Toddler pictured with drunk Pattaya mother tugs at Thai heartstrings

webfact

9 hours ago, SammyT said:

Absolutely terrible situation, but before we all get on our high horses, it's worth remembering that most western countries, well mine does at least, has this exact same problem of the "breeders" who spit out kids they can neither afford nor look after. With New Zealand's welfare state, it's almost a career move to have lots of kids for some...

Sounds like the US

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Spidey said:

Unfortunately, you can see this in every country in the world, to a greater or lesser extent. Common in the UK.

Teenage mother, no father.

I've never seen this in the UK where I come from, must've started in the 12 years that I've been living in Thailand.

There's only one thing worst than a person neglecting a kid like this, it's the apologists who try to excuse it. Especially by comparing it to things which they claim happen in other countries as though that makes it ok.

3 minutes ago, jesimps said:

I've never seen this in the UK where I come from, must've started in the 12 years that I've been living in Thailand.

There's only one thing worst than a person neglecting a kid like this, it's the apologists who try to excuse it. Especially by comparing it to things which they claim happen in other countries as though that makes it ok.

..pull at your heartstrings...???

...are you kidding me...???

...is that a normal reaction one should have for such a drunken trollop...???

...or does she have... 'a good explanation'....to excuse it away...???

...I know of several instances where 'farangs' have 'married' women...who...have the same practices as this one...

...those women have either dumped/abandoned the children....end result about the same...

...and the clincher....???

...they have deprived the fathers of any rights....with the courts apparently 'upholding such actions'...

...good luck to the child...and countless others in similar situations...

...and good luck to all those estranged fathers trying to gain access or custody of their children...

”Some offered to adopt the child while others wondered why people who can't look after children properly have them in the first place. "

Is bringing your child on a motorbike without a helmet any safer?.....by this  standard ...a lot of parents in Thailand should never have had children.

11 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Of course nothing. Old men governing the country look at this as devils work.

And if she gets pregnant the irresponsible young males run faster than cockroaches when the light goes on.

I've seen a lot of irresponsible Westerners who were not young; same result, ran when they found out the girl was pregnant.

12 hours ago, worgeordie said:

I am too old now,raised 4 of my own who surprisingly turned out 

to be very good adults.the cat is enough for me now.

regards worgeordie

You are never too old. I took a 3 mth old unwanted baby girl under my wing, she is nearly 4 yrs old now, and absolutely adorable, possibly the most rewarding thing i have done in my life, and i am an active 83 yrs old.

12 hours ago, balo said:

Normally the relatives will look after the kid if the mother is drunk like this, unlike in the western world.

So where were the big extended family? 

That is incorrect, grandparents very often take on the children in the Western world. In a place like Pattaya, the 'girls' don't usually bring their children with them. The extended family is far removed. 

22 hours ago, SammyT said:

Absolutely terrible situation, but before we all get on our high horses, it's worth remembering that most western countries, well mine does at least, has this exact same problem of the "breeders" who spit out kids they can neither afford nor look after. With New Zealand's welfare state, it's almost a career move to have lots of kids for some...

youre dead right there.. nz pays them to have babies, the handouts continue for many yrs....

its sooo disgraceful...

this is not new in Thailand or anywhere else most of the older women where I live had a kid at age 17 no male help with child and a few of those kids now have kids at 17 no male help, what is interesting it is against the law to have sex with a girl under 18 years of age. 

the first thing I thought when I saw the photo poor couple the woman one step away from suicide baby about to be alone

On 2/25/2019 at 1:36 PM, SammyT said:

It's much the same in Oz, where year 9's are shown how to get on the dole and females are told about the benefits of "supporting mother's benefit"!!

20 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Yes that is one of the problem but they get children to early before they have a good job and a place to live meny get baby when turn 18 to young for taking care 

Even in the west, where a decent education including life skills is available, this problem is rampant. If you consider the state of education and counseling in Thailand it's easy to see how these young women make the wrong choices  

19 hours ago, billd766 said:

5 hours ago, Spidey said:

I'm doing just that. The most rewarding thing I've ever done in my life. He's now 6 and gives my sackfulls of joy every day.

Well Vacuum

My Thai son will be 15 this year and like Spidey says, he gives me loads of joy and no troubles.

What do YOU suggest I do about it?

Beat him every day, put lao kao in the milk that he drinks, force feed him alcohol every day, get him smoking, let him skip school, what?

His Mum and I and his friends are nothing like the poor lady in the OP, and that is the way we like it.

There's nothing you have to do, as you obviously succeeded very well with the upbringing of your child and I'm sure Spidey will to.

What I meant was that they can be a handfull when they turn teenagers.

8 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

There's nothing you have to do, as you obviously succeeded very well with the upbringing of your child and I'm sure Spidey will to.

What I meant was that they can be a handfull when they turn teenagers.

My first son in the UK wasn't that much of a problem even though I worked offshore from when he was 12 onwards.

He will be 41 in April and started his working life in the parts department of the local Vauxhall dealer. He went on from there to be a car salesman and is now the regional manager for Mercedes Benz leasing for Surrey, Sussex, Kent and Hampshire.

• 4 months later...
On 2/25/2019 at 9:36 AM, SammyT said:

Same as the US

Archived