Toddler pictured with drunk Pattaya mother tugs at Thai heartstrings

webfact

Toddler pictured with drunk Pattaya mother tugs at Thai heartstrings

4pm1.jpg

Picture: Pattaya City Facebook

A picture of a toddler with her drunk mother caused widespread comment on social media. 

The child was pictured with the mother in Jomtien outside a mini-mart. The mother was passed out drunk in front of the store. 

Tessakit officers took the woman and her child in and when she had sobered up later took her home. 

But the post on their Facebook page sent a storm of adverse comment towards the mother. 

Some offered to adopt the child while others wondered why people who can't look after children properly have them in the first place. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-02-25

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, webfact said:

Some offered to adopt the child while others wondered why people who can't look after children properly have them in the first place. 

Possibly because those parents didn't look after them properly too! How well are young females taught in schools about contraceptive and the damage to their future a very young pregnancy can cause. 

In rural ares you get a sense of male children being the focus. 

42 minutes ago, webfact said:

while others wondered why people who can't look after children properly have them in the first place.

Absolutely terrible situation, but before we all get on our high horses, it's worth remembering that most western countries, well mine does at least, has this exact same problem of the "breeders" who spit out kids they can neither afford nor look after. With New Zealand's welfare state, it's almost a career move to have lots of kids for some...

46 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

How well are young females taught in schools about contraceptive and the damage to their future a very young pregnancy can cause. 

Of course nothing. Old men governing the country look at this as devils work.

And if she gets pregnant the irresponsible young males run faster than cockroaches when the light goes on.

27 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Very sad,you really have to feel for the little kid,

not knowing what's going on,breaks your heart.

regards Worgeordie

Worgeordie, this could be your calling. Your chance to start raising a Thai kid. Just imagine the joy of a little rug rat waking you up before the sun comes up. "I'm hungy Daddy".

Joking aside. Yes, very sad. I wonder what future this child will have.

Hope Mother gets help and moves on to be a better parent.

What, no totally outraged Thai Netizens screaming for something for to be done............No, did not think so.

Unfortunately, it is a common occurence in our village. One little girl comes through our gate fairly regularly, says her mum is "asleep" again. Mother in law washes her and her dress. She gives her some rice and fish, and then she just sleeps in the wind house. I ask the wife why it is not reported, and she said the village takes care of its own.......

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

Unfortunately, you can see this in every country in the world, to a greater or lesser extent. Common in the UK.

Teenage mother, no father.

common in the uk?

COMMON?  

I have NEVER seen this in the UK.

If this happened the police would come and the child would be put into care.

31 minutes ago, neeray said:

Worgeordie, this could be your calling. Your chance to start raising a Thai kid. Just imagine the joy of a little rug rat waking you up before the sun comes up. "I'm hungy Daddy".

I'm doing just that. The most rewarding thing I've ever done in my life. He's now 6 and gives my sackfulls of joy every day.

2 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

common in the uk?

COMMON?  

I have NEVER seen this in the UK.

If this happened the police would come and the child would be put into care.

You must have led a very sheltered life in the UK.

"If this happened the police would come and the child would be put into care."

Isn't this what happened in the OP?

57 minutes ago, neeray said:

I am too old now,raised 4 of my own who surprisingly turned out 

to be very good adults.the cat is enough for me now.

regards worgeordie

2 hours ago, neeray said:

And what did the officers do specific to the ongoing welfare and care of the toddler? 

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Some offered to adopt the child while others wondered why people who can't look after children properly have them in the first place

that is Thailand as super dubble moral 

over 60% of their children is raised by their grandma or has as this little child 

Thai people care more about themselves than their children 

2 hours ago, Spidey said:

You must have led a very sheltered life in the UK.

"If this happened the police would come and the child would be put into care."

Isn't this what happened in the OP?

" Tessakit officers took the woman and her child in and when she had sobered up later took her home"

No, it's not.

There is no mention of the child being put into care and a tessakit officer isn't a policeman, they're a city worker that enforces city regulations.

1 hour ago, SammyT said:

Spot on. Some people on here go so far out of their way to put the boot into Thais, that they conveniently forget that their country has many of the same problems. Probably the only difference in this case between Thailand and the west is that in the west, social welfare would have take the kid at birth. The mum would still be passed out in the street. 

I do want to know about this Nirvana that Wallander comes from though. 

I agree with Spidey I know a girl mid twenties she has 6 kids from 6 different fathers the first one when she was 14 I think but hey the taxpayers pay for all that

19 minutes ago, Henrik Andersen said:

over 60% of their children is raised by their grandma or has as this little child 

Any stats to back that up? Or is it just classic anti-Thai rhetoric because you're still mad that some bar girl took all your money? 

The career of choice to a lot of young teenage girls in the UK. Comes with a free house, free furniture, free payments to buy more alcohol and drugs. If you are really lucky you get to go on the Jeremy Kyle show. 

I am sure that if the Thai girl passed out was given the above benefits things might have turned out differently for her.  

2 hours ago, SammyT said:

Spot on. Some people on here go so far out of their way to put the boot into Thais, that they conveniently forget that their country has many of the same problems. Probably the only difference in this case between Thailand and the west is that in the west, social welfare would have take the kid at birth. The mum would still be passed out in the street. 

I do want to know about this Nirvana that Wallander comes from though. 

I've been hanging around Thailand 16 yrs now and I've never seen a young drunk mother passed out with her kid standing over her. Public drunkenness seems to me to be predominately a male sport here though I admit I don't go to bars. But knowing the extent how alcohol is being abused uncontrollably in the west I too find it amusing that foreigners would throw rocks in that glass house.   

26 minutes ago, Henrik Andersen said:

wouldn't have anything to do with having to work 12 plus hrs a day for peanuts to put food on the table and a roof over their heads? 

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Of course nothing. Old men governing the country look at this as devils work.

And if she gets pregnant the irresponsible young males run faster than cockroaches when the light goes on.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Everything is men's fault. Women have no agency. 

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Tessakit officers took the woman and her child in and when she had sobered up later took her home. 

Which means she'll no doubt be back on the streets (or her back) later that day to get the money to feed her baby, and her drinking habit..

No family support & no social support, she's not the only young mother in this situation !

And it won't get better unless the "Commander in charge" gets evicted soon as he doesn't give a rats arse about the minions who make up the lower ranks !!

This could have been my mom. She was a pill-popping alcoholic waste product. I didn't even send flowers or call when she croaked.

Very few memories of celebrated events that weren't ruined by dear old mom. I once begged my father to divorce her but he wouldn't. He said his strict Catholic upbringing would only mean he'd be wracked with guilt when she'd blown her 1/2 from the divorce and was a bum in the gutter.

That picture has affected me on so many levels. Damnnnn....I wish I'd never seen it.

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Possibly because those parents didn't look after them properly too! How well are young females taught in schools about contraceptive and the damage to their future a very young pregnancy can cause. 

In rural ares you get a sense of male children being the focus. 

Girls often don't have a say in whether they get pregnant or not.  Sometimes out of ignorance but often because of the way they are treated by the men around them.  Then the man responsible will simply abandon the girl.  Thailand has a lot to answer for when it comes to the way it treats the vulnerable. 

Archived