BANGKOK 18 July 2019 16:38
Sign in to follow this  
webfact

Ao Nang dog attack: Round-up to expand, Finnish boy Eemi out of hospital

Ao Nang dog attack: Round-up to expand, Eemi out of hospital

By Tanyaluk Sakoot

1551093306_1-org.jpg

Krabi Livestock officials move some of the dogs that have already been caught. Photo: Krabi Livestick Office

KRABI: The last remaining stray dogs at Ao Nang Beach, Krabi, will be caught and removed from the area, and the campaign to remove all stray dogs from tourist areas will be expanded, the national Director-General of the Department of Livestock Development (DLD) has announced.

DLD Director-General of the Department Sorawit Thanito made the pledge to have all strays removed from tourist areas while visiting Ao Nang Beach on Friday (Feb 22).

Ao Nang is ground zero for the dog-roundup campaign, as it is the site where 5-year-old Finnish boy Eemi Nikula was attacked by stray dogs last Wednesday (Feb 20).

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/ao-nang-dog-attack-round-up-to-expand-eemi-out-of-hospital-70515.php#72DEgvDUpUeC25pW.99

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-02-26

36 minutes ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Unfortunately, we have to wait for a really nasty dog attack before there'll be any action.

True. They can't be seen to improve the situation until there's something wrong, can they?

• Like 2

Bye Bye Spot....

Edited by mok199

Please bring the "roundup" team to Samui, with many trucks .

Remember those heartwarming stories about lost pets finding their way home across hundreds of miles?  

I wouldn't be surprised if these vermin do the same. 🙄

Good idea, round up the dogs and take them to another area! Most likely a temple! Amazing Thailand!

• Like 1

When they only bark at me, I chase and kick or stone them! They are worthless garbage just littering the streets and causing damage to people! 

If Thailand wants to live with pets, then do so the right way (chain them up in your house)!! A simple ending question: on what reasonable... really reasonable grounds do the Thais allow stray dogs roam the streets in the first place?

• Sad 1

In the last two weeks two dog attacks that I know of in Chaam. One lady from Belgium was very badly bitten by 3 dogs in a resort in Chaam , her leg was completely open, first to Chaam hospital , but later she had to go to Bangkok hospital in Hua Hin. A man from Holland was bitten by a dog in soi 5 on the beach, 10 days ago, he could not stand on his leg anymore, and had terrible pain, also to Bangkok hospital, he went back to Holland 1 week ago, and had a operation on his leg, and is still in the hospital

• Like 1

I can visibly see the thai's love affair with dogs BUT a line has to be drawn when innocent children are maimed and killed by packs of blood thirsty vicious dogs who roam around to terrorize people. As I said before, the Thai officials are not stupid and recognize what is going on in their country. I personally feel that if the word gets out to other countries just how vicious these dogs are and the extent of the injuries and vicious attacks is broadcast, tourists will seriously consider visiting another country and not being potentially victimized by these vicious dogs. This is the only way anything will ever be done is when the bottomline of the tourist dollar starts to be reduced due to people going elsewhere on holiday or vacation.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bluesofa said:

True. They can't be seen to improve the situation until there's something wrong, can they?

Yes, it's the same mentality they have with vehicle maintenace; if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

• Like 1