What is the reason that aspirin banned in some country’s ?

Sandman77

When I got a cold and running nose like now cos of air change I always using aspirin !, my wife just told me this medicine not allowed to sale in thailand and I think in us also , but what is the reasoning of the ban in some country? When foreigner bring some medical from home, where not allowed in thailand is the import of them without knowing also not allowed ? I read years ago a report on a website that travelers that only make a 3 hour stop over in Dubai connecting flight to Asia , got fined when some medical from there homecountry is not allowed ! I cannot verify this information is true or not?

I only know aspirin use and malaria can be very dangerous I have a thai friend she was working in Maledive there very low medical standard docs don’t know that malaria and aspirin make problem but also give her the tablets !

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

4 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Ask your Mrs if she is confusing aspirin with arsenic hopefully for you its just translational  as I can confirm it can be purchased at every pharmacy and called Aspent-m 81mg????

The 81mg variety is the so-called Cardio-Aspirin, often prescribed/adviced/taken as a longterm preventive medicine against cardio-vascular diseases

Aspirin is a blood - thinner. As a matter of fact, some researchers advocate taking aspirin (in large quantities) rather than the expensive regular blood thinners.

As far as I know, Ibuprofen / neurofen has the same effect.

After I had an heart attack my cardiologist warned me against aspirin and some other similar medecin (in combination with my "regular" blood thinners.

Paracetamol is ok though (different substance).

If you google, it is easy to find what medecins should not be combined.

And extra warning: alcohol is a blood thinner too......

It is not banned in any country I know of and that includes Thailand where it is not "banned" and does nto require a prescription but does have to be obtained at a pharmacy with a grade one pharmacist.

It is not used in children anymore because of the various risks mentioned by others.

And with adults, should nto be used in Dengue nor in people at risk of bleeding.

Just now, Sheryl said:

It is not banned in any country I know of and that includes Thailand where it is not "banned" and does nto require a prescription but does have to be obtained at a pharmacy with a grade one pharmacist.

It is not used in children anymore because of the various risks mentioned by others.

And with adults, should nto be used in Dengue nor in people at risk of bleeding.

India bans over the counter sale of aspirin every dengue season, in Thailand it depends which brand and thus which strength, the lowest strength are FDD NDD and so do not even need a grade one pharmacist, while the strongest are FDD S and so require a prescription.  The kind of dose that people use for pain management is FDD S, while the dose given for cariovascular issues is FDD NDD.

All drugs have side effects.

Main side effect of aspirin is gastric irritation and decreased coagulation (tendency to bleed).

Main side effect of paracetemol is liver and kidney damage. If not siffering ftom liver or kidney impairment to start with an occadional normal dosage is unlikely to cause harm but high dosages or prolonged daily use can.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Just now, Snow Leopard said:

For a Hangover. 100% soluble Asprin for sure is the best along with a soluble vitamin C tablet. I find soluble Asprin much easier on the stomach. 

There have been a number of studies attempting to determine the most effective hanover cure, however none have been able to demonstrate any beneficial effect from either paracetamol nor aspirin, in one large study nothing worked better than a glass of water.

I find the old "Plop-Plop/Fizz-Fizz" of Alka Seltzer (which does contain aspirin) to provide the most immediate relief after night of over-indulgence, especially when heartburn strikes at 3am. 

Not particularly common in pharmacys in Thailand, pretty much hit or miss finding it.

India bans over the counter sale of aspirin every dengue season, in Thailand it depends which brand and thus which strength, the lowest strength are FDD NDD and so do not even need a grade one pharmacist, while the strongest are FDD S and so require a prescription.  The kind of dose that people use for pain management is FDD S, while the dose given for cariovascular issues is FDD NDD.
It is FDA not FDD in Thailand and regular strength aspirin is Category D which requires a first grade pharmacist on duty. Sounds like you sre referring to listings of a country other than Thailand?

Just now, Sheryl said:

It is FDA not FDD in Thailand and regular strength aspirin is Category D which requires a first grade pharmacist on duty. Sounds like you sre referring to listings of a country other than Thailand?

I looked up every brand available in Thailand and they range from NDD to S, and that appeared linked to strength. 

What is "regular strength" Perhaps 80mg or is it 325mg?  Both of those are a "regular" dose but for different problems, LOL.

Archived