Jump to content
BANGKOK
snoop1130

Bangkok bus drivers fined for using wrong side of road

Recommended Posts

 

Drivers of two air-conditioned buses were on Wednesday fined Bt5,000 each after Facebook users shared video of them driving against the traffic.

 

how about replacing the RTP with facebook users? they seem to do a better job of policing the country

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, fruitman said:

I hope so! Those BKK busdrivers have no idea how to drive safe....they even can't use their indicators.

Would you trust them if they did.... I certainly don't take any notice of any indication !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, shady86 said:
18 hours ago, fruitman said:
I hope so! Those BKK busdrivers have no idea how to drive safe....they even can't use their indicators.

It's not safety first but money first. Get to destination as soon as possible with more passengers.

 

Nothing to do with money. Everything to do with a sense of entitlement. Very common in a Me First society.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, fruitman said:

I hope so! Those BKK busdrivers have no idea how to drive safe....they even can't use their indicators.

I have to admit that during the times I have ridden my motorbike in Bangkok, I have felt much safer there than anywhere else in Thailand, everywhere I have been in Thailand except Bangkok, the driving and riding are absolutely atrocious, always having to slow right down for ignorant scum who just can't wait a few seconds more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

i see them all over the road everyday doing the same. they use one to block traffic of oncoming traffic and let others through. what kind of suicidal moron rides in a bus anyway?

Are you calling me a suicidal moron because I sometimes travel on a bus?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

 

Nothing to do with money. Everything to do with a sense of entitlement. Very common in a Me First society.

It is actually to do with money Barry, Bangkok bus drivers are paid by the amount of journeys they do, not by the hour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

It is actually to do with money Barry, Bangkok bus drivers are paid by the amount of journeys they do, not by the hour.

 

Normal Bangkok buses yes, but the bus in the photo does not look like a regular service, more a tourist bus. So yes, it is about Me First in this case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

 

Normal Bangkok buses yes, but the bus in the photo does not look like a regular service, more a tourist bus. So yes, it is about Me First in this case.

You are so right Barry, it is about Me First, but that does not only apply to buses, it applies to every

type of vehicle on Thailands roads, even motorbikes, one came out of a driveway right in front of me

this morning without even looking, just as well I almost stopped, and that was me on a pushbike, they are so stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

You are so right Barry, it is about Me First, but that does not only apply to buses, it applies to every

type of vehicle on Thailands roads, even motorbikes, one came out of a driveway right in front of me

this morning without even looking, just as well I almost stopped, and that was me on a pushbike, they are so stupid.

 

It's only news if a motorcyclist DOESN'T come out of a driveway/side road without looking. It is impossible to understand the Thai mentality, why they don't realise that by not slowing down and looking that they might be killed. They just find it impossible to join the dots.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So if I post my dash cam video of some guy driving his pickup south-bound in the north-bound lanes on highway 11 south of Lamphun today, he'll get a ticket?  I thought it would be more likely that the farang who posted the video would be hauled in front of a Thai court for the driver's loss of face.

Edited by connda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, shady86 said:

Only 5000? We're going to see more of these.

And probably 0.25 of a point against their driver licenses (if they have driver licenses) or hasn't that 'point system' starte yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, fruitman said:

That's why those fines should be much higher....50.000 baht would be better.

That's why they should be paid a salary - not commissions!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now....if only they’d take action against Chiang Mai’s 

MOTORCYCLE MORONS who do the same thing on almost every Main Road every day and night !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...