Lao Run At End of Month

FaFaHead

Hey gang,

My wife and and I have to make the (what we thought was a pretty straight forward fly in, fly out run) to Vientiene. My wife and I are on our 3rd tourist visas currently. The wife is an administrator at the Unity Concord Internation School in Chaing Mai and they want us to make this last run so they can issue her the Non-Immigrant B and I also would be covered. 

What I’m being told is that my assumption that we could fly into Vientiene to do this is incorrect. Whta is the correct process?

Thanks...

There are some visa vans that run from CM to the Thai Embassy.

Or you could fly to Udon Thani and then there are vans at the airport that will take you to the border and once you cross the border you can take a bus to the city.

Or you can fly to Bangkok and then fly up to Vientiene

6 minutes ago, zeekgarcia said:

There are some visa vans that run from CM to the Thai Embassy.

Or you could fly to Udon Thani and then there are vans at the airport that will take you to the border and once you cross the border you can take a bus to the city.

Or you can fly to Bangkok and then fly up to Vientiene

Get the bus from the bus station though , those mini vans are dangerous and uncomfortable 

Thanks for the responses. What I need to know is if this is like when we went to Myanmar if we bus up, take a song taeow to the border cross over, pay the BHt, go back across get stamped by Thai Imigration and head back.  What is the exact procedure, where to go, how long of a stay, etc. I am not interested in a 12 hour bus ride. Want to fly. 

12 hours ago, sanemax said:

If you are just doing a border hop without getting a TV , can you not just go up to Maesai ?

Did that last month. School has us set up for Lao.

Just found about about Thai efficiency...the school where my wife works has her set up for her visa and I thought I was covered under it, but I was not included in the paper worked filed so she is going to have to go to Lao and I am thinking I have to make the run to Myanmar again. 

In reading everything I can find related to Meisai, I’m seeing that you can do two runs in the same calendar year, I’m just unclear as to whether I can do it again, as I was just there two months ago. 

Archived