Kodi just about dead in the water?

Kenny202

Every few months I usually download an updated Kodi build, freshen things up. Sources seem to have been dropping like flies last year I can only assuming getting done for copyright laws etc. Whenever you search a movie etc appears to be plenty of links but very few working. 

Anyway, did a factory reset on my Android box this morning and there are usually lots of You tube sites provide how to's on downloading and recommending builds. Looks like nearly all gone. I used to go to a lady called Mchangas channel. She had literally 100's of videos. All gone. Only a handful of build videos left on youtube and any I have tried don't work? Is there something going down? I understand how the streaming providers and sources are dropping like flies and why but don't know why you tube are blocking the people providing builds, which is basically a skin and interface to providers. Very little about it on google as well. Any one finding the same thing?

1 hour ago, Stocky said:

Forget builds, just install the current addons that work.

https://www.wirelesshack.org/top-best-working-kodi-video-add-ons.html

Wow. I didn't realise you can just use the actual add ons themselves. So a build is just a fancy way of packaging it up in an interface, probably using lots of ram etc I don't have avail on my little Android box. I guess if you wanted all the features it would be fine but I only use Kodi for movies and TV series so will be perfect. I actually like the raw menu for searching etc. Some of the fonts and colours they use on the Kodi builds are just about unreadable, with my eyes anyway.

Thanks for the info guys ????

9 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

So a build is just a fancy way of packaging it up

Exactly so, usually with a whole heap of stuff you don't need or use.

The Yoda addon is my current preference, works fine. If it goes dead they'll be someone who takes over development, updates, and the Wirelessshack website will point you in the direction of that replacement.

Works for me.

STOP loading those builds. Just download the addons. The builds are crap and they are not that often updated. Kodi 18.0 is out now. Use that and just load add-ons such as Exodus or Yoda and you won't need anything else. Though there are many others.

Last month Poll Results.
TOP BEST WORKING KODI Addons List Feb 2019

STOP loading those builds. Just download the addons. The builds are crap and they are not that often updated. Kodi 18.0 is out now. Use that and just load add-ons such as Exodus or Yoda and you won't need anything else. Though there are many others.

Last month Poll Results.
TOP-BEST-WORKING-KODI-Addons-List-Feb-2019.jpg&key=059fbfdc5b32edfb936fbf10784766486156c788232076a88ae02f09644baf1c
Already done :-) I like Exodus the best. Simple menu. Fast works well for what I need

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I echo what a lot of people shared here.  Will just add that its worthwhile for me, and maybe you, to get a Real Debrid account.
Try it out, most likely you wont look back if you set it up proper.

If your really spoiled, you can check out Premiumize too, but RD does the job for me.

Plenty of how-to's etc.. on YouTube for the setup.  Most of these addons link into 'URL Resolver' within Kodi, which is where you link in your RD or Prem. account(s).

P.S. Sometimes folks search for movies that have just hit/on way out of theatres.  Obviously wait for the thing to hit BluRay or DVD before trying those.

There are still a few  good Kodi builds that are regularly maintained    containing add ons like

Exodus,Magic Dragon,Yoda  ,Genesis ,with all the new theatre movies

Check out   these builds   Slamious   Project        No Limits      and One Alliance   

7 hours ago, philba said:

Startec AIO has multiple options.

Mobdro apk is probably best apk.

it used to be quality is low now, I watch everything on my laptop now through web pages. I will watch motogp and F1 on my laptop in 720p same as I did last year through web pages. one site for F1 even had F1 tv for about 4 races - being able to pick your drivercam

11 hours ago, bignbad said:

Anyone got any recommended addons for live UK TV

use EPIC browser which has a built in vpn with a UK server and I don't know if there are pop ups as I use adblocker, use the website https://tvplayer.com/

and sign up with a UK post code - I use my brothers. watched the rugby on the weekend in 720p on the BBC (my connection is good so automatic was 1080p but laptop is 720).

As I said earlier I watch everything on my laptop through a browser but some sites you need a lot of protection running in the background.

On 2/25/2019 at 3:17 PM, Stocky said:

Exactly so, usually with a whole heap of stuff you don't need or use.

The Yoda addon is my current preference, works fine. If it goes dead they'll be someone who takes over development, updates, and the Wirelessshack website will point you in the direction of that replacement.

Works for me.

I use both Yoda and Placenta. As you say yoda works fine, in fact too fine, it can find so many links it seems to take forever. A lot less on placenta so a bit quicker, if I can't find what I want on placenta I turn to Yoda.

• 8 months later...
On 2/26/2019 at 11:48 AM, matador007 said:

Sometimes folks search for movies that have just hit/on way out of theatres.  Obviously wait for the thing to hit BluRay or DVD before trying those.

This is a good website to help find out if something has been released yet or not.

Archived