Take the Anxiety Out of Money Transfers for International Students

18 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I guess another waste of time asking here, I thought I made it clear I want Thai baht transfer to the UK and DeeMoney can't do that...

Does anyone know how to get Thai baht converted and sent to UK please.

You are confusing me.  In your first sentence you say "....I want Thai baht transfer to the UK..."  which when I read you second sentence "....you say how to get Thai baht converted and sent to Thailand....?"    Those two sentences kinda contradict each other...trying to figure what you really want to do. 

With above being said are you saying your want "Thai baht" to actually arrive your UK bank.....I mean you want Thai baht to arrive your UK bank inbox so to speak...and then your UK bank will end up converting from baht to pounds at a piss-poor rate.

Or are you saying you just want to repatriate money (baht) you have in a Thai bank account to your UK bank account.....you just want pounds to be deposited to your UK bank account?   If so, use DeeMoney because you will use Thai baht to buy pounds from DeeMoney and the DeeMoney deposits/transfers those pounds into your UK bank account.  Basically you are converting Thai baht to pounds and DeeMoney sends/deposits pounds.

3 hours ago, Pib said:

Or are you saying you just want to repatriate money (baht) you have in a Thai bank account to your UK bank account.....you just want pounds to be deposited to your UK bank account?   If so, use DeeMoney because you will use Thai baht to buy pounds from DeeMoney and the DeeMoney deposits/transfers those pounds into your UK bank account.  Basically you are converting Thai baht to pounds and DeeMoney sends/deposits pounds.

Apologies I thought I had made it clear enough so my problem would be understood, OK I'll try explain again.

From my UK bank account I have sent £7000 to Transferwise to convert to Thai baht and they will pay into my Thailand Bangkok bank account.

After 2 months I want to sent a Thai baht amount from my Thai Bangkok bank converted to GBP and pay it back into my UK bank.

I tried signing up with DeeMoney and all the countries they deal with, UK is not on their list. 

So that's why I would like to know how I can send Thai baht back to UK and being converted into GBP UK pounds to pay back into my UK bank account..

4 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Apologies I thought I had made it clear enough so my problem would be understood, OK I'll try explain again.

From my UK bank account I have sent £7000 to Transferwise to convert to Thai baht and they will pay into my Thailand Bangkok bank account.

After 2 months I want to sent a Thai baht amount from my Thai Bangkok bank converted to GBP and pay it back into my UK bank.

I tried signing up with DeeMoney and all the countries they deal with, UK is not on their list. 

So that's why I would like to know how I can send Thai baht back to UK and being converted into GBP UK pounds to pay back into my UK bank account..

??? Yes, it is. I am looking at the Dee Money app right now. UK is definitely on the list. Many European countries are nto yet on it, but UK is.

A transfer of 15,000 baht would net you 357 GBP.

If you don't like using mobile app you can also make Dee Money transfer on your computer.

If you need any help they respond very fast on the line app. Just send Lien message to Dee Money.

13 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

??? Yes, it is. I am looking at the Dee Money app right now. UK is definitely on the list. Many European countries are nto yet on it, but UK is.

A transfer of 15,000 baht would net you 357 GBP.

If you don't like using mobile app you can also make Dee Money transfer on your computer.

If you need any help they respond very fast on the line app. Just send Lien message to Dee Money.

Ok thanks I will try on computer because on my vivo android phone which has a mind of its own trying to sign up to DeeMoney I could go no further because UK wasn't on the list of 15 countries.

Maybe it was an old website.

The QR thing bothers me but should be able to get someone to help me with that, not done that before.

You do not have to use the QR if you don't want to. I don't. You can just link your Thai bank account and debit the money from it.

On the list of countries there are 17 shown, UK is the 15th.

Screen Shot 2019-03-23 at 8.45.05 PM.png

17 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Ok thanks I will try on computer because on my vivo android phone which has a mind of its own trying to sign up to DeeMoney I could go no further because UK wasn't on the list of 15 countries.

Maybe it was an old website.

The QR thing bothers me but should be able to get someone to help me with that, not done that before.

The QR payment is so easy.  You use the DeeMoney website on your computer right up until doing the QR payment.  The QR code will appear on your computer screen....use your Thai bank mobile app to logon onto your Thai bank account....select Scan/Make Payment like if using the Bangkok Bank mobile app....it scans the QR code and then immediately displays the payment info to DeeMoney that's encoded in the QR code.....select the account you want to pay from if having more than one bank account....click pay...DeeMoney receives the payment real time....the DeeMoney status changes to paid/funded.   So easy.

I make almost all of my monthly bill reoccurring bill payments (i.e., electric, internet, phone, etc) by using my Bangkok Bank mobile app to scan the bar or QAR code on the bill I get in the mail.  That bar/QR code has all the payment info you see on the bill...much easier and faster than using ibanking.  I use to use Bangkok Bank ibanking to pay my bills but now I use bar/QR code payment function in the Bangkok Bank mbanking app.  Heck, give me a bill you got in the mail that has a bar/QR code within 15 seconds of opening the envelope so I can scan the bar/QR code on the bill I can have the bill paid.  

As you probably know you are seeing QR codes everywhere now days...there are reasons for that....it makes passing along information or paying/transferring money very easy and fast.   Make one QR payment and you will then think, Durn that was really easy....why did I ever thing it would be hard too do.

1 hour ago, Pib said:

The QR payment is so easy.  You use the DeeMoney website on your computer right up until doing the QR payment.  The QR code will appear on your computer screen....use your Thai bank mobile app to logon onto your Thai bank account....select Scan/Make Payment like if using the Bangkok Bank mobile app....it scans the QR code and then immediately displays the payment info to DeeMoney that's encoded in the QR code.....select the account you want to pay from if having more than one bank account....click pay...DeeMoney receives the payment real time....the DeeMoney status changes to paid/funded.   So easy.

I make almost all of my monthly bill reoccurring bill payments (i.e., electric, internet, phone, etc) by using my Bangkok Bank mobile app to scan the bar or QAR code on the bill I get in the mail.  That bar/QR code has all the payment info you see on the bill...much easier and faster than using ibanking.  I use to use Bangkok Bank ibanking to pay my bills but now I use bar/QR code payment function in the Bangkok Bank mbanking app.  Heck, give me a bill you got in the mail that has a bar/QR code within 15 seconds of opening the envelope so I can scan the bar/QR code on the bill I can have the bill paid.  

As you probably know you are seeing QR codes everywhere now days...there are reasons for that....it makes passing along information or paying/transferring money very easy and fast.   Make one QR payment and you will then think, Durn that was really easy....why did I ever thing it would be hard too do.

Yeah thanks I have good Thai friend in my village that has a phone shop he will be able to help me he has one of those QR boxes thingys with the squiggles in it on his counter.

I'll have a go again signing up with them on Monday or Tuesday.

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

You do not have to use the QR if you don't want to. I don't. You can just link your Thai bank account and debit the money from it.

On the list of countries there are 17 shown, UK is the 15th.

Screen Shot 2019-03-23 at 8.45.05 PM.png

Thanks that sort of sounds my kinda thing I have a " Be 1st smart debit card with Bangkok bank, address, branch code etc so I can do a online transaction with that, is that what mean.

As I will sign up and get on board and go from there, no great rush got a couple of months before I need to sent baht to £.

13 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Thanks that sort of sounds my kinda thing I have a " Be 1st smart debit card with Bangkok bank, address, branch code etc so I can do a online transaction with that, is that what mean.

As I will sign up and get on board and go from there, no great rush got a couple of months before I need to sent baht to £.

Keep in mind, although you can send money to X-amount of UK banks, DeeMoney does not send to every bank in the UK....probably more like around 60 banks or so from memory. 

If you want to identify the  bank name you want to send to I will check my DeeMoney account to see if your UK bank is one they can send to.  When a person logs onto their DeeMoney account to begin a transfer, one of the data entries required in selecting your bank/setting up a recipient is done from a "pull down menu."  If your bank is not listed there then signing up for DeeMoney is not going to help you.

33 minutes ago, Pib said:

Keep in mind, although you can send money to X-amount of UK banks, DeeMoney does not send to every bank in the UK....probably more like around 60 banks or so from memory. 

If you want to identify the  bank name you want to send to I will check my DeeMoney account to see if your UK bank is one they can send to.  When a person logs onto their DeeMoney account to begin a transfer, one of the data entries required in selecting your bank/setting up a recipient is done from a "pull down menu."  If your bank is not listed there then signing up for DeeMoney is not going to help you.

Ok thanks again for the help.

My UK bank is First Direct online banking which is a Division of HSBC Bank PLC.

My son in UK is with Nationwide Building Society Bank UK this one would be good as he lent me the money.

My daughter in UK is with Lloyds Bank UK.

I will hold up signing up until I have all info and read up on how to go about.

First Direct is not on DeeMoney list of 40 UK banks but the other ones you mentioned are.  See complete list below. In my earlier post I thought it was around 60....was probably thinking of another country or had too many Leo beers.  I send to the US which has 76 banks on the DeeMoney list.

UK Banks DeeMoney Can Send To.

image.png.de2db596b2d078696c56f4c1f22f67f9.png

image.png.b4e3df61b00cf52552cd545ecf5b3b72.png

image.png.2c23f2a9983bb7b321b9bf5284ddd8a3.png

23 hours ago, Pib said:

First Direct is not on DeeMoney list of 40 UK banks but the other ones you mentioned are.  See complete list below. In my earlier post I thought it was around 60....was probably thinking of another country or had too many Leo beers.  I send to the US which has 76 banks on the DeeMoney list.

UK Banks DeeMoney Can Send To.

image.png.b4e3df61b00cf52552cd545ecf5b3b72.png

Nationwide Building Society that's perfect Thanks so much for you help.

And thanks to Sheryl but I will have to get someone help me with mobile QR I'll only mess things up.

The Bangkok Bank account is a joint a/c and they won't give me online banking. 

1 minute ago, Kwasaki said:

The Bangkok Bank account is a joint a/c and they won't give me online banking. 

I have multiple Bankgok Bank "joint" accounts...and have ibanking.   But I realize some branch managers are just not farang-friendly as I've seen many TV posts over the years where a farang opened a bank account but the branch would not authorize ibanking.

21 hours ago, Pib said:

I have multiple Bangkok Bank "joint" accounts...and have ibanking.   But I realize some branch managers are just not farang-friendly as I've seen many TV posts over the years where a farang opened a bank account but the branch would not authorize ibanking.

They would give me internet banking only if opened another account in my name only which is no good to me.

I will go see the manager to see if the young lady at the desk got it wrong.

Thanks once again for info.

Archived