Two people pictured having a beer on top of Chiang Mai's historic wall

webfact

And this of course is much more important than ''Calling on the Authorities to act '' to prevent the burning which leads to choking smog, or getting the idle Police to do their job enforcing road laws, or stopping people dumping all their garbage in Klongs or by the sides of country roads etc etc, all far more important than two twits sitting on a wall drinking beer !

1 hour ago, White Christmas13 said:

you talking crap did those 2 idiots who spray painted that wall got 5 years?

They were threaten with it when they were caught, read it again i said "COULD"

but maybe reading not your strong point.

regards worgeordie

On 2/25/2019 at 10:01 AM, Happy Grumpy said:

built in 1985. 

Small box who cares when, but what it represents.

I guess you would OK with 2 Foreigners having a beer sitting on the Vietnam wall?  Or the 911 memorial?

It is about respecting what it represents which is hugely lacking in the world today.

That the wall was rebuilt in 1985 is being repeated over and over again . It's not the issue here. 

It's a holy wall for the locals, the ancient history around the moat in CM speaks for itself.  The history goes back to the 14th century. 

So all foreigners should respect that, but I agree there should be a big warning sign around the wall. 

I don't know that anywhere in the history of the walls , there is any mention of them being holy. They were built and rebuilt many times, in the past because of defense and more recently as renovation of an old monument/feature. Although an old feature of the city , the Kampaegdin wall would be more authentic, and I don't think getting on top of that would upset anyone.

On 2/28/2019 at 3:39 PM, balo said:

That the wall was rebuilt in 1985 is being repeated over and over again . It's not the issue here. 

It's a holy wall for the locals, the ancient history around the moat in CM speaks for itself.  The history goes back to the 14th century. 

So all foreigners should respect that, but I agree there should be a big warning sign around the wall. 

Are the rats holy too?!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived