Pakistan airspace currently closed

tso310

I flew back to Helsinki with Finnair in May. I was expecting the flight to be late arriving by 40-50 mins due to detouring around Pakistan air space. Well, they certainly avoided Pakistan, we took off heading north from Bangkok and continued going north over China. Somewhere between Shanghai and Beijing we turned north-west over the Gobi Desert, then over Mongolia and into SIberia where we turned to port again, and continued over Siberia and Russia all the way to the Gulf of Helsinki. Very interesting, I had a window seat and had never flown over China or Russia before.

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

Very interesting, I had a window seat and had never flown over China or Russia before.

During one of the Gulf wars we flew with Thai airways to Germany and it went straight north towards Siberia and then heading west.

One of the longest flights from Thailand ever.

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

Well, they certainly avoided Pakistan, we took off heading north from Bangkok and continued going north over China.

Until 19th this month they followed this route.

Yesterday 20th they flew via India, Pakistan, Afghanistan and then north.

Now a window seat on the right might be interesting again hoping to see the Himalayas :smile:

Archived