"Drunk" Brit with prosthetic arm caused Pattaya accident - Thai media

webfact

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Snow Leopard said:

You can't accuse him of being harmless in this accident. 

Sounds like he was legless but not completely (H)armless.  Let's hope he has the ability to compensate those who were injured and pay's the price for his stupidity, followed by a lengthy ban!

6 hours ago, champers said:

Quite right. Nothing in the OP confirms he had been drinking. I am sure he must have been in shock. What does that look like?

After an accident like that I would certainly think that a person will their natural limbs would be in shock. He may also have been dazed by the release of the airbags deploying 

6 hours ago, champers said:

Quite right. Nothing in the OP confirms he had been drinking. I am sure he must have been in shock. What does that look like?

Maybe the report is evasive so as not to confirm anything . Whether the guy has been drinking or not, if drinking , how much alcohol in the blood. It can go both ways. Perhaps the police is waiting for what is being offered before deciding what action to report. Farang in an accident is just the right cause for more donation to the police fund. Being in Thailand, if you were unfortunate enough to be involved in an accident whether it is your fault or not, you are deemed fair game for the police and the locals. 

3 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

Because we live in a world of social media, and with that it brings out a lot attention whores who will post shocking videos for more views, 'likes' and so on 

Plus money in social media these days,sell the rights 

48 minutes ago, jossthaifarang said:

<deleted>! Now everyone with a disability will be scrutinised next time they go for their licence renewal. You can actually drive perfectly fine with a disability, or one hand. The prick was drunk, end of story the arm should have <deleted> all to do with it.

You have his breath test/blood results? Or is this conviction by assumption?

At 30 mph a bike pulls out in front of you(again) you swerve and you can do a lit of damage, god bless cctv, i recently was rear ended in BKK not to bad 40.000 bt rear camera shiwed he was on the phone and head down reading, no annual in the window no insurance wanted to drive of and ring me later 555

Thais love accident scenes. Much better entertainment than watch a movie. And the best things it's free. Plus it feels so good watching and filming a injured person or even a dead one. Also, it happenes every day. So there are plenty of chances to make them happy.

Today I was crossing number two road on a cross walk. A motor bike taxi going wrong way agaisn't the traffic (ONE way north) nearly hit me. He then abuses me because he had to break hard. You cannot help think why the death toll is number two in the world heading for number one.The Good General said he was going to fix all these IDIOTOIC problems

1. Get rid of red temopary licence Plates

2.  Everyone on motor bikes had to wear a helmet

3. No Passengers in back of pick up trucks.

4. Stop LUNCH money Demands from people in authority

5. Stop begging on streets (especially those non THai with drugged babies)

6. Every Govt Official will be accountable for their Action/ Decisions

Well done GENERAL All objectives ACHIEVED

There are another dozen platitudes by the Good General that will never be achieved

Debate your oppositoin and list your ACHIEVEMENTS NOT YOUR "FANTASTIC SONGS"

YOU ARE THERE TO SERVE THE PEOPLE OF THAILAND

3 hours ago, Paul Henry said:

Today I was crossing number two road on a cross walk. A motor bike taxi going wrong way agaisn't the traffic (ONE way north) nearly hit me. He then abuses me because he had to break hard. You cannot help think why the death toll is number two in the world heading for number one.The Good General said he was going to fix all these IDIOTOIC problems

There are another dozen platitudes by the Good General that will never be achieved

Feel better now?

21 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

I just wonder why you would film wounded people and post it on internet?

I wonder why it has become fashionable in the news media to use the word 'wounded' for cases of accidents, surely 'injured' would be the correct word to use, this isn't a battle field and nobody is shooting.

9 hours ago, Paul Henry said:

With the exception of  No.1 and 6 these points are already illegal it's just that they aren't enforced.

Archived