Converting a Retirement Visa to a Tourist visa

• 8 months later...

OP posted > My renew of my retirement visa is due soon. I'm not sure with all the changes if I will qualify to extend another year. Is it possible to convert to a tourist visa?

Imo the information you provided is far too little to ensure you get correct information that will meet your acctual intentions.

Some additional information that would be helpful to get to-the-point advice:

1. You are on are 'retirement visa due for renewal' > Is it an OA or O type of Visa, and what is the actual expiry date of your permission to stay.

2. What makes you think that you will not qualify for the extension? > Did you go below the financial minimum limits on your bank-account?  Or is it the health-insurance requirement for a Non Imm OA - retirement Visa?  Or another reason.

3. Why do you want to convert to a tourist Visa? > Do you intend to stay in Thailand long-term, or is it just to bridge a 2-3 month period before going back home?  There are several options and roads that can be taken when wanting to stay long-term in Thailand, and getting a tourist Visa as first step is only one of the possible options.

Edited by Peter Denis

1 hour ago, usacb500biker said:

CITZ  US,retirement O visa expires 9 Jan 2020 (15 yrs in THAILAND) lEAVING, options? ? how to extend for 30 to 60 days to Pack and SELL personal items ..Jomtien IM..THANKS..

There is no extension you can get other than one year. If married to a Thai you could get a 60 day extension to visit you her.

You could do a border hop to get a 30 day visa exempt entry that can be extended for 30 days.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You could do a border hop to get a 30 day visa exempt entry that can be extended for 30 days.

Do S.E. Asian airline check-in counters enforce the need to have an outbound ticket (out of Thailand) within 30 days for visa-exempt entry?  I know from experience that U.S., Korean and Japanese airlines can be quite strict.

Edited by wpcoe