Italian/Thai couple found dead - sister says it was because plans for life in Italy fell through

webfact

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Suicides + murders of entire families due to financial or other problems is quite common in Japan.  In fact, it is considered more honorable to take your lover or your family with you than to leave them to face the problems alone.  There are movies of lovers committing suicide together.  The movie "No Mugi Toge" is the story of the life of girls sold to the silk producing companies near Suwa Lake.  Some of the girls were worked to death and one of the girls and her lover committed suicide by tying themselves to the silk mill's water wheel.  One of my colleagues, William Wheatherly, wrote a book about suicide in Japan. In short, suicide, while regrettable, is not dishonorable in Japan.

1 hour ago, fxe1200 said:

Charge the tickets to your credit card and leave. Where is the problem? Pay in installments later.

Why not just take the money out of the bank? Oh, that's right, if he didn't have any money in the bank, he couldn't. And, it may be he did not have a credit card.

1 hour ago, madmen said:

Thai women not so excited about leaving Thailand. An ex described it well..If Australia so good why all man want live here?

Maybe she changed her mind or wanted to break it off followed by a reaction from the fragile Italian man syndrome.

Murder/suicide because of no money for tickets? thats ridiculous 

I keep hearing that old rhubarb about Thai women not wanting to leave Thailand. That may be true for some Thai women, but certainly not all. My son married a Thai here while he was teaching English, at least four of his NES teacher friends did likewise. All of their Thai wives were eager to go overseas; and they are now all gone. Some for as much as five years. Of course, they  were all college educated Thais who spoke English well; maybe they were not as apprehensive about life outside Thailand as others.

2 minutes ago, Benroon said:

What ? I’m presuming he used a sharp knife not a blunt axe !! 

How do you think surgeons do it ?

This forum just gets more insane by the day !

Everyone knows you only cut transversely if you don't really want to die (a cry for help or attention style attempt). 

If you want to kill yourself by cutting the arteries then make the cuts length wise from the wrist to about mid forearm.

Personally I'd suffocate myself in a sealed room with a charcoal burner after getting very drunk and taking a valium so I'd be asleep when I asphyxiated.

There is a lot of grim news, more by each passing day. It seems there is a suicide or a murder or combination of both, half of one and half of the other. Farangs to the left and to the right. It never seemed that violent when I came here a couple of decades ago. Perhaps I was too busy working and not reading the news. 

Who’s to say for what ever reason ( would like to think it was more serious than air tickets ) that they hadn’t planned to die together everyone is assuming that it’s Murder/suicide what about assisted suicide/suicide .....just saying

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Sukanya said that the couple planned to travel to Italy. She told Sanook that the Italian's family were meant to have sent air tickets to them but when this didn't happen the couple got stressed. 

They were due to go and live in Italy but were stuck in Thailand.

She felt this may have led to the tragedy. 

Something is wrong here 

how could they got married if he don't have any money??? 

2 fly tickets to Italy about 30000 b

And he don't have that 

Sad story but that have to be more in this case 

RIP 

2 hours ago, Benroon said:

What ? I’m presuming he used a sharp knife not a blunt axe !! 

How do you think surgeons do it ?

This forum just gets more insane by the day !

Look (it up) before you leap. Research shows only as very small percentage of people manage to kill themselves by cutting their wrists, partly because the technique involved (unless you are a surgeon with a razor-sharp scalpel) is tricky.

1 hour ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Something is wrong here 

how could they got married if he don't have any money??? 

2 fly tickets to Italy about 30000 b

And he don't have that 

Sad story but that have to be more in this case 

RIP 

Where does it say you must have money to get married?  Air tickets are 30,000 each.  Let's keep it accurate.

7 hours ago, tlandtday said:

Probably more to this story but a friend of mine was a personal friend of the lady killed.  She repeated a similar story prior to the article.  She also said the lady had a baby and was a good person.  Probably lucky the baby was in the village.  I never can understand why someone taking his own life would take his lover's life prior.

Because it was agreed to die. And she was too weak, so he had to do it. It's man's duty. First her then him. True love 

95% Thai police involved as they normally rolled out suicide.

Murders are extremely evil but they what ever so, it would seem suicide.

Why the hell would someone commit suicide when he is happily young and married, then simply cut his wrist.

BULLSHIT.

Immigration laws taking another toll on someone's psyche who did not have sufficient means to support his wife and stay here? Also sounds like not the best relationship with family in Italy. Maybe will be a lot more of this in the future unless it is because of a totally different thing!

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 10:28 PM, Krataiboy said:

It takes a lot of force and guts to hack through the tendons which shield the wrist arteries. The guy really must have been desperate to die.

Many times the cuts don't work as expected.  Medical testimony suggests it is better to cut longitudinally down the vein direction and not across the veins.  Much hard to stop the blood

On 2/27/2019 at 1:28 PM, Krataiboy said:

It takes a lot of force and guts to hack through the tendons which shield the wrist arteries. The guy really must have been desperate to die.

Well I can feel my pulse on the artery 5mm left from the tendons, maybe I'm a freak of nature then. No need for a chainsaw, just a 2" cut along the vein to keep it from coagulating close should do it. Much to the chagrin of the TVF go home crowd I however plan to live forever or at least comment on from the other side. 

Of course if you've never cut meat and don't know about anatomy it'll get messy.

Archived