UK's Labour says it will back call for second Brexit referendum

webfact

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Grouse said:

Interesting times. Naturally, MPs don't want Brexit (apart from the money grubbing ERG bastards) but they don't want to be blamed for doing the right thing!

Interesting certainly. No MP's don't want to follow their constituents wishes, as they know what is best. A bit like some posters on here.

As for money grubbing barstewards I believe it is the many MP's like Soubry and others who have family or business interests in the EU.

I still believe that the plan is to have a second referendum because TM's deal is so bad for supports of Brexit and the other shysters want to keep the UK in the EU.

Unless a compromise comes then I see the Politics in the UK being disfranchised for years. The UK could end up like Politics in Germany with many parties forming a government with no real change in each election and also little choice.

If we are all honest there hasn't been any change in political parties in the UK for years as New Labour/Conservative are all the same thing, wrapped in a different colour ribbon and tie.

5 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Either way a man who has been against the EU and now supports them. How could anyone trust a leader like that! I wonder what the 60% plus of Labour voters will do who voted in the last referendum.

Theresa was for staying and changed her mind too. So, she's no better than Corby, yes?

11 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Interesting certainly. No MP's don't want to follow their constituents wishes, as they know what is best. A bit like some posters on here.

As for money grubbing barstewards I believe it is the many MP's like Soubry and others who have family or business interests in the EU.

I still believe that the plan is to have a second referendum because TM's deal is so bad for supports of Brexit and the other shysters want to keep the UK in the EU.

Unless a compromise comes then I see the Politics in the UK being disfranchised for years. The UK could end up like Politics in Germany with many parties forming a government with no real change in each election and also little choice.

If we are all honest there hasn't been any change in political parties in the UK for years as New Labour/Conservative are all the same thing, wrapped in a different colour ribbon and tie.

MPs are required to represent all their constituents, regardless of how they voted.

Away with you and your ‘tyranny of the ballot box’.

Rest assured, the eyes of MPs and Party leaders will be firmly on what the polls tell them is the public reception of this move by Labour.

The idiots still love their polls don’t they? And that’s after the polls were proved to be disastrously wrong over the past few years. It will have been Dodgy Dave’s Brexit opinion polls in 2015 that got them into all this. Maybe some good does come out of the useless polls then.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

32 minutes ago, thequietman said:

Theresa was for staying and changed her mind too. So, she's no better than Corby, yes?

Yes she is no better than Corbyn. But she has never said she is for leaving either, so has always been a remainer. Corbyn has campaigned for all his political life against the EU and now as the leader of the Labour party, is now changing his views.

So they are both as bad as each other and I can't say which one is worse.

5 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

This would be the final nail in the Brexit coffin. Everyone could watch the biggest idiocy in modern politics die. The people would finally have a say and free themselves from the shackles of some undemocratic terrorists who hold the country as hostage through a manipulated opinion poll and their accomplices in the government. Would love to see Jacob’s, Boris’ and Nigel’s face when people stand up and vote in a landslide victory to remain. 

Only choices in the event of another referendum would be May's Deal or No Deal. Remain already eliminated in previous referendum.

1 minute ago, Thingamabob said:

Only choices in the event of another referendum would be May's Deal or No Deal. Remain already eliminated in previous referendum.

I like what you say but I believe it would be Mays deal or stay in the EU which anyone with any sense knows it is the same thing. I hope you are right as Mays deal is worse than staying in the EU. BRINO.

1 minute ago, Thingamabob said:

They can frame a potential new referendum anyway they chose.

The UK has clearly made a big mistake voting leave to begin with.

Now that the public sees what it really is, it's quite fair to give them a second crack at a FINAL decision. 

2 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

No the choice is the new deal is going to be May's deal or forget the whole stupid idea 

Just now, Jingthing said:

I'm not British. I say give the people a second chance now that they know more. Cheers.

Well I appreciate your opinion. I disagree, as we have not had the first one enacted yet. it took over 44 years to get a referendum in the first place and now we should have another one even before it happens. Many, many people from the UK would disagree with you and many on here will also too.

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Exactly. 

The main reason the Brexiteers want to suppress a fresh voice of the people is that they know in their hearts they would lose it. 

I disagree. what would be lost is democracy, as there might as well be a 3rd or 4th. I am not against a second referendum but lets leave first and have some time away from the EU, say 10-20 years.

All those people shouting for a referendum. You realise you can't even accept the first one.

Just now, Laughing Gravy said:

I disagree. what would be lost is democracy, as there might as well be a 3rd or 4th. I am not against a second referendum but lets leave first and have some time away from the EU, say 10-20 years.

All those people shouting for a referendum. You realise you can't even accept the first one.

I reckon we have a quorum with a clear majority in favour of a referendum!

Just now, Laughing Gravy said:

Yeah, I can see why people can't accept it.

It was subject to manipulation by Putin and also the leave campaign used blatant lies about national health to win it (narrowly).

Now that there is more light on all that, and also understanding of what kind of deal is possible (or no deal) the people could have a chance to make a much more informed choice.

Archived