BANGKOK 19 April 2019 07:46
Orton Rd

Teeth aching dentist at a loss

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Still having problems remembered a few years ago dentist at Mahidol dentist centre recommended removing a gold inlay and then root canal, but he never did an x ray. Going to other dentists none have ever said there is anything wrong with it, so went back today as that is the tooth giving the most problems.

If you have never been to Mahidol (nr Victory monument) don't, although there are many dentists there are always about 70 people or more waiting. We got there at 7.45 and were seen at 11.45, another 20 minutes after to pay the bill. Unfortunately the original Dentist was not available and when I asked the one we saw to look up the notes she said yes he planed to do it but could not see why as the x ray was OK. Got no further apart from a problem showing up on a tooth that gives me no problems as yet.

Might give one of those top notch places a try next, expensive but not four and a half hour wait for a shrug of the shoulders.

here is a very good explanation re x rays and tooth problems. it seems sometimes an x ray can look ok but there is still a problem. i am not a dentist but it seems sometimes trying a root canal is something tried when all else has failed to fix the pain short of extraction.

https://www.animated-teeth.com/root_canal/root-canal-x-ray-diagnosis.htm

Edited by atyclb

I have had something similar- with inflammation in the upper rear tooth area- on both sides but not at the same time-  it turned out to be sinusitis- treated with  anti inflammatory and  antibiotics.   It clears but returns  every 3 or 4 months due to the pollution situation and  also affected by changes in air pressure.

best natural remedy I have found is using a Neti Pot or it's equivalent- a pot of boiling water with an onion in it , I inhale  the steam through the nose and mouth for about 5 minutes- (3 times a day)careful not to let the steam burn the inner throat or nasal cavities- usually resolves everything within a few days.

In my case- went to several dentists until one actually  looked at the sinus area and found it inflamed and  intruding into the gum/teeth areas.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

That's what I believe atyclb,  is a link missing?

Edited by Orton Rd
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

That's what I believe atyclb,  is a link missing?

i forgot to paste link but corrected it in post #17 above. not the same link as post #20

• Like 1

Ear infection or inflammation ??

Thought it might be the excessive use of ear plugs but no ears are OK