papaya mango prices going up?

yogavnture

1 minute ago, ProbPossConf said:

Carrots too.

i was at a big c in an undisclosed location as i dont want tourists in the city i travel to. but the big c their . had carrots for sale and had a juicer their and didnt charge anything extra to juice it. and gave to u in a plastic bag.  sweet

17 hours ago, yogavnture said:

i was at a big c in an undisclosed location as i dont want tourists in the city i travel to. but the big c their . had carrots for sale and had a juicer their and didnt charge anything extra to juice it. and gave to u in a plastic bag.  sweet

Very strange, because the Big C in my location also sells fresh carrot juice there. Do not know how sweet it is because I've never purchased any there. Maybe I will buy some the next time I go there.  I like to shop there and find some of their female staff quite attractive. 

If you have customers willing to buy big lots of anything, its ktsing.

In own country it will gets more expensive and the quality will be less.

I think in Thailand all fruits will get higher in price, due to selling it to the ...Chinese.

Here we had big onions, nowadays they are small, no more big onions. Same with potatoes.

Bread it goes up in price, why? Grain is a fuel, so they are fighting to get grain, one for making fuel , the other for making bread. 

We have a fish here, only some countries were  eating it. Now the Japanese like it, so ktsing for export and the price in own country rises. I think if the Chinese will like it, it will rise really high.

In USA, saw docu once, a farmer had acres of strawberries, but he wasnt the only one. He had to pay, to sell his crops.

Loose money, so he decided to let it rot, as that costed nothing and was economically better for him.

So YES the prices in Thailand is up and will go up more and more.

14 minutes ago, xtrnuno41 said:

I think in Thailand all fruits will get higher in price, due to selling it to the ...Chinese.

Funny thing about apples grown in China.

They cost twice as much to buy in China, than the same apples (imported from China) cost to buy in Chiang Mai.

1 hour ago, tweedledee2 said:

Very strange, because the Big C in my location also sells fresh carrot juice there. Do not know how sweet it is because I've never purchased any there. Maybe I will buy some the next time I go there.  I like to shop there and find some of their female staff quite attractive. 

Suggest you buy the imported ones from Australia. They're not these ones the size of a baseball bat and taste like real carrots should.

Between eating off the trees in the yard and buying in the local market, if the prices are "going through the rood" I haven't really noticed.  And as far as papaya, in our village you can't give it away.  Learn to eat seasonally.  Whatever is in season is generally cheaper than dirt out in the rural markets.  If your shopping in the city, well, don't complain.  You're in the city.  But if you know where to shop you can still find cheap produce. 

5 hours ago, Jonnapat said:

Suggest you buy the imported ones from Australia. They're not these ones the size of a baseball bat and taste like real carrots should.

I guess "hooked on phonics works for you". Did you reed anywhere inn my original post that I wanted to by carrots? 

yeah, it's mango time and usually we get a basket full from the wife's village...but nothin' this year and not much last year either...

and tutsi writhes in sea of mango juice on the back terrace 'but tutsi what about yer diabetes?' 'don't care! when I die put me in the incinerator in a box with a mango creme pudding to accompany me into the flames of hell!!!'

and then the relations from the USA show up 'what's that smell?' 'it'sa mango creme pudding, your relation was a mango falang weirdo...' meanwhile the grandchildren are shaving off strips of green mango and observing curiously...

rural death by mango...

and there's the usual mistaken impression...

mambo? surely they we referring to mangoes...

15 hours ago, tweedledee2 said:

I bought a couple of plastic bags from Khon Kaen Big C it was not pure carrot juice was to watery tasted crap. I do my own juice so I know what it tastes like. Am sure they added water to it.

Best selection of fruit and vegetables, try the fresh markets. Sellers ( presumably growers/ farmers) set up stalls by the side of the road. Good quality / priced goods can be had there too. Some of it might not look too pretty but quality is fine.

On 2/28/2019 at 4:31 PM, tweedledee2 said:

it is sweet but my sweet comment is that they do it for free.  carrot juice tastes great if its refrigerated. i buy alot of it at big. c.   maybe all the big c s are doing it.  its a good service

Archived