SETV for Passport that is close to 6 months expiry date

I want to go  Phnom Penh, Cambodia to get SETV on around 7 March, but my passport is expiring on 5 November 2019, so my passport will enter 6 months expiry time frame on 5 May, if I apply the visa on 8 March that means that my 60 days visa will be valid till let's say 8 May, so my last day of visa in Thailand will make my passport validity slightly less than 6 months.

First, will the embassy allow me to apply SETV because of this ?

Secondly, if they allow me to apply, will they also allow me to apply 30 days visa extension after that 60 days visa expired on 8 May ? Cause that will make my passport expire in around 5 months on the last day of the visa.

Thanks

Edited by anatta0

You will be within the 6 months needed to apply for the SETV. But Phnom Penh recently has been reported as being difficult to get visa there.

No problem to enter the country after getting the visa or to apply for the 30 day extension.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You will be within the 6 months needed to apply for the SETV. But Phnom Penh recently has been reported as being difficult to get visa there.

No problem to enter the country after getting the visa or to apply for the 30 day extension.

Thanks for the info, glad to know. So which city will you suggest that is easier ? Vientiane ? Ho Chi Minh ?

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Btw, I updated my question, adding that I will get the 30 days extension before the 60 days expired. So when I apply for the 30 days extension my passport already has less than 6 months expiry date, you meant that this is no a problem too ?

5 minutes ago, anatta0 said:

Thanks for the info, glad to know. So which city will you suggest that is easier ? Vientiane ? Ho Chi Minh ?

Either one of those would be better than Phnom Penh.

Vientiane does not ask for tickets out of the country or financial proof and HCMC does.

4 minutes ago, anatta0 said:

Btw, I updated my question, adding that I will get the 30 days extension before the 60 days expired. So when I apply for the 30 days extension my passport already has less than 6 months expiry date, you meant that this is no a problem too ?

Once you are in the country your passports validity means nothing for as long it is still valid. Only if you were applying for an extension beyond the date it expires would there be a problem.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Either one of those would be better than Phnom Penh.

Vientiane does not ask for tickets out of the country or financial proof and HCMC does.

Once you are in the country your passports validity means nothing for as long it is still valid. Only if you were applying for an extension beyond the date it expires would there be a problem.

Do you think Phnom Penh, people get rejected because for doing too many SETV ?

As this is my first time doing SETV for anywhere, will that give me a better chance in Phnom Penh ? Also does the Phnom Penh asked for tickets out of Thailand and financial proof too ?

I have preference for Cambodia because this is a country that I have not been yet, will like to visit for a week, while I have been to many places in Laos & Vietnam already.

Thanks

Edited by anatta0

20 minutes ago, anatta0 said:

As this is my first time doing SETV for anywhere, will that give me a better chance in Phnom Penh ? Also does the Phnom Penh asked for tickets out of Thailand and financial proof too ?

You should not have a problem getting the visa but be prepared for it take 3 or 4 days to get it issued.

They ask for tickets out of the country and financial proof. 

@ubonjoe Can I ask, is it a good idea to reveal my condo rental contract as the proof of accommodation in Bangkok if they ask for hotel proof ? I have a 6 months rent contract here, as it's more cost saving than staying in hotel/airbnb etc, I won't be staying here all the time, will leave Thailand for a few weeks during this 6 months. I don't work here illegally, but I am afraid if showing them the rent contract, will it raise the red flag ? Will they suspect that I am working illegally ? Even i don't. Thanks

6 hours ago, anatta0 said:

Can I ask, is it a good idea to reveal my condo rental contract as the proof of accommodation in Bangkok if they ask for hotel proof ?

I see no problem with showing a rental contract for proof of accommodation. Many tourists do that and show it to get a tourist visa.