Back and lumbar support

billd766

I am getting a lot of back pain and I am looking to buy a back support similar to the ones that the cashiers wear at Makro.

I have tried a couple of places but they only have Thai sizes.

Amazon does one the size that I want and it is only US$26 which is fine until that add another US$20 on for postage.

https://www.amazon.com/Mueller-Adjustable-Lumbar-Support-Removable/dp/B00267SFK2?th=1

Does anyone know where I can order one of a similar size (50 to 70") online in Thailand?

Hello,

Post 4 is right, a weight loss, a bit of walking, at your pace, (5 KMS in 25 minutes) can help, but not really solve your problem. But it takes a start at all.
Konjak pasta, boiled eggs, beets, radishes, tomatoes, cauliflower, a mixture of green salad, cebettes, green peppers, olive oil, cider vinegar, fish and a little chicken.
All of these ingredients are found at TESCO.
But you still have to want it.
Courage!

12 hours ago, uhuh said:

Back support will make your back pain worse in the long run. 

You should try weight loss, physical therapy,  exercise (eg swimming).

Plenty of advice on the net about exercises for back pain. 

Back in 1982 in the UK I had an accident which damaged the lower part of my back. Since then the pain has been manageable but in the last 3 weeks or so it hurts much more when I stand up. Once I am standing for a minute or so I can walk fairly easily.

In September 2018 I was 124.5 kg, and by mid December I was down to 118.7, mid January I was up to 120.4 and this morning I was down to 116.7. 

I haven't been dieting and I get about an hours exercise a day cutting the scrub grass down on 2 rai.

The nearest swimming pool is 16 km away.

4 hours ago, sirocco said:

Hello,

Post 4 is right, a weight loss, a bit of walking, at your pace, (5 KMS in 25 minutes) can help, but not really solve your problem. But it takes a start at all.
Konjak pasta, boiled eggs, beets, radishes, tomatoes, cauliflower, a mixture of green salad, cebettes, green peppers, olive oil, cider vinegar, fish and a little chicken.
All of these ingredients are found at TESCO.
But you still have to want it.
Courage!

The nearest Tesco is 65 km from me.

Courage I need at times when changing position and I have learned NOT to put my tongue between my teeth when changing positions as I am still waiting for the last lot of teeth marks to heal.

Thanks to both of you for the advice though.

2 minutes ago, billd766 said:

The nearest Tesco is 65 km from me.

Courage I need at times when changing position and I have learned NOT to put my tongue between my teeth when changing positions as I am still waiting for the last lot of teeth marks to heal.

Thanks to both of you for the advice though.

Sounds quite bad, I would look at exercise (some stretches too). I am not sure that the thing you want to buy actually helps. It may I can't be sure.

I saw one of those supports worn by a female in Makro today, what I think they are for is to keep the back straight when lifting making sure they can't make a wrong movement and damage their back while lifting.

You already have a problem, it might help keep your back in a certain position and if that is all what is needed then it will work. 

I hope you can solve your problem, i have had a period with lower back pain. I solved it by doing exercises for my lower back. But it really depends on the situation, sometimes exercise can help other times it does not. Plus its not an easy fix it takes time.

Archived