Frenchwoman deported for vaping

snoop1130

On 2/28/2019 at 12:08 PM, ReMarKable said:

Exactly, I wonder why they don't crack down on the Thai vendors of these products?  Two I know of are selling these things on-line. 

Do you read news?
They (police) perform crack downs at Thai vendors for selling this eq. over and over again!

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, thaistocks said:

This statement is exactly one of the off things here, the police are here to enforce the law and give a fine, if called for. Not for patronizing macho behavior to citizens or tourists. The penalty is the fine, nothing more. Its uncalled for the policy to then take it on themselves to bully up unless the person becomes violent or outright insulting. The French are not off, nor anybody else, for resisting this often rogue behavior by then on top, corrupt officials.  Upcoming Thai elections will be most interesting to see if the Thai people at once stand up to increasing militaristic behavior, dictating and lecturing through force its citizens. Its the few people which stand up and resist the elites and those in power, at least sometimes, which make la difference.

ok, im guessing you are French with such eloquent words? 555

but this statement from you will not help anyone really, when you say it to a Thai policeman..

and he be like

" arai <deleted> wah "

1 hour ago, tingtongtourist said:

ok, im guessing you are French with such eloquent words? 555

but this statement from you will not help anyone really, when you say it to a Thai policeman..

and he be like

" arai <deleted> wah "

Yet another 5555 poseur.

When will the Thai ever learn?

14 hours ago, BestB said:

Police did not make an offer. Police stated what the fine was( in their opinion) Then it’s up to a person to accept it or to negotiate or to decline

40000 is not an outrages out of the blue amount. This is the amount police generally aaks according to a number of reports out there and not only in Phuket.

not too long ago in Pattaya a Russian couple was asked for 100 000 , which they refused, so were arrested and outcome of the story unknown .

not saying it’s correct amount for vaping, just saying this is the amount they start with. 

Those who who did pay, usually say around 10-20k 

'40000 is not an outrages out of the blue amount. '

Most people would say it is outrageous and is out of the blue.  

9 hours ago, mommysboy said:

'40000 is not an outrages out of the blue amount. '

Most people would say it is outrageous and is out of the blue.  

Yes and most people also claim to speak fluent Thai and move mountains on Thai visa, reality is another matter

On 2/28/2019 at 1:09 PM, ujayujay said:

And if a Thai national get caught?......500THB Fine!?

No, the TV star woman that made the big headlines when caught with her car at an checkpoint, with vaping gear inside, was jailed...
I can not remember what did happen to her "financially"...

2 minutes ago, pellets said:

No, the TV star woman that made the big headlines when caught with her car at an checkpoint, with vaping gear inside, was jailed...
I can not remember what did happen to her "financially"...

She was not jailed . Got a link to news line saying she was jailed ?

2 hours ago, BestB said:

She was not jailed . Got a link to news line saying she was jailed ?

Yes, she was jailed there and then.
I can not tell for how long, because i did not follow the story after the action on Sukhumvit, where she was stopped.

5 minutes ago, pellets said:

Yes, she was jailed there and then.
I can not tell for how long, because i did not follow the story after the action on Sukhumvit, where she was stopped.

stop talking utter drivel, she was not jailed there and then. If you insist on posting same incorrect information, provide a link to support it

On 2/28/2019 at 5:02 PM, richard_smith237 said:

A failed extortion attempt and then the face saving and punishment, putting her through the courts, wasting everyones times for what amounts to a crime the court considered was worth just US$26

The BiB screwed her over out of spite. 

It`s a very easy way to avoid just that kind of problems: DON`T break the law...

1 hour ago, BestB said:

stop talking utter drivel, she was not jailed there and then. If you insist on posting same incorrect information, provide a link to support it

IF you DID see the news at Channel3 that time it happend, YOU would know WHO produced the "utter drivel", AND hopefully you would be ashamed TOO!!!

4 hours ago, pellets said:

YES, direct from her car to the cell.
I do NOT know for how long then.

That's being arrested and placed in a holding cell while you're being processed.

Very different situation. Just check out her facebook page, there has been no jail time. She's still posting crap there every day now, lol

On 2/27/2019 at 4:16 PM, phuketrichard said:

NOTE;  

SHE CLAIMS

please tell me when thailand was broke or when ( expect year after Tsunami) the tourists stopped coming here?

The TVF experts have a special library full of facts about Thailand. Only the privileged are allowed access.

Archived