Dutch fugitive wanted in his country for alleged human trafficking arrested in Chon Buri

snoop1130

Dutch fugitive wanted in his country for alleged human trafficking arrested in Chon Buri

By Suriya Patathayo 
The Nation

ac6fa10db00cc76ec54c7ec771b13d85.jpeg

A 68-year-old man from the Netherlands, wanted for transnational human-trafficking crimes and who had been laying low in Thailand over the past decade, has been arrested in Chon Buri province, Immigration Bureau chief Pol Lt-General Surachet Hakpal told a press conference on Tuesday.

Suspect Jacob Jan Schipper, wanted in his home country over charges of human trafficking, forced prostitution and human smuggling, as well as tax avoidance and filing false information in tax payments from January 1997 to March 2000, was arrested on Sunday at a condominium in Soi Na Chomthien 24 in Sattahip district. 

Police also seized cash in various currencies – Bt1.5 million, €13,800 (Bt490,000) and US$8,030 (about Bt250,000) – and bank accounts containing a total of €579,237.

The arrest stemmed from a request from Interpol to help apprehend Schipper, who had allegedly conspired with accomplices to threaten and force 11 women into prostitution, to smuggle Brazilian women from the Netherlands to another country for the flesh trade, and to arrange the smuggling of five other women into the Netherlands for ill-gotten gains, Surachet said.

The Dutchman has initially been charged for overstaying his visa for nearly five years, while police have also asked the Anti-Money Laundering Office to trace the suspect’s transactions with a view to seizing more of his alleged ill-gotten assets, the Immigration chief added.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30364799

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-02-26

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

Police also seized cash in various currencies – Bt1.5 million, €13,800 (Bt490,000) and US$8,030 (about Bt250,000) – and bank accounts containing a total of €579,237

It seems he continues to do human trafficking or some kind of criminal activity with that kind of money 

but he is a scumbag no doubt in my mind 

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

police have also asked the Anti-Money Laundering Office to trace the suspect’s transactions with a view to seizing more of his alleged ill-gotten assets,

Are they not satisfied with  -- 'Bt1.5 million, €13,800 (Bt490,000) and US$8,030 (about Bt250,000) – and bank accounts containing a total of €579,237.?'

1 minute ago, mikebell said:

Are they not satisfied with  -- 'Bt1.5 million, €13,800 (Bt490,000) and US$8,030 (about Bt250,000) – and bank accounts containing a total of €579,237.?'

In their pursuance of justice, their greed knows no bounds.

15 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

It seems he continues to do human trafficking or some kind of criminal activity with that kind of money 

but he is a scumbag no doubt in my mind 

Kind of premature, saying that.

Maybe he brought the money with him into Thailand?

Like the other Dutchman, languishing in a Thai prison.

The Dutch probably want him for tax evasion, I wonder what the other charges amount to.

And of course so much money lying around makes it attractive for the authorities.

I am afraid this man will travel the same road as the other Dutchman........

15 minutes ago, hansnl said:

Kind of premature, saying that.

Maybe he brought the money with him into Thailand?

Like the other Dutchman, languishing in a Thai prison.

The Dutch probably want him for tax evasion, I wonder what the other charges amount to.

And of course so much money lying around makes it attractive for the authorities.

I am afraid this man will travel the same road as the other Dutchman........

Yep, if you have a lot of money, don't keep it in Thailand.

Probably not even worth risking the 800kbht.

29 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Yep, if you have a lot of money, don't keep it in Thailand.

Probably not even worth risking the 800kbht.

Here we go again …., corn on the mill for the "I don't trust Thai banks brigade " :whistling: , who did never saw 800 000 or approx. 22000 euro or the equivalent in GBP on their hand's or bank account :cheesy:....(a don't loose face excuse probably  ? )

There are more non criminal foreigners keeping reasonable cash under their symbolic pillow in Thailand for bad times ,as cash stays always king , plastic ? 1 click ,..and blocked for any reason ..:crying: 

28 minutes ago, david555 said:

(a don't loose face excuse probably  ? )

There are more non criminal foreigners keeping reasonable cash under their symbolic pillow in Thailand for bad times ,as cash stays always king , plastic ? 1 click ,..and blocked for any reason ..:crying: 

I agree cash is king, but I prefer to keep mine in a UK bank.

(Australia, worst schools in the western world)

33 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I agree cash is king, but I prefer to keep mine in a UK bank.

(Australia, worst schools in the western world)

Cash as a safety parachute I mean ,( example a bloody coup followed by a civil war …..in a country 9000 km away from home country …just a non existing , can never  happen thing of course :whistling:...):wink:

Just now, david555 said:

Cash as a safety parachute I mean ,( example a bloody coup followed by a civil war …..in a country 9000 km away from home country …just a non existing , can never  happen thing of course :whistling:...):wink:

Try getting your money out of the Thai bank after your examples ...............

First thing that happens in these events is the banks closing their doors.

Better off keeping the money under your bed.

31 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Try getting your money out of the Thai bank after your examples ...............

First thing that happens in these events is the banks closing their doors.

Better off keeping the money under your bed.

Or at least split amount ,as in 1.5 years the guaranteed secured  sum in Thailand banks becomes reduced to 1 mill. baht , max and 800 K already blocked for 5/6 month, and further 400 k whole remaining months before again 800 k blocked for immigration rules…..think think !

If he is indeed guilty off such cruel indifferent soulless crimes then one him back to the land of windmills and hopefully they'll put him away ... trafficking in other human beings and forced prostitution ... if there is such a thing as evil energy in this world then this surely would fit into that dark category.

Archived