Ao Nang dog attack: Round-up to expand, Finnish boy Eemi out of hospital

webfact

Ao Nang dog attack: Round-up to expand, Eemi out of hospital

By Tanyaluk Sakoot

1551093306_1-org.jpg

Krabi Livestock officials move some of the dogs that have already been caught. Photo: Krabi Livestick Office

KRABI: The last remaining stray dogs at Ao Nang Beach, Krabi, will be caught and removed from the area, and the campaign to remove all stray dogs from tourist areas will be expanded, the national Director-General of the Department of Livestock Development (DLD) has announced.

DLD Director-General of the Department Sorawit Thanito made the pledge to have all strays removed from tourist areas while visiting Ao Nang Beach on Friday (Feb 22).

Ao Nang is ground zero for the dog-roundup campaign, as it is the site where 5-year-old Finnish boy Eemi Nikula was attacked by stray dogs last Wednesday (Feb 20).

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/ao-nang-dog-attack-round-up-to-expand-eemi-out-of-hospital-70515.php#72DEgvDUpUeC25pW.99

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-02-26

What about removing stray dogs everywhere in Thailand. They are dangerous only because they are hungry You can bet the people from Finland won't be back to Thailand and they will tell everybody in Finland what a country Thailand is where stray dogs have rights and attack people. Why are these dogs not put down? Oh thats right the monks say they must live Maybe if they bite one of those monks things might change?

1 hour ago, Geoffggi said:

Pattaya should be next on the list, Jomtien Beach & surrounding area is a positive breeding ground for stray dogs ask anyone who exercises early morning along beach road....

Unfortunately, we have to wait for a really nasty dog attack before there'll be any action.

2 hours ago, ubon farang said:

What about removing stray dogs everywhere in Thailand. [...]

In the complete article:

“But we will find a suitable place for the dogs to live without disturbing or harming tourists,”

With other words: they catch these dogs and let them roam free again in another spot where they can continue with whatever they do as long as they dont cause negative publicity by bothering tourists.

So less dogs in one spot means more dogs in other spots.

Many towns in Thailand practice culling, of the soi dogs. It is the responsible thing to do. Nobody takes care of these mutts, and some deluded souls think there is Buddhavistic merit in feeding them, hence they survive, due to ignorance and foolishness. They need to start educating the public, and teaching them that feeding these dogs is actually a bad thing for society. Feeding these dogs actually leads to brutal attacks. Do not give them strength. Deny them food. Let them perish. Take them all out. They bite, terrorize, scare and are up to no good. They are not wanted, they are not needed, and they are troublesome. Cull them, until there are none left to cull. 

Innocent kids are the last people in the world who should have to deal with this kind of thing. They could be traumatized for life, from an incident like this. And why? Lazy and slothful local authorities, not doing their jobs, is why. Culling is not a difficult thing. I would actually get involved, if the authorities asked for volunteers. Let's clean up Thailand, one stray, mangy, rabid, vicious, good for nothing dog at a time.

When they only bark at me, I chase and kick or stone them! They are worthless garbage just littering the streets and causing damage to people! 

If Thailand wants to live with pets, then do so the right way (chain them up in your house)!! A simple ending question: on what reasonable... really reasonable grounds do the Thais allow stray dogs roam the streets in the first place?

In the last two weeks two dog attacks that I know of in Chaam. One lady from Belgium was very badly bitten by 3 dogs in a resort in Chaam , her leg was completely open, first to Chaam hospital , but later she had to go to Bangkok hospital in Hua Hin. A man from Holland was bitten by a dog in soi 5 on the beach, 10 days ago, he could not stand on his leg anymore, and had terrible pain, also to Bangkok hospital, he went back to Holland 1 week ago, and had a operation on his leg, and is still in the hospital

I can visibly see the thai's love affair with dogs BUT a line has to be drawn when innocent children are maimed and killed by packs of blood thirsty vicious dogs who roam around to terrorize people. As I said before, the Thai officials are not stupid and recognize what is going on in their country. I personally feel that if the word gets out to other countries just how vicious these dogs are and the extent of the injuries and vicious attacks is broadcast, tourists will seriously consider visiting another country and not being potentially victimized by these vicious dogs. This is the only way anything will ever be done is when the bottomline of the tourist dollar starts to be reduced due to people going elsewhere on holiday or vacation.

I think it’s actually cruel to condemn these stray dogs to live as they do, existing on scraps with no shelter and no one to care for them. No wonder they revert to pack behaviour. Past time for their elimination from the streets, and as they are invariably sick and diseased, for their elimination from the planet. I consider myself an animal lover and I hate seeing them suffering.

20 hours ago, Classic Ray said:

I think it’s actually cruel to condemn these stray dogs to live as they do, existing on scraps with no shelter and no one to care for them. No wonder they revert to pack behaviour. Past time for their elimination from the streets, and as they are invariably sick and diseased, for their elimination from the planet. I consider myself an animal lover and I hate seeing them suffering.

And this can be extended to all those foreign pensioners that can not meet the 65,000 baht a month requirement anymore due to the exchange rates and are begging for visa extensions. It is more human to exterminate them as to send them back to their cold home countries.

On 2/25/2019 at 11:56 PM, Geoffggi said:

Pattaya should be next on the list, Jomtien Beach & surrounding area is a positive breeding ground for stray dogs ask anyone who exercises early morning along beach road....

IIRC, a tree branch fell and mortally wounded an Italian jogger early one morning on Jomtien a few years ago. The local authorities didn't hesitate to cut down all those vicious, stray trees shortly afterwards.

We have a fellow comes through the village once or twice a year, has a big cage on his truck,trades plastic bowls and buckets for dogs. I think they go through Laos to Vietnam for the barbi. It's kind of illegal but the border guys look the other way or else they have a hundred mangy dogs to feed.

On 2/26/2019 at 6:56 AM, Geoffggi said:

And it's even more scary if you move off beach road,it's the reason I will probably not come back to Thailand after 25 years visiting, it totally ruins the experience when you can't even enjoy a walk without needing a stick and eyes in the back of your head.

15 hours ago, Paul944 said:

And this can be extended to all those foreign pensioners that can not meet the 65,000 baht a month requirement anymore due to the exchange rates and are begging for visa extensions. It is more human to exterminate them as to send them back to their cold home countries.

Only the British ones who voted for or supported Brexit/Ukip they should all have to live out their years on the damp and foggy islands.

15 hours ago, NanLaew said:

IIRC, a tree branch fell and mortally wounded an Italian jogger early one morning on Jomtien a few years ago. The local authorities didn't hesitate to cut down all those vicious, stray trees shortly afterwards.

yes they decapitated it

1428860952_killertree.thumb.jpg.c59b66ce0224dba899d3ffd03a99d124.jpg

On 2/25/2019 at 5:50 PM, ubon farang said:

What about removing stray dogs everywhere in Thailand. They are dangerous only because they are hungry You can bet the people from Finland won't be back to Thailand and they will tell everybody in Finland what a country Thailand is where stray dogs have rights and attack people. Why are these dogs not put down? Oh thats right the monks say they must live Maybe if they bite one of those monks things might change?

The overall number of visitors from Finland is relatively insignificant. Total visitor numbers from Europe increase every year so a small reduction from one small country won't matter. The incident will be forgotten within weeks.

Archived