German man, 74, arrested for murdering teenage Thai wife after almost 10 years on the run

snoop1130

Unbelievable! At the time, when he took that 14-year old girl to live with him in his house, he should already have been locked up! The poor girl would have escaped death by this horrible monster. A situation like this is just impossible in the west. 

The death of his first wife should be thoroughly investigated by the relevant authorities. She definitely didn't die of old age, that must be clear to everyone.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, bdenner said:

I'm thinking the more important question is:-

Why does the Thai judicial system let suspects of heinous crimes (of any sort) out on bail? In particular Farang, who can normally afford the 'cheap' bails set then find it easy to do a runner.

because the cops get a piece or all of the bail money?

Just imagine the state doing a mental health check on people as part of the application for a visa? Half of TV members may never get out of their own country.

Apart from my comment, its a very sad outcome for a very young girl. RIP.

If guilty this person should be locked up immediately, to protect all humanity. It sounds a very sick crime. 

9 minutes ago, dcnx said:

I love when the curtains are pulled back and foreigners are exposed for why they are really here.

The excuses so many give for living here are always a laugh. It’s sex 90% of the time. 

Very racists comment,not all of us posses Thainess.Thia people are the best right?

Absolutely pathetic that the Thai police couldn't find this dirtbag for 10 years. It just further drives home the fact that they just don't give a shit about anyone's lives or even a nominal adherence to and application of the rule of law.

12 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

wonder how many other kids did he molest, hope he dies a miserable death...

You don't know the story. Perhaps he was yet another man baited and manipulated by a teenage tart until he blew a fuse. Happens all the time.

5 minutes ago, JackGats said:

You don't know the story. Perhaps he was yet another man baited and manipulated by a teenage tart until he blew a fuse. Happens all the time.

If you think that deserves murder, you are as sick as him.

If he was manipulated by anyone, why blow a fuse, why not walk away ?

5 hours ago, bdenner said:

I'm thinking the more important question is:-

Why does the Thai judicial system let suspects of heinous crimes (of any sort) out on bail? In particular Farang, who can normally afford the 'cheap' bails set then find it easy to do a runner.

The bail money was put to good use, maybe some new bikes, a holiday, ??????

5 hours ago, balo said:

A 62 year old with a 14 year old and then they legally marry when she turn 17 ???? How is that even possible ? So her parents gave consent and basically sold their daughter to this sick devil. 

This is one of the worst tragedies I have heard about involving foreigners in Thailand, so sick , may he rot until the end of his miserable life in Thai prison.   

10 hours ago, tabarin said:

Not so surprised by that but more by how he kept active bank accounts and money coming in, like he all planned this beforehand. 
Wonder why on earth he came back to Chiang rai itself and if he wanted to get caught.

Money can come-in in various ways--obviously using the ATM, but using the same card can be traced even if you use different banks. Do the Thais trace ATM usage? Having money sent to other people's accounts may be the safest--they should not complain if they don't have to give you money until it arrives in their account; and you're not so cheap that you won't give them a handling fee. 

3 hours ago, car720 said:

Forget about the rights and wrongs of the German.

What about the courage of the girl to basically have to sell herself to this old guy in order to care for an invalid father.

A little angel, in her own way, perhaps albeit in wolves clothing.

We do not know the actual reason she hooked up with the guy. Maybe for an easy meal ticket or for more ultruistic reason. Whatever the reason, the main culprit is the German guy preying upon the vulnerable teenager. He was taking advantage of the desperate situation the girl was in and capitalize upon it. Maybe the girl was unfaithful to him but then, what did he expect with such a great age difference . 

39 minutes ago, smotherb said:

Money can come-in in various ways--obviously using the ATM, but using the same card can be traced even if you use different banks. Do the Thais trace ATM usage? Having money sent to other people's accounts may be the safest--they should not complain if they don't have to give you money until it arrives in their account; and you're not so cheap that you won't give them a handling fee. 

I think basically the police is not looking for the fugitive. The norm here is to skip bail if you have the means. The bail money is basically a get out of jail card. You either pay for your crime with jail time or money. That is why so many hiso here act with impunity because they know the system well.  You skip town ,leave the country and the police has less headache to deal with. The police then forget about you with or without warrant. The german’s mistake is going back to chiangrai and letting some folks there identifying and ratting on him to the police. My take. 

1 minute ago, Ctkong said:

I think basically the police is not looking for the fugitive. The norm here is to skip bail if you have the means. The bail money is basically a get out of jail card. You either pay for your crime with jail time or money. That is why so many hiso here act with impunity because they know the system well.  You skip town ,leave the country and the police has less headache to deal with. The police then forget about you with or without warrant. The german’s mistake is going back to chiangrai and letting some folks there identifying and ratting on him to the police. My take. 

Yeah, I know, confusing, eh? I was replying to tabarin's post; which said, "Not so surprised by that but more by how he kept active bank accounts and money coming in, like he all planned this beforehand . . .

52 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

If you think that deserves murder, you are as sick as him.

If he was manipulated by anyone, why blow a fuse, why not walk away ?

Maybe the German was banking on spending the rest of his life with her and she ‘betray’ his trust by playing the field . Seeing his dream died, he saw no recourse for a second chance to rebuild his life again. Where to catch another beguiled impressionable teenager at his age ? Maybe a tit for tat vengeance played out here. 

12 hours ago, tabarin said:

Not so surprised by that but more by how he kept active bank accounts and money coming in, like he all planned this beforehand. 
Wonder why on earth he came back to Chiang rai itself and if he wanted to get caught.

best give him bail another 400,000 baht for the captain and then catch him in another 10 years , hopefully he wont stab another couple of wifes in that time 

14 hours ago, P Funk said:

Why digitize the pricks face?! He should be proud to have eluded Thailand’s finest for 10 years. Should stake him on top of a “mot dang” mound for a few months then finish the job with a thousand cuts...

You sir, are not the police, judge or executioner. I wish you well...well far from any degree of authority. 

Archived