Department store staffer arrested for multiple credit card fraud

webfact

Department store staffer arrested for multiple credit card fraud

3pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Sanook reported that a Chonburi man had admitted to ripping off customers using credit cards at a leading Chonburi department store. 

The store was not named. 

Kornphiphat would use his phone to record the credit card details of customers while they were distracted. 

Over a five month period he then used the cards of at least 10 people to order goods mostly from South Korea that he would then sell. 

He was arrested after arriving disguised and acting suspiciously at Bang Saen post office where he came to pick up goods from abroad. 

The case came to light after reports of crime were made to the fraud department of a bank. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-02-27

9 hours ago, scorecard said:

Amazes me that people who do this (any country) don't realize (or perhaps don't want to realize) there's a good chance they will get caught then jail and then lots of ongoing difficulties for years or for life.     

Many low salary Thais do not think beyond their immediate gratifications. Consequences be damn...if caught, they blamed it on their karma. 

Wonder if I had no money, How'd I go about getting it if I couldn't score a cushy job and there was no social security or help from family.

Credit card theft would be high on the list for most unfortunate people.

Non voilent crime. One of the better options.

I'm guessing VISA support a lot. I guess visa get a lot from society so giving some back good to see.

29 minutes ago, Ctkong said:

Many low salary Thais do not think beyond their immediate gratifications. Consequences be damn...if caught, they blamed it on their karma. 

Ironically, I've had credit card theft while I was working in South Korea.  Let's not pretend only Thais commit fraud. 

20 hours ago, shady86 said:

Its time to introduce pin security for cashless transactions here. The habit of getting original signatures are a waste of time.

Yes, particularly when Hamish McTavish appears to be a 6ft 3 Thai katoey on a spending spree. 

16 hours ago, bbko said:

Ironically, I've had credit card theft while I was working in South Korea.  Let's not pretend only Thais commit fraud. 

????

4 times in my home country never here.

But, stay on here long enough and you will be called a Thai apologist as there are those who seem to actually believe Thais are responsible for most of the crimes/problems in all SEA.

On 2/27/2019 at 4:06 PM, shady86 said:

The habit of getting original signatures are a waste of time.

There was a recent case of a Thai ladyboy signing in Thai using a farang's card.  7-11 staff never checked.

Archived