no security expert though, so I could be wrong.

I have often wonder why Russian or east European mafia not do this kind of robbery here in Thailand because it seems this money van's don't have security 

is it because money are insured??? 

Archived