Toddler pictured with drunk Pattaya mother tugs at Thai heartstrings

webfact

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Nope.. that’s not Thai apologist... He [Spidey] is apologising for nothing. He’s merely commenting that this awful situation does not solely occur in Thailand. 

It’s heartbreaking to see the child in this situation and the mother is in despareate need of the kind of assistance a mother would get in our home country’s... its easy to judge but both mother and child are in desperate need of assistance. 

No Thai apology - just recognition that this awful situation is a human issue not soley a Thai issue. 

It's also an issue of low IQ and a lack of responsibility, living in hopelessness, money and possessions are king and if you don't have them, well there are always drugs and alcohol. It is the temples job to instil some sense of spirituality but like religion everywhere they are failing in their duty, can't compete with a smart phone.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a load of tosh you lot make up and put on here, talk about no bait required on the hook. With absolutely no evidence to suggest that this woman is a single mother, off you all go firing from the hips, in fact the Facebook reports suggest the opposite, that she has a husband and as for those of you that think it is a common occurrence to see passed out women with a child next to them in UK, then please feel free to post a photo, go get a brain cell to at least share.

3 hours ago, Spidey said:

I'm doing just that. The most rewarding thing I've ever done in my life. He's now 6 and gives my sackfulls of joy every day.

A real man.

Someone who knows how to put his money where his mouth is.

Good on you.

13 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Girls often don't have a say in whether they get pregnant or not.  Sometimes out of ignorance but often because of the way they are treated by the men around them.  Then the man responsible will simply abandon the girl.  Thailand has a lot to answer for when it comes to the way it treats the vulnerable. 

That isn't always true but depends on where you live. A man whose young wife died due to an accident in my village, He is 22, has turned down offers of marriage from several good looking women because as he said, nobody could love my two children the way I do so I will look after them alone.

The old traditions of family and loyalty are dying throughout the world. Today, whether the UK, France,USA, China, it is me,me,me, my life and sod the next. It is a wonder to me why people even bother to get married and have children. Buy a dog at Christmas and kick it out by Easter.

4 hours ago, Spidey said:

You must have led a very sheltered life in the UK.

"If this happened the police would come and the child would be put into care."

Isn't this what happened in the OP?

Well, actually - neither have I, (ever seen that in the UK) and I don't think I've led a sheltered life.

And no. That is not what is to be gleaned from the photo. The plod is just standing there.doing nothing!

1 minute ago, Burma Bill said:

Quote:  "others wondered why people who can't look after children properly have them in the first place"

Possibly because they were drunk!!

Reminds me how Al Bundy answered a child's question of "How are children made"

"Two teenagers and a six pack"

1 hour ago, Snow Leopard said:

The career of choice to a lot of young teenage girls in the UK. Comes with a free house, free furniture, free payments to buy more alcohol and drugs. If you are really lucky you get to go on the Jeremy Kyle show. 

I am sure that if the Thai girl passed out was given the above benefits things might have turned out differently for her.  

Probably would have passed out in a bed instead of outside a convinience store.

27 minutes ago, Megasin1 said:

What a load of tosh you lot make up and put on here, talk about no bait required on the hook. With absolutely no evidence to suggest that this woman is a single mother, off you all go firing from the hips, in fact the Facebook reports suggest the opposite, that she has a husband and as for those of you that think it is a common occurrence to see passed out women with a child next to them in UK, then please feel free to post a photo, go get a brain cell to at least share.

Good to see you made exactly zero effort to read or comprehend the comments. Most comments are suggesting that women having children they can't support or aren't capable of supporting is common in the UK. And it is, as it is with many western countries.  

Perhaps you should go find the brain cell? Or even just some glasses so you can actually make a valid contribution to this thread?

1 hour ago, SammyT said:

Any stats to back that up? Or is it just classic anti-Thai rhetoric because you're still mad that some bar girl took all your money? 

Yes there was a study report from some university in Thailand some years ago and if I remember correctly it was 68 % children there live with grand parents 

Because mom and dad needs to work 

But if you want more info about this I am sure you can find it online 

And I am Not anti Thai I am married to a Thai lady long time and have meny nice thai friends 

But this issue can't be fixed if Thailand not accept abortion 

To meny young Thai people get baby before the have a good job and a place to live 

1 hour ago, from the home of CC said:

wouldn't have anything to do with having to work 12 plus hrs a day for peanuts to put food on the table and a roof over their heads? 

Yes that is one of the problem but they get children to early before they have a good job and a place to live meny get baby when turn 18 to young for taking care 

1 hour ago, Cereal said:

This could have been my mom. She was a pill-popping alcoholic waste product. I didn't even send flowers or call when she croaked.

Very few memories of celebrated events that weren't ruined by dear old mom. I once begged my father to divorce her but he wouldn't. He said his strict Catholic upbringing would only mean he'd be wracked with guilt when she'd blown her 1/2 from the divorce and was a bum in the gutter.

That picture has affected me on so many levels. Damnnnn....I wish I'd never seen it.

Feel for you. Many families in USA know someone addicted to pain pills and booze. I had a close relative that was. Most of us were angry at her and her self destructive decisions and actions disrupting the family. 

But luckily with help I learned to forgive her and have empathy for her and that was the best gift I ever gave myself. The anger turned into peace. I do not mean to tell you what to do as you were a kid needing a mom and were severely hurt so none of that hurt was your fault and you owe her nothing. But you owe yourself a way to find peace and relief and I hope you find it as you and your whole family deserve that. Take care. 

5 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

common in the uk?

COMMON?  

I have NEVER seen this in the UK.

If this happened the police would come and the child would be put into care.

And that would somehow be better than the village handling it? Put the kid in care to be abused ala Rochester?

7 hours ago, Spidey said:

Unfortunately, you can see this in every country in the world, to a greater or lesser extent. Common in the UK.

Teenage mother, no father.

I agree.  We have similar issues of poor excuses for parents in US.  This photo sticks out as equally bad, maybe worse because here you have both parents passed out.  So sad for the kids...  Yes, Child Protective Services were called by the cops on the scene.  This is heroin overdose I believe.  Not common here in US, but once is too many times!

Unknown.jpeg.457a19e06a6b52ba9633ce0009b21b9a.jpeg

1 hour ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Yes there was a study report from some university in Thailand some years ago and if I remember correctly it was 68 % children there live with grand parents 

Because mom and dad needs to work 

But if you want more info about this I am sure you can find it online 

And I am Not anti Thai I am married to a Thai lady long time and have meny nice thai friends 

But this issue can't be fixed if Thailand not accept abortion 

To meny young Thai people get baby before the have a good job and a place to live 

Normally when you bring up outrageously high statistics quoting an unnamed university source from some years ago, the onus is on you to give the claim credibility.

1 hour ago, Vacuum said:

One day he'll be 16...

5 hours ago, Spidey said:

I'm doing just that. The most rewarding thing I've ever done in my life. He's now 6 and gives my sackfulls of joy every day.

Well Vacuum

My Thai son will be 15 this year and like Spidey says, he gives me loads of joy and no troubles.

What do YOU suggest I do about it?

Beat him every day, put lao kao in the milk that he drinks, force feed him alcohol every day, get him smoking, let him skip school, what?

His Mum and I and his friends are nothing like the poor lady in the OP, and that is the way we like it.

46 minutes ago, JMSIII said:

I agree.  We have similar issues of poor excuses for parents in US.  This photo sticks out as equally bad, maybe worse because here you have both parents passed out.  So sad for the kids...  Yes, Child Protective Services were called by the cops on the scene.  This is heroin overdose I believe.  Not common here in US, but once is too many times!

Unknown.jpeg.457a19e06a6b52ba9633ce0009b21b9a.jpeg

Seems the lady will be fined for not wearing her seatbelt clearly  the male is the more responsible parent.

4 minutes ago, billd766 said:

5 hours ago, Spidey said:

Well Vacuum

My Thai son will be 15 this year and like Spidey says, he gives me loads of joy and no troubles.

What do YOU suggest I do about it?

Beat him every day, put lao kao in the milk that he drinks, force feed him alcohol every day, get him smoking, let him skip school, what?

His Mum and I and his friends are nothing like the poor lady in the OP, and that is the way we like it.

I bring my son up in the same way as I brought my 2 children up in the UK. They turned out well so I don't see why it should be any different with my Thai son. He was a nightmare when he came to us but had suffered severe neglect and mild sexual abuse.

Within 3 months he was well on the way to recovery. Used Western techniques of parenting. No corporal punishment, rewarding and praising good behaviour over shouting at and punishing bad behaviour. And of course, lots of love and affection. Due to his history, it took a year before he would let me touch him. Now he insists on a kiss and cuddle before school. I would now say that he's better behaved than my 2 British children were at that age. They say, "Give me the boy at 7 and I'll give you the man", if that's true, he has a bright future.

My 2 children, in the UK suffered the usual teenage angst and I expect him to be no different, with my guidance, they soon grew out of it, as I'm sure he will.

6 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

common in the uk?

COMMON?  

I have NEVER seen this in the UK.

If this happened the police would come and the child would be put into care.

Open your eyes man!!! Just google and thousands of results will inform you!!!

https://www.google.com/search?newwindow=1&q=uk+neglected+children%2C+drunk+mother

8 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Possibly because those parents didn't look after them properly too! How well are young females taught in schools about contraceptive and the damage to their future a very young pregnancy can cause. 

In rural ares you get a sense of male children being the focus. 

Maybe the farther  left them alone 

4 minutes ago, balo said:

Normally the relatives will look after the kid if the mother is drunk like this, unlike in the western world.

So where were the big extended family? 

The relatives look after them because in reality the mother dosnt care and is too busy enjoying herself...yes will send a few K back but that isnt parenting by a long chalk

2 hours ago, Wake Up said:

Feel for you. Many families in USA know someone addicted to pain pills and booze. I had a close relative that was. Most of us were angry at her and her self destructive decisions and actions disrupting the family. 

But luckily with help I learned to forgive her and have empathy for her and that was the best gift I ever gave myself. The anger turned into peace. I do not mean to tell you what to do as you were a kid needing a mom and were severely hurt so none of that hurt was your fault and you owe her nothing. But you owe yourself a way to find peace and relief and I hope you find it as you and your whole family deserve that. Take care. 

So true 

Archived