Credentialed (Both America and Thai) Teacher needs to find a new job

username415

Hello everybody and thanks in advance for any help you're able to give.  I am an American teacher who has a credential from America as well as my Thai teaching card from Krusapa.  Due to a terrible new school director here I am most likely going to be looking for a new place to teach next year, after 6 happy years here in Bangsaphan, Prachuab.  

I have seen enough teachers working for terrible agencies come and go that I really don't want to go that route.  At the very least can some people suggest good agencies, or can you suggest any other routes to finding a new school?

thanks again for any help

Thanks for the reply WonnabeBiker

My job search hasn't really started so far.  I don't want the people at my school to get the wrong idea, that I am eager to leave/change schools, as I would prefer to stay here if things can be worked out with the new director.  I get along really well with everyone, but none of us can stand the director.  Unfortunately I am the only one willing to stand up to him, so I don't see it going well.  

The only way I know to start my search, other than going to different schools and walking in, would be to ask all my Thai teacher friends, former bosses, etc., if they know of any positions.  I don't want to do that yet though, so I am in a bit of a bind.

Do you have any suggestions?

Anyone else can suggest anything?

Thanks for your time

Not locked into this area, though I would prefer to stay close if possible.  As far as Bangkok, that would really be an absolute last option - quality of life and finding a nice place for my family and I to live is my top priority.  That’s why its a bit tougher to go about my job search - schools in Bangkok tend to have websites, post on job boards, etc., but I have no idea how/where to look for jobs out in the “countryside” as they call it.

Archived