Question regarding Retirement extension/marriage

My current extension based on retirement has an extension of stay until 30th June 2019. (The original extension was obtained June 2018). My questions are:

1. On doing my next 90 day report (due 11th March 2019), do I have to show 400k in a bank account?

2. Given that the next extension of stay is due 30th June, on approximately 10th June 2019, will I have to do another 90 day report?

And, I am considering applying for a multi entry non O visa from Savannakhet based on marriage to a Thai. Regarding this:

1. Can I do this a week or two before the current extension of stay is due? (30th June).

2. I have had two previous non immigrant O visas based on marriage (in my current passport). Will this be a problem in applying for another?

Thanks for any advice.

3 hours ago, johnny1966 said:

1. On doing my next 90 day report (due 11th March 2019), do I have to show 400k in a bank account?

No.

2. Given that the next extension of stay is due 30th June, on approximately 10th June 2019, will I have to do another 90 day report?

Yes.

But you could apply or the next extension early on the 10th June and are the 90 day report at the same time.

And, I am considering applying for a multi entry non O visa from Savannakhet based on marriage to a Thai. Regarding this:

1. Can I do this a week or two before the current extension of stay is due? (30th June).

You can do it anytime. Your current extension would end if you leave anytime before June 10th.

2. I have had two previous non immigrant O visas based on marriage (in my current passport). Will this be a problem in applying for another?

No.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, johnny1966 said:

Why not apply for an extension of stay based upon marriage so you don't have to worry about having anymore that 400k baht in the bank for 2 months on the date you apply for the extension. After you get your extension stamp you can do what you want to do with it until you top up your account for the next extension.

You can change the reason for your extension of stay to marriage without needing to get a new non-o visa.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, elviajero said:

No.

Yes.

But you could apply or the next extension early on the 10th June and are the 90 day report at the same time.

You can do it anytime. Your current extension would end if you leave anytime before June 10th.

No.

Thanks for the response.

11 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Why not apply for an extension of stay based upon marriage so you don't have to worry about having anymore that 400k baht in the bank for 2 months on the date you apply for the extension. After you get your extension stamp you can do what you want to do with it until you top up your account for the next extension.

You can change the reason for your extension of stay to marriage without needing to get a new non-o visa.

Would be the most sensible approach however I may not have adequate funds to show at the time of renewal in which case I will go to Laos to apply for a fresh non O. (If permitted).

Edited by johnny1966