People injured after car smashes into parked motorbikes on Pattaya Beach Road

webfact

1 hour ago, Dmaxdan said:

Thankfully no one was killed. The Fortuna seems to have faired the worse. That's seems a lot of damage considering it crashed into some motorbikes. 

They make those little bikes tough. A few years back a Thai idiot in an Isuzu MU-7 decided to drive into my Honda Click coming out of Makro. My bike was unmarked, unlike his passenger door which would have needed some extensive repainting. Of course, being in a giant SUV he assumed he was impregnable to a pissant scooter, and just drove off without even stopping. That gave me a smile all right, I'd love to have seen his face when he got home and saw the damage he'd done to himself.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, atyclb said:

those parked bikes serve a purpose providing seating for beach road freelancers otherwise too lazy to stand.

Yes city hall took away all the public seating on the beach side  mid/southern end where all the girls used to hang out..

I noticed the other day there where some more (new) stainless steel seats at the northern end.

1 hour ago, champers said:

Traffic police activity on Beach Road seems to be mostly outside the cop shop stopping motorcyclists with no helmet. They need to fan out a lot more to catch speeders and red light runners. 

That would require effort.  so it's a non starter for PC Plonker in Pattaya.

when it come to road safety duty. :smile:

2 minutes ago, stanleycoin said:

That would require effort.  so it's a non starter for PC Plonker in Pattaya.

when it come to road safety duty. :smile:

Plus they may accidentally stop some hiso with those tinted windows.  Think of all the farang they could fine if they didn't have those tinted windows lol.

48 minutes ago, TTSIssues said:

Who is to say someone didn’t run out in front of him and he had to swerve to avoid them. Speed limit is 80 I believe. Don’t criticize unless you know the facts. 

I thought the speed limit was 40 on beach road ?

47 minutes ago, TTSIssues said:

Speed limit is 80 I believe.

In a built up area and with a vehicle weighing more than 1,200kg it is 60kph.

However, it is also down to common sense and the conditions at the time, most people wouldn't drive down beach road at speed, too many potential hazards, pedestrians, the flag brigade crossing the road etc. etc.

51 minutes ago, TTSIssues said:

Who is to say someone didn’t run out in front of him and he had to swerve to avoid them. Speed limit is 80 I believe. Don’t criticize unless you know the facts. 

What kind of idiot drives 80 kmh on beach road.  This speed seems reasonable to you?

7 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

What kind of idiot drives 80 kmh on beach road.  This speed seems reasonable to you?

Speed limit is 30 at the bend at Dusit Thani hotel and is 40 on the rest of Beach Road. Many routinely break the speed limit because they can with impunity. 

Nothing will change until the culture changes here, 24/7 enforcement and enforcement with some bite attached to it and consistent application based on the Law and not what makes one feel good or say they are sorry to the victims, Visiting the temple to pray for forgiveness then getting back into the vehicle and repeating the madness!

3 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Visiting the temple to pray for forgiveness then getting back into the vehicle and repeating the madness!

In this case I doubt the foreign driver is a buddhist so no need to visit the temple. 

Instead he will visit the jail unless he can bribe himself out which I suspect he can . 

3 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Any members that take their kids on scooters should look at that first picture and imagine them and their child sitting on the bike closest to impact. 

What would be the point of doing a sick thing like that? There are tragedies happening all over the world at any given moment, car crashes, volcanos, fires, buildings falling down etc , etc., etc.,Are you saying we should all imagine ourselves with our children in the very middle of every calamity in the world?...For what purpose...to remind us to never venture outside our door again?...You thing we are 100% safe indoors then?

3 hours ago, darksidedog said:

While we can't say how the accident happened without further information, looking at the extent of damage to the car, excessive speed would appear to be a contributing factor. Very lucky that nobody was killed, because anyone getting hit by a car travelling as fast as it must have been going, would have had no chance, and one hopes the charges for the driver reflect that.

While we can't say how the accident happened without further information,

and we cant say speed was a contributing factor either.

4 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Thankfully no one was killed. The Fortuna seems to have faired the worse. That's seems a lot of damage considering it crashed into some motorbikes. 

Fortuna is mostly plastic, not surprised in the least.

Archived