Maybe got lucky, but the income affidavit letter worked.

SamSanuk

On 2/26/2019 at 8:00 PM, KhunBENQ said:

From what is written in the Thai visas forum, income affidavit are valid for 6 months from date of issue.

There is no news that this rule has changed independent from the fact that four countries have stopped issuing.

No change for citizens of other countries who still get an income certificate based on supporting documents.

Would better be answered in the Visas forum.

@ubonjoe would bring it to the point.

Depends which office you attend . In Jomtien income affidavits have been rejected since Christmas !

On 2/26/2019 at 6:52 AM, EricTh said:

I've never met any Danish in Thailand so I doubt it is significant.

Outside the big four UK, Australia, America, Canada, I've only met French and Germans and of course Japanese.

I met a Danish man in in the mini bus to Ko Chong. Apparently he had been married to a Thai woman and took her to Denmark. Apparently there are a lot of Thais in Denmark because the funny thing was that he had married a young Thai in Denmark who had never been to Thailand. So he was showing her Thailand. He also said he had a house in Thailand. I didn't question how.

Your mileage may vary.

On 2/26/2019 at 9:52 PM, EricTh said:

I've never met any Danish in Thailand so I doubt it is significant.

Outside the big four UK, Australia, America, Canada, I've only met French and Germans and of course Japanese.

You have to be kidding!!!!! Danish not significant!!!!!

Where I live in Phuket we have an area called Little Denmark - also a street there  that we locals know as Tuborg way.  Not to mention the bar that is sometimes referred to as the Danish Embassy!!!

4 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The point is, posters here have often asked whether Immigration might accept foreign ATM account withdrawals here as a form of foreign deposit into a Thai bank account.

I think, most of us don't think that's going to fly. But the OP's mention is one of the few examples I'm aware of any time since the monthly deposits method arose that someone's talked about actually presenting those kind of documents to Immigration to prove funds...

That's why it was worth asking the OP, if Immigration even looked at his bag of ATM receipts and what if any reaction they had to it.  It would help answer a question many here have wondered about.

There's still a loophole in the 65000 baht monthly transfer, what's to prevent the receiver from sending back part of the  money other than losing transfer charges.

1 hour ago, Nurseynutcase said:

You have to be kidding!!!!! Danish not significant!!!!!

Where I live in Phuket we have an area called Little Denmark - also a street there  that we locals know as Tuborg way.  Not to mention the bar that is sometimes referred to as the Danish Embassy!!!

Also there is Little Sweden in Phuket.

Archived