Phone card in the USA?

Sorry if this is not the correct section for the question but we will visit the USA for 2 months. Does anyone know the best way to get a prepaid SIM cards that will work in the USA? I'd like to use my unlocked iPhoneX

Thanks

We go there for 2 month holidays and I buy a SIM with internet (I think it's unlimited) on a 1 month package at an AT&T shop - about $50/mo.  I renew it online for the second month, then let it expire after that.  You can get them a lot of places, Walmart, etc. 

Probably slightly better things out there, but I don't care that much for only 2 months.  I go to the same AT&T shop, hand the pimple faced teenager my phone and I'm all set in about 10 minutes.

T-Mobile and AT&T use SIMs and have prepaid plans. There are also many, many MVNOs who resell service on these and other networks. Your phone supports many/most/all of the required bands. Expect to pay $45 - $65 /month. You can sign up for a month-month plan with no commitments/penalties.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_mobile_virtual_network_operators

Boost, Cricket, Mint, Simple, Straighttalk are but a few.

You could find SIMs in any place basically, or order online for delivery here, or to a friend/family member in the U.S.

If you need service upon landing simply get an AIS/Sim2Fly or DTAC SIM Go Inter to cover your first few days.

I am not sure about your phone, but with our Samsung J7 we got 10GB each 30 days with an option to refill that during the month and unlimited US calls and text - just jump into most any T-Mobil shop at a mall.  Current cost??  Might have to refill each month or might be able to purchase two months up front.  Just took about 15 min. in the shop and we were off and running.  functioned well - we traveled the whole West coast North to South and back again.  That was only a few years ago, at any rate there was no need to pre order  or anything like that - girl at the counter was vary helpfully and even waited to make a test call to be sure it was active and had a connection.

Archived