PGCEi and Teacher's License Application

LuckyLucas

Hello friends

I'm currently studying for a PGCEI with Nottingham. I graduate in October. My last waiver on my temporary teaching license expires in June.

I have been told informally that I can apply for the full 5 year teachers license if I add the proof of enrollment documents to my application.

Can anyone confirm this? It makes sense but one never knows...

Thanks and kind regards to all

LL

Standard Teaching License Requirements for Foreign Teachers

1. Not younger than 20 years of age
2. Have academic qualifications in one of the following:
(a) Have a degree in education or its equivalent
(b) Have a degree in another field and a teaching license from another country
© Have a degree in another field and a graduate diploma in teaching profession with 1 year of course study
(d) Have a degree in another field and have passed other professional certification in accordance with the professional standards of the Teachers’ Council of Thailand

You can apply but cannot obtain your teacher license as you do not meet the requirements.

I don't think you'll have trouble gaining a waiver. To be proactive you might ask the university for a letter stating your graduation date.

Your application most likely wouldn't be accepted without the diploma but you could try. Another issue though is upon graduation will you actually receive the diploma? If it's still months after that I wouldn't necessarily bother. Upon graduation get a formal letter from the institution that you've met requirements, graduated. Diploma pending. Khrusapa in all likelihood will process this.

While you ate waiting, get the 3-5 teachers to sign for you and your HoD to write the reference and send it through the bureaucracy for the director's signature and director ID card. Finally, you will need to be at the school 366 days from the start of your work permit.

Good luck. Close but not there yet.

Thanks so much for the replies

to muddy the waters further, I start at a new school in May.

Ive been at my current school for 10 years and I'm resigning after several others have including the long-served HoD (yet to be replaced). I'll get the reference and all my documents at the end of March.

So I start at a new school having had 5 waivers over 6 years and I'm 6 months off graduating on my PGCEI. I wish I'd have thought this through beforehand...

Well, only thing you need worry about at this point is the waiver. It will be two years before you have a license in hand.

Be absolutely certain they will sign for your license. Put the paperwork in front of them now. Process it whenever.

On 2/25/2019 at 5:12 PM, Loaded said:

PGCE (no i) from university of London is a lot cheaper

Sent from my CPH1701 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

No 'I' but the 'P' is 'professional' not 'post' - hmmm too late for me but half the price - Is it recognised? Princess Anne is the chancellor so the uni must be legit.

I'm sure the Thais will recognise it as they do the Mickey mouse Filipino ones...

good luck all

Archived