Bangkok bus drivers fined for using wrong side of road

snoop1130

Bangkok bus drivers fined for using wrong side of road

By The Nation

e2e35533b8d073eb00a9dbae647b0c64.jpeg

Drivers of two air-conditioned buses were on Wednesday fined Bt5,000 each after Facebook users shared video of them driving against the traffic.

The Land Transport Department announced that the two drivers were filmed driving on the wrong side of Makkasan Road, heading to Ratchaprarop Road on Tuesday.

The clips were posted on the We Love Buses Facebook page.

The department said the drivers were Kittisak Meejaiyen, who drove bus 11-3, and Supoj Sunthornprawej, with bus 11-36.

The two drivers were also sent on an attitude adjustment session.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30364892

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-02-27

46 minutes ago, shady86 said:
2 hours ago, fruitman said:
I hope so! Those BKK busdrivers have no idea how to drive safe....they even can't use their indicators.

It's not safety first but money first. Get to destination as soon as possible with more passengers.

That's why those fines should be much higher....50.000 baht would be better.

Look at the windscreen, so much crap on it the driver had know idea where he was going! Surprised he found the road.

What are these jerks thinking of? (A nation wide problem/mind-set in most all heavy vehicles.)

Just waiting to see a motor cyclist tangled up in the fan belts of a bus that gets around with the rear engine door open = "my machine is bigger than yours".

Ya gotta wunder!

1 hour ago, unamazedloso said:

i see them all over the road everyday doing the same. they use one to block traffic of oncoming traffic and let others through. what kind of suicidal moron rides in a bus anyway?

Mostly suicidal Thai's who put there faith in Buddha  :wai:

4 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

i see them all over the road everyday doing the same. they use one to block traffic of oncoming traffic and let others through. what kind of suicidal moron rides in a bus anyway?

me. only been in one bus accident in 20 years, a few close shaves though... ????

16 hours ago, shady86 said:
18 hours ago, fruitman said:
I hope so! Those BKK busdrivers have no idea how to drive safe....they even can't use their indicators.

It's not safety first but money first. Get to destination as soon as possible with more passengers.

Nothing to do with money. Everything to do with a sense of entitlement. Very common in a Me First society.

19 hours ago, fruitman said:

I have to admit that during the times I have ridden my motorbike in Bangkok, I have felt much safer there than anywhere else in Thailand, everywhere I have been in Thailand except Bangkok, the driving and riding are absolutely atrocious, always having to slow right down for ignorant scum who just can't wait a few seconds more.

6 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

Are you calling me a suicidal moron because I sometimes travel on a bus?

45 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Nothing to do with money. Everything to do with a sense of entitlement. Very common in a Me First society.

It is actually to do with money Barry, Bangkok bus drivers are paid by the amount of journeys they do, not by the hour.

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

It is actually to do with money Barry, Bangkok bus drivers are paid by the amount of journeys they do, not by the hour.

Normal Bangkok buses yes, but the bus in the photo does not look like a regular service, more a tourist bus. So yes, it is about Me First in this case.

12 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Normal Bangkok buses yes, but the bus in the photo does not look like a regular service, more a tourist bus. So yes, it is about Me First in this case.

You are so right Barry, it is about Me First, but that does not only apply to buses, it applies to every

type of vehicle on Thailands roads, even motorbikes, one came out of a driveway right in front of me

this morning without even looking, just as well I almost stopped, and that was me on a pushbike, they are so stupid.

34 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

You are so right Barry, it is about Me First, but that does not only apply to buses, it applies to every

type of vehicle on Thailands roads, even motorbikes, one came out of a driveway right in front of me

this morning without even looking, just as well I almost stopped, and that was me on a pushbike, they are so stupid.

It's only news if a motorcyclist DOESN'T come out of a driveway/side road without looking. It is impossible to understand the Thai mentality, why they don't realise that by not slowing down and looking that they might be killed. They just find it impossible to join the dots.

So if I post my dash cam video of some guy driving his pickup south-bound in the north-bound lanes on highway 11 south of Lamphun today, he'll get a ticket?  I thought it would be more likely that the farang who posted the video would be hauled in front of a Thai court for the driver's loss of face.

23 hours ago, shady86 said:

Only 5000? We're going to see more of these.

And probably 0.25 of a point against their driver licenses (if they have driver licenses) or hasn't that 'point system' starte yet?

Archived