Pattaya: Quick thinking action by motorcyclist helps save Chinese tourists

webfact

Pattaya: Quick thinking action by motorcyclist helps save Chinese tourists

6pm.jpg

Picture: The Pattaya News

The quick thinking actions of a foundation rescue worker helped save 23 Chinese tourists after their tour bus burst into flames. 

Bunrit Ropru noticed a trail of leaking oil and caught up with a tour bus taking the tourists back to their hotel in Jomtien after a trip to Sattahip. 

Bunrit overtook the bus on his motorcycle and sounded his horn to alert driver Wisanu Thonglai that the rear of his vehicle was smoking. 

The tourists were evacuated near the entrance to the Ocean Marina Hotel just in time as fire started to engulf the vehicle from the rear engine compartment. 

Fire crews managed to douse the flames in about 15 minutes.

The tourists praised the quick actions of Bunrit, reported The Pattaya News. 

Police are investigating. 

Source: The Pattaya News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-02-27

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Bunrit overtook the bus on his motorcycle and sounded his horn to alert driver Wisanu Thonglai that the rear of his vehicle was smoking. 

He was lucky he was not ran over by the bus,as they seem not to want

to stop for anyone.

regards worgeordie

7 hours ago, webfact said:

No loss one less old smoker on the roads polluting the air .. 

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Investigate what .? P*ss poor maintenance as that is the likely cause of it self immolating .. 

On 2/27/2019 at 9:55 AM, webfact said:

I tried to alert a coach driver that he had no lights by sounding my horn at 2nd Rd/Klang lights.  The police officer told me it was 'up to him.'!

8 hours ago, mikebell said:

I tried to alert a coach driver that he had no lights by sounding my horn at 2nd Rd/Klang lights.  The police officer told me it was 'up to him.'!

Mind your own business.....????

15 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Mind your own business.....????

If this was sarcasm, all well & good.  

If it wasn't well!  All bad drivers are a threat to other users.  If I hit a motor bike with no lights, the driver goes to hospital; the farang goes to jail.

Just spotted the emoji - saying it was sarcasm. 

3 minutes ago, mikebell said:

If this was sarcasm, all well & good.

I put the smiley there for that reason. But you must know as well as I do that people are expected to mind their own business in Thailand, and they don't want foreigners coming here lording over them like part-time policemen. 

I understand, Jacko.  But I still maintain the right to draw attention to bad driving in the face of poor policing.  If anyone drives dangerously or threatens my families' safety I sound my horn aggressively.  I am aware that I could get shot at the next set of lights.  Without protest, nothing will change.

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

I understand, Jacko.  But I still maintain the right to draw attention to bad driving in the face of poor policing.  If anyone drives dangerously or threatens my families' safety I sound my horn aggressively.  I am aware that I could get shot at the next set of lights.  Without protest, nothing will change.

Yeah, I sit at an open restaurant with the Mrs often commenting on the driving going on around us, vehicles with no lights, lady on M/C with 2 babies on phone, kids with punctured exhausts doing a wheelie. She tolerates it but has warned me to keep it between us!

Sounding your horn aggressively is very risky, you will get reactions!

Archived