Dog owner says he has run out of money - can't keep paying after savage attack on three year old

webfact

4 hours ago, Just Weird said:

He's paid the hospital bill in full already, it's there in the OP for you to read.

The bill 555....Its not over until the fat lady says so...wonder if you would be so cavalier if this was  your child bitten , and you are still dressing and cleaning the wound....

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

I believe that the woman and hospital are shaking him down under the guise of hospital care. Many of the care procedures are governed by the medical procedure tariffs. Wounds are not "washed" daily. Constant "washing" will inhibit healing. It's stuff like that that raises one's eyebrow. Bandages can be changed and  medicated ointments applied. It is not that difficult for the wounds sustained.

Yes, I get it that the man is responsible for the damage his dogs caused, and yes  everyone agrees that the dogs should be spayed and neutered at his cost. However, it seems that the woman is taking this route instead of suing him for damages. If she pushes this, she will kill the goose laying her golden eggs.

Shaking him down? Are you serious?

I'd want to put him down along with his vermin dogs!

If you think he is being "shaken down" - just go and ask the three year old what he thinks!

Unbelievable!

8 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Thailand is a "dirty country"?  How much cleaner is your blessed country? 

Yes, Thailand is filthy. Just take a look around. There is garbage and filth everywhere. I suggest you check out Singapore or Japan. You may see what a clean country actually looks like.

The solution is so simple.

Vote a law that every dog owner needs to deposit 800.000 baht (or 400.000 in case of small dogs) in the bank, to cover the medical expenses of the victims.

And of course they should report every 90 days to the police.

And get a TM 555 to prove where they live.

8 hours ago, Neeranam said:

What a totally wrong, racist remark.

What country are you from?

On the U.S., there were 4.7 million dog bites on one year. Perhaps the country with the worst dog(owner) problem.

Also, pit bulls were bred in the UK and US.

- No, it's not.

- What the hell does that have to do with this?

- So you Googled up some irrelevant deflection about...... the US.  Why the US?  Why not some other random country?  Are you obsessed with the US? 

- Cool piece of irrelevant trivia.

25 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

Have you ever been inside a free Thai hospital?

Not unlike WWI lazarets in Europe.

Not according to all the experts here. All claim public hospitals are great, good doctors and good service , but again is it not free to be treated for Thai or kid is in private hospital?

2 hours ago, BestB said:

Not according to all the experts here. All claim public hospitals are great, good doctors and good service , but again is it not free to be treated for Thai or kid is in private hospital?

When recently my wife had heart problems, there were about 100 (one hundred) people in the sick bay.

Of course you can get a private room - 1.800 baht.

She was then referred to a university hospital in BKK.

6 months waiting list.....

waiting list could be avoided by paying 6.000 euro (yes, euro, they made it simple for this stupid farang).

Extra advantage of paying 6.000 euro: the cardiologist told her that he would do the operation Himself, while the 6 months / free operation would be done by his students.

We took the gamble of a 12 hours flight to Europe.

And yes, our national health system is slightly more expensive then 30 baht.

But it includes holders of a Thai passport (because she is married to me).

My wife is currently on holiday with me in Madeira after a successful operation in a first world country....

2 hours ago, BestB said:

And for your second question:

In private hospitals Thais get ripped off LESS than farangs.

20 hours ago, keith101 said:

Why in hell has he got ten dogs that he cant control , they all need to be put down as a danger to people and he cannot own more than one dog in the future .

I love dogs but most Thai show no ability in how to take care of their dogs just letting them run free to do what ever they want .

Why in hell has he got 10 dogs period!  Perhaps he moonlights as a fox or racoon hunter!  ????

The buck stop at the top!

Perhaps he should be put down as he was responsible for the dogs and their (lack of) training and proper care?

TIT (and never does Govt. authority accept any responsibility for their woeful decisions [or lack of affirmative action decisions]. ????

5 hours ago, oldhippy said:

When recently my wife had heart problems, there were about 100 (one hundred) people in the sick bay.

Of course you can get a private room - 1.800 baht.

She was then referred to a university hospital in BKK.

6 months waiting list.....

waiting list could be avoided by paying 6.000 euro (yes, euro, they made it simple for this stupid farang).

Extra advantage of paying 6.000 euro: the cardiologist told her that he would do the operation Himself, while the 6 months / free operation would be done by his students.

We took the gamble of a 12 hours flight to Europe.

And yes, our national health system is slightly more expensive then 30 baht.

But it includes holders of a Thai passport (because she is married to me).

My wife is currently on holiday with me in Madeira after a successful operation in a first world country....

It’s a nice story and glad to hear of the outcome , but still does not answer the question . Is not medical care free or is kid being treated in a private hospital ?

12 minutes ago, BestB said:

It’s a nice story and glad to hear of the outcome , but still does not answer the question . Is not medical care free or is kid being treated in a private hospital ?

The free treatment would be in a "lazaret" - and I forgot to mention the waiting in a queue, it is not like walk in and be helped.

3 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

The free treatment would be in a "lazaret" - and I forgot to mention the waiting in a queue, it is not like walk in and be helped.

And still does not answer the question where kid is being treated. Wound dressing in a clinic is 200-400 baht , in a private hospital 2000-5000 baht . 

21 hours ago, Vacuum said:

What the hell would this help? The dogs would still be able to attack innocent people. Put them down I say, or at least pull their teeth.

Demanding actions that are unattainable serve no purpose. Why bother if it it is not viable? The intent is to offer a solution that the dog owner can do. Pulling teeth is what the Roman Emperor did to the prepubescent boys he called his "fish". It is cruel and barbaric. Spayed and neutered animals are less likely to attack.I expect that it was the males who attacked and not the full dog pack. The fact is that these dogs will still be there. An easy fix is to stop them from breeding and to control the aggressiveness with the neutering.

2 hours ago, BestB said:

It's free, and yes, they used a private hospital.

On 2/26/2019 at 7:38 PM, keith101 said:

Why in hell has he got ten dogs that he cant control , they all need to be put down as a danger to people and he cannot own more than one dog in the future .

I love dogs but most Thai show no ability in how to take care of their dogs just letting them run free to do what ever they want .

Kinda like their kids 

neutering-weird-friends-relatives-pets-best-demotivational-posters.jpg

1 hour ago, Vacuum said:

No idea, but the fact that they had to pay for the treatment, suggest that they used a private hospital.

Fact suggest she claims she has to pay, does not actually mean she did pay. That is what I am getting at.

as I said wound dressing in a private hospital is 3000-5000, if kid was treated in a private hospital 100 000 would have been used up in 2 days, of in public hospital then it should be free.

after the attack , if mother was poor, highly unlikely kid was taken to private hospital.

this is what I Am getting at. Is she really paying hospital bills or just trying to get more money 

9 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

If your child was nearly bitten to death, would you be prepared to queue for hours daily to get treatment under a free scheme?

Emergency’s do not queue up, different department. And if owner did not agree to pay , what would poor family do?go to private hospital ?

Archived